Racing online advice

It's been a long time since I've raced online (10 years ago?) and it wasn't always a good experience. The usual crash dummies and cheats.
It looks like, with AC, many are enjoying racing online especially here. Things I think I need to consider are, my skill level, running in the correct groups skill wise and maybe I need to start slowly by competing with hotlaps and just see where I rank per car/track combo.
If you guys think I need to do the hotlap approach where should I go to do that?
Any help would be much appreciated. Tired of running the AI. Have a great day.

There will never be an AI, in simracing, that will be as realistic as an actual human driver.
And the satisfaction to go wheel to wheel with an other driver that will not react predictably as a coded algorithm is not even comparable.
Here at RD we host a great variety of races in the AC Racing Club, the atmosphere is fair and relaxed, we share driving tips and setups, both in chat and Teamspeak. Some basic rules of gentlemen driving are also enforced. The Club racing is restricted to Premium members.
I think it's the better place to start your online racing experience with AC.

And we usually have a wide range of talent too so no matter if you're an alien or a beginner you'll usually find someone to keep you company on the track. Feel free to join us for some races and don't worry about being off the pace or making mistakes, as long as you're trying your best and driving with manners that's all that matters. We all have to start somewhere, and what better place to start than with a group that will be understanding of any rookie miscues and are happy to help you improve!

There will never be an AI, in simracing, that will be as realistic as an actual human driver.
And the satisfaction to go wheel to wheel with an other driver that will not react predictably as a coded algorithm is not even comparable.
Here at RD we host a great variety of races in the AC Racing Club, the atmosphere is fair and relaxed, we share driving tips and setups, both in chat and Teamspeak. Some basic rules of gentlemen driving are also enforced. The Club racing is restricted to Premium members.
I think it's the better place to start your online racing experience with AC.
Thank you Glaurung. I appreciate the response. I know all races are probably different, but in general about how many laps are they and is there somewhere I can go over the proper etiquette you guys use.
Have a great day.

And we usually have a wide range of talent too so no matter if you're an alien or a beginner you'll usually find someone to keep you company on the track. Feel free to join us for some races and don't worry about being off the pace or making mistakes, as long as you're trying your best and driving with manners that's all that matters. We all have to start somewhere, and what better place to start than with a group that will be understanding of any rookie miscues and are happy to help you improve!
Thank you Brandon. I've been thinking about doing just that. I look forward to running with you guys. Well, wherever my skill takes me that is:cool:

Thank you Glaurung. I appreciate the response. I know all races are probably different, but in general about how many laps are they and is there somewhere I can go over the proper etiquette you guys use.
Have a great day.
The races we host in the AC Racing Club have different durations.
There are events organized in a 2 race format each of 20 mins, like the historic events, or the single make series events like the Carrera Cup.
There are the DTM and the GT3 races that have a single race of 40 mins and 60 mins respectively.
Then there are the Multiclass Endurance events that have a duration of 1h 45'.

That's the beauty of RD's club racing, it's all about having fun and nobody cares how good you are. You have your aliens :alien: that seem to be able to make their cars do impossible things, and then you have us mere mortals filling the rest of the grid. ;) There's always someone of your own level nearby to battle with, and you'll probably see a sudden jump in your own racing ability which comes from racing/watching real people instead of AI. That's another thing that's great about the clubs, there's always plenty of help and advice on offer to help you improve. It can be a bit nerve wracking at first but you'll quickly get into the swing of it, and then you'll never look back.

See you in the club! :thumbsup:

The races we host in the AC Racing Club have different durations.
There are events organized in a 2 race format each of 20 mins, like the historic events, or the single make series events like the Carrera Cup.
There are the DTM and the GT3 races that have a single race of 40 mins and 60 mins respectively.
Then there are the Multiclass Endurance events that have a duration of 1h 45'.
Thanks. I usually run from 25-45 minutes. I'll cramp up at 1h 45. That's great that it's available. I'm sure I'll do that one day, but for now baby steps.....Have a great night.

That's the beauty of RD's club racing, it's all about having fun and nobody cares how good you are. You have your aliens :alien: that seem to be able to make their cars do impossible things, and then you have us mere mortals filling the rest of the grid. ;) There's always someone of your own level nearby to battle with, and you'll probably see a sudden jump in your own racing ability which comes from racing/watching real people instead of AI. That's another thing that's great about the clubs, there's always plenty of help and advice on offer to help you improve. It can be a bit nerve wracking at first but you'll quickly get into the swing of it, and then you'll never look back.

See you in the club! :thumbsup:
That sounds great Ross. "Aliens" lol I think I've seen that term used before in the forum. Some of the guys I see on Youtube seem to be just that.
The help you speak about is one of the things I've enjoyed seeing here at Race Department. Just in the general forums you guys really seem to care about everyone having a good experience. I've always enjoyed helping others as well so I'm sure I'm in the right place.
Have a great night Ross.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back