F1 2010 Racing Line Assist

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I just finished my first season (with Lotus) and won the WDC. I accepted an offer with Renault for season 2. I drive with manual shifting and most assists off, but I used the racing line assist throughout season 1 so I could familiarize myself with the tracks. I'd like to turn that off now. Do you guys use the distance markers as braking point cues, other features next to the track or something else? I don't want to embarrass myself too badly with my new team. :tongue:

Taking Bahrain as an example for me:

1 - Kerb on outside of track
4 - 100m distance marker
7 - As the road straightens up
9 - Driving rhythm (as you are not long out of the turn I just mentally time this rather than look for a marker)
12 - Driving rhythm
14 - Distance judgement to hairpin
17 - 100m distance marker
19 - Outside kerb
20 - 100m distance marker
22 - 100m distance marker
23 - 100m distance marker

I'd advise against throwing other cars in the mix initially - especially as I have found that they corner very differently to player cars. I'd say do a couple laps on TT with the line turned on and just try and get a rough idea of when the brake points are (like "between 150m and 100m"). Then turn it off and practice, but with you breaking early (so for the previous you'd brake at 150m). Then as you do more laps you can start braking later and later.

If you try and practice with the line on you'll just end up looking at the line, so get a rough idea then turn it off. You'll find that you'll start to push the brake point too late after a while - probably not so much that you crash or even leave the track depending on where you are (I'd not recommend starting with singapore!).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back