• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Racing games with great customization options but with great and realistic handling?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Fellu43, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Fellu43

Fellu43

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you guys recommend me some racing games with sim-like physics but with many customization options as well. Like I love playing sim games but would like to have a great variety for personalizing my cars like in NFS but I just can't stand its handling.

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,752
    Hi, and welcome to Race Department:)
    Most games with "sim like physics" tend not to have such easy means of car personalisation and rely on skins if they can be modded.
    Over and above that, you probably need to be slightly more specific, console or pc, wheel or controller. Then what type of motorsport are you interested in.
    Also people tend to have their own preferences and beliefs at what constitutes sim physics, so the answers may not be too straightforward.
    Hopefully you'll get an answer that'll help so keep on asking.

3. bloozmahn

bloozmahn
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    forza is the closest to that concept, but it's pretty sim-cade as much as i hate that term. although i do miss "building" a car to a specific performance category, the forza series lacks the difficulty and finesse you need to be challenged in a sim-style racing game. assetto corsa has many, many user created cars for PC but you can't add or subtract components at all.

4. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +784
    I totally second that.
    I don't know of any other racing game where you can modify the car like you can in forza!
    The physics and driving.. Well they are not real but they are fun! I especially have to say that driving forza with an Xbox controller feels more "real" than driving project cars or assetto corsa with the controller! :)
    Only played forza 3 and 4 on Xbox 360 and the forza 7 demo only shortly on Windows 10.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bloozmahn

bloozmahn
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    i played a bit of forza.. :)

19578501_10155118238088141_546118218_n.jpg

• Wow Wow x 1
  6. Fellu43

Fellu43

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys, will be looking to save up for Forza soon!