Racing Games Through the Years

@quicksilver384 toca world touring cars on ps1 - what a great title that was! I enjoyed f1 97 too, although it had a few bugs as I remember (using time acceleration mode in quali made the ai go stupid fast so you had to literally wait for the hour session to pass before moving on to the race):roflmao::roflmao:

I actually havn't played it in years and I was terrible at that game as I am with modern sims especially open wheelers. Most of my classic gaming collection is just wasting away gathering dust now.

The first racing game i played on PC was the amazing funny arcade by milestone Screamer 2 (and Screamer rally too) and then came NfS3...
I was searching and i found the original copies of NfS Porsche 2000 F1 Racing Campionship (2001 by V System/Ubisoft) GPL, GTL, Flatout 1/2 and so on... How many memories...

@quicksilver384 totally agree with you on the TOCA games, those were fantastic and it helped that they reproduced what was for me the best racing series that ever was. 90's BTCC was immense and I still get a tear in my eye knowing those days are gone. John Cleland, legend.

Only thing that spoilt it for me, and still does, is the annoying mispronunciation of TOCA. I followed the real series very closely, including attending a number of the races throughout the 90's and people would insist on pronouncing it wrong. It's pronounced "tow car" not "toka".

Imbecilic fools!

lol
I was lucky enough see some of the 90 BTCC cars at knockill last year and the noise was just epic especially the Mondeo ( yes im a ford man ) dont get me wrong they are really good to watch live now ( i still go up prety much every year ) but yes i agree 100% they were far better in the 90's

Was that the HSCC Super Touring Car championship @quicksilver384 ? That's such an amazing series, it's even got Patrick Watts and John Cleland in their period cars! Cleland even has his old pit wall dividers, team shirts and autograph cards! Love it!

Went to see them in 2015 I think at Oulton Park, plus a couple of times at Donington Park too. Still brilliant to watch. The racing isn't what it once was, because the cars are literally priceless now, but it's still great to see. I think at Oulton they even had the '94 Alfa for a short while, which I believe doesn't run anymore in that series.

it was yes. the racing was not really racing but was still awesome to see them.
Apparently a few years back Matt Neil had the oppertunity to buy his old primera but refused to pay the high price of £30 odd K and now its worth over £300k apparenty.

it was yes. the racing was not really racing but was still awesome to see them.
Apparently a few years back Matt Neil had the oppertunity to buy his old primera but refused to pay the high price of £30 quid
That is a bit steep for an old Datsun Primera:D

Well this is blinkin' typical.

I write a nice and well thought out article about my visit to Simbin, take some nice pictures and spend ages trying to get the right "feel" of the piece and get 23 comments.

In this one I thrown together a bunch of old pictures that require literally no thought and half an hour on Wikipedia and boom - nearly 60 comments in an hour!

Bloody marvellous :D:roflmao::roflmao::D

Well this is blinkin' typical.

I write a nice and well thought out article about my visit to Simbin, take some nice pictures and spend ages trying to get the right "feel" of the piece and get 23 comments.

In this one I thrown together a bunch of old pictures that require literally no thought and half an hour on Wikipedia and boom - nearly 60 comments in an hour!

Bloody marvellous :D:roflmao::roflmao::D
That's because this is more interesting to us oldies and veterans of sim racing. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back