• Home of the RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Racing Game Challenges! - Week #4 - Replicate a real world crash!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Jimlaad43, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

RGC.jpg
    Welcome to the first thread of a whole new community effort on Race Department! Have you ever wanted an excuse to do stupid things on Racing Games and show them off? This is the competition for you.

The premise is simple, a Challenge will be set for anyone to try and complete. Your entry can be submitted from any game you like that involves driving cars, as long as it fulfills the requirements set in the challenge.

What kind of Challenges will be set?
    Most challenges should be possible to be completed on most games. If you are asked to submit a big 1st turn crash, entries can be submitted from all manner of games, from F1 2016, Assetto Corsa and rFactor, to games like Forza Horizon 3, GTA 5 and Mario Kart. Some challenges will be track specific, so again, entries will be free for any eligible game.

How do I enter?
    Simply upload your clip to a video site, such as Youtube, and share it in the thread. Please only link to relevant videos, preferably without watermarks, added music and long intros. These entries must be your own, you cannot post someone else's video and claim it as your own. Make sure you say which Game it was played on, and also car and track if it is not specified in the challenge.

How long will each round be open?
    1 week +/- a few days depending on my availability.

I have an idea for a challenge, how can I suggest it?
    The Game Challenges Nomination thread is a place to post your idea for a challenge. Once a winner is chosen, they will be notified, and a new challenge will be set, using suggestions in the Nominations thread.

I will update the thread title with the latest challenge and which page to find it on. I hope the challenges are challenging enough. Happy gaming!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Week #4 - Replicate a real world crash!
    POR.jpg
    This week's challenge was suggested by @Filip Carlén!
    I want you to replicate a real world crash. Find a video of a crash, and try to do the exact same thing in a game. Think about which car(s) are involved, which track it's at and the corner. The more things you can get the same, the better.

Post first a video of the crash you are trying to replicate, then follow it with your video. If you can get the same camera angles, it will make your chance of victory better.

Watch this video for some inspiration if you want some ideas.

DISCLAIMER: No fatal crashes, or ones that caused serious injuries please, this is supposed to be a bit of fun.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I think this is a stupid challenge, encouraging people to crash.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. You can do it offline or with friends

• Like Like x 3
  5. I like it; it's a pretty creative idea that gets you thinking about what you have access to in these sims way differently than usual!

6. I tried doing Jann Mardenborough, but it doesn't work, should I keep trying?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stiggy

Stiggy
    Premium

Here's an attempt I made at recreating the 1998 Spa crash for the WTF1 Super Maldonado Kart competition a few years ago...

8. Enpassant

Enpassant
    Premium

Motorsport is still very dangerous and challenging. Sometimes lost of mind or small mistake lead to spectacular manifestation of the power ofthe physic rules. Exact recreation of complexity of so many factors may be impossible. Not so many sims implement fully model of destruction in case of an crash (in my opinion - none). Sometimes crash model changes serius sim in to poor arcade. By the way... inventors of new AI behaviour in R3E should watch some scenes from presented video.

9. grahamw

grahamw
    Premium

Whilst this might be fun I am thinking it's in poor taste since crashes don't always end well. Their may be needs to be an added and no one actually got killed since we all can recall either in real life or watching archives some well documented crashes.

But in the interest of the challenge I would no idea how to do it but the classic one I remember was at Spa in the rain when Michael Schumacher rear ended a hapless David Coulthard.

In fact the race in 1998 was a classic for several instances of carnage on the track...

10. The_Laskinator

The_Laskinator
    Premium

Well if a particular crash is upsetting, don't replicate it? Seems a simple enough solution to me, you don't have to link the original crash video either

11. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Any of the famous Mercedes' flips at Le Mans spring to mind in this one:

I think most people will be sensible enough not to re-create a fatal incident. Seriously guys...:(

• Like Like x 1