Racing Game Challenges V0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Welcome to the Racing Games Challenge thread. In this game, a broad challenge will be set that can be done on pretty much any racing game you like. Games such as Codie's F1 series, Assetto Corsa, GP4, rFactor, Mario Kart etc are all welcome, as long as you can get some evidence.

At the end of the round, whoever set the challenge chooses the winner, who then sets the next challenge. Submission time will be irregular, ie: up to the challenge setter, but somewhere between 3 and 7 days.

Videos are preferred, but screenshots if you can't get them are perfectly OK, as are photos of a screen if for example you don't know how to save videos or images from a console.

With every submission, make sure you mention the Game, Platform, Cars and Track.

CHALLENGE 1

I want to see the best Turn 1 crash you can achieve. Max grid of 24 cars, in any game, I just want a massive accident at turn 1 that looks natural. I'm not talking about deliberately not braking for turn 1 and smashing into the leaders, but make it look like it might have been caused by a genuine mistake.

For your submission, I just want ONE screenshot of the accident. I'd like an explanation of what happened, and if you went for most car, or best flight or something. Make sure to say which game, platform, cars/mods and track used.

Oh and finally, no modding gravity or damage to exacerbate the accident.

Sounds good, sadly my wheel isn't functioning as it should anymore.

But i have a few old videos which have some natural start crashes.
04bf9a3c4135b2bedeedbfedafa51992.jpg

Bad start starting from P2. The Pole-Man was already far away while a McLaren was side by side with me coming towards turn 1. On my left there was a Ferrari side by side with me and braked a bit later. On the inside there was another car, a Lotus, breaking later than the McLaren beside me.. The McLaren was cautious and stepped backed while the Lotus wanted too much, not hitting the Apex anymore.He crashed right into the Ferrari who was just hitting the Apex. I barely was harmed by that cause i was cautious and let the Ferrari hit the Apex first. Apparently there was another car on the right side of the Lotus, a Red Bull. That car also braked way too late. And on the left side beside the Ferrari was another car, a Sauber. he was on the outside of turn 1 and was hit by the Red Bull aswell after he hit the Ferrari. he had luck and wasnt hit hard and didnt lose any time probably. The Red Bull had hit the Lotus in the meantime and i could sneak into the inside of the turn, wanting to profit from the Chaos. But i couldn't know that beside the Red Bull was a another Red Bull. he must have cut the corner to avoid the collision in front of him. I drove into his side, no way i could have avoid that. Got a penalty for that. My back hit the other Red Bull because of that. The Red Bull on the far inside couldnt steer that well because of my hit on his side and crashed into the Lotus who wanted to drive from his crash through the outside of the corner to finally get away. In the meantime i wanted to go out of that corner, but another mcLaren and another Lotus were sliding in front of me. Both must have cut the corner because of the collision in turn 1. The one red bull spun after the touch with the Lotus on the outside, the McLaren from the start was reentering the track, the last McLAren and Lotus couldnt move anymore and that Lotus was standing in the wrong direction. I was stuck behind that McLaren while the Ferrari was stuck behind me for a short time. Absolute chaos. All happening within 5 seconds or so.

Wrote that explanation while watching the video step by step.
Didnt correct it. Might sound whacky but hmm..

Better explanation is to watch it yourself.

i went for many cars and a chaotic start.
I also had found a video in an online session in Montreal. Every car had a different starting time somehow. I still had 5 lights, others had 3, another one already started. Whole back of the grid crashed, but there wasnt a great screenshot for it.
As it was online i couldnt modify anything physics related.
that was on PC, F1 2013, Bahrain as a track and with some F1 2013 cars.

From a couple of years back, racing a '03 season in gp4 with Montoya. Slight contact with Barrichello after Tamburello, getting my wheels on the grass. Spun a bit, Barrichello went straight into RSC trying to avoid me. They went on to take out Trulli, and damaged a couple of other cars as well. I managed to regain control of the car, and went on to finish the race in 4th.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 285
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 270
I count 6 screenshots :p

(Nethermind though :D)
Went by the op :whistling:

Videos are preferred, but screenshots if you can't get them are perfectly OK, as are photos of a screen if for example you don't know how to save videos or images from a console.

And damn, that was really ages back. Looking at the screen res that still might have been on my first PC :roflmao:. Worst thing about is that I lost the WDC. 9-6 wins, 10-3 poles, but 118 to 124 pts against MSC. How I still know all that? I noted all results of the championships I did :D

And damn, that was really ages back. Looking at the screen res that still might have been on my first PC :roflmao:. Worst thing about is that I lost the WDC. 9-6 wins, 10-3 poles, but 118 to 124 pts against MSC. How I still know all that? I noted all results of the championships I did :D
I like you ;D

Went by the op :whistling:

Well that was the first post. But each challenge can obviously change some few rules and this is how it looks like (unedited and still there is a word written in CAPS and in bold
:p

CHALLENGE 1

I want to see the best Turn 1 crash you can achieve. Max grid of 24 cars, in any game, I just want a massive accident at turn 1 that looks natural. I'm not talking about deliberately not braking for turn 1 and smashing into the leaders, but make it look like it might have been caused by a genuine mistake.

For your submission, I just want ONE screenshot of the accident. I'd like an explanation of what happened, and if you went for most car, or best flight or something. Make sure to say which game, platform, cars/mods and track used.

Oh and finally, no modding gravity or damage to exacerbate the accident.

Okay then.
A quite recent one from my league race in Australia. Chances are, you saw it already.
The pole sitter (NervoTank) had a lag-start, causing him to drop a lot of speed on the start. Alex from the front row got into the lead, while Cian and myself (RBOS) got the best starts of the lot. Dan got alongside NervoTank, but there was a gap on the outside which i went for, but Cian pushed us all inwards a bit and NervoTank got sandwiched between me and Dan, touching Dan's tyre causing him to spin a lot, and put me in the wall so I lost my front wing. Dan did too, of course, so we were back to the pits by the end of the lap.
Screenshot (10).jpg

Screenshot (11).jpg

Unfortunately, my own POV didn't record, I feel it would look the best from that. But you can see the video here:
Start is at ~4:30, and I've got replays of it at ~7:30.
I know it won't count but there was also another incident later on in turn 3
Screenshot (14).jpg

As a bonus entry, I can put another case of a lag-start from my most recent league race, China.
Screenshot (15).jpg

This time, it worked the opposite way, so my lights went out earlier than those of others. There were also two turn 1 incidents, Aressi punted Theog into the wall before the first corner, and Jonas was a bit clumsy and ended up spinning. There was another weird lag-related glitch at about turn 4, where, after I let the top 5 back through after my lag-start, I got collected by xMayhemMadness, but on his screen I just ghosted through his car.
The start is at ~4:10, and there are replays at ~8:10.

I'll probably find another one somewhere. However, I was happy of this one from a few years ago.
Up the inside in heavy, heavy rain at Austin (Skip to 1:33)

F1 2013, PC, Ferrari at Austin

Easy one, R3E club race a few weeks back with the Tatuus F4 at Nürburgring. Slow start dropped me from 1st to 3rd, a spin a few seconds later coming out of the Mercedes Arena to last. Worked my way back, and was approaching the group battling for P2.

37:25 in the video above.
Probably did something better, but this is the best I can think of at the moment.
As it stands, I have not yet matched this kind of pace in AOR.. at least not in the official league races. (damn you F1 2016 patches)
Funnily enough, COTA is also not one of my personal favourites, so I was surprised to qualify second behind the, very dominant, TyranoTigger.
Less of the race though, more on the overtake.
I had just come out of the pits, and rejoined just behind the two Saubers, as you may see. I was in a battle for 3rd with my penalties (which I lost by one second, I had that much penalties :roflmao: ), so I needed to get by these two fast. But, it was not in the plans to make this particular move. I expected to have more grip but Nico's small mistake caught me by surprise. So in a very natural racing line, I just about managed to fit my car between the white line, and Nico, and honestly it amazed me how we didn't crash.

I don't have any video of this because it was on my PS3 playing F1 2014. Or any other proof, actually. I was P3 heading into the last few laps in Canada. Ahead of me was HAM (P1) and RIC (P2) crossing the line. I'm on RIC's tailpipe when he swings wide around T2, allowing me to slip inside and beat him to the apex. (Perhaps he was avoiding a seagull?) For some reason, HAM clipped the grass inside T2 and got a slow start onto the straight. I managed to pull along the outside of HAM and stayed there through T3, T4, & T5, until HAM gave up the position avoiding the gravel at T6. Sprinting down the back stretch, I managed to get out of DRS range and HAM never caught me before the checkered flag. No, I don't expect to win, so don't pick me. Just wanted to share a fun story.

37:25 in the video above.
Probably did something better, but this is the best I can think of at the moment.
As it stands, I have not yet matched this kind of pace in AOR.. at least not in the official league races. (damn you F1 2016 patches)
Funnily enough, COTA is also not one of my personal favourites, so I was surprised to qualify second behind the, very dominant, TyranoTigger.
Less of the race though, more on the overtake.
I had just come out of the pits, and rejoined just behind the two Saubers, as you may see. I was in a battle for 3rd with my penalties (which I lost by one second, I had that much penalties :roflmao: ), so I needed to get by these two fast. But, it was not in the plans to make this particular move. I expected to have more grip but Nico's small mistake caught me by surprise. So in a very natural racing line, I just about managed to fit my car between the white line, and Nico, and honestly it amazed me how we didn't crash.
Is there no DRS in this game? You were within a second, right, but didn't open on the long straight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%