Racing Game Challenges! - Archive

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
RGC.jpg

Welcome to the first thread of a whole new community effort on Race Department! Have you ever wanted an excuse to do stupid things on Racing Games and show them off? This is the competition for you.

The premise is simple, a Challenge will be set for anyone to try and complete. Your entry can be submitted from any game you like that involves driving cars, as long as it fulfills the requirements set in the challenge.

What kind of Challenges will be set?
Most challenges should be possible to be completed on most games. If you are asked to submit a big 1st turn crash, entries can be submitted from all manner of games, from F1 2016, Assetto Corsa and rFactor, to games like Forza Horizon 3, GTA 5 and Mario Kart. Some challenges will be track specific, so again, entries will be free for any eligible game.

How do I enter?
Simply upload your clip to a video site, such as Youtube, and share it in the thread. Please only link to relevant videos, preferably without watermarks, added music and long intros. These entries must be your own, you cannot post someone else's video and claim it as your own. Make sure you say which Game it was played on, and also car and track if it is not specified in the challenge.

How long will each round be open?
1 week +/- a few days depending on my availability.

I have an idea for a challenge, how can I suggest it?
The Game Challenges Nomination thread is a place to post your idea for a challenge. Once a winner is chosen, they will be notified, and a new challenge will be set, using suggestions in the Nominations thread.

I will update the thread title with the latest challenge and which page to find it on. I hope the challenges are challenging enough. Happy gaming!

Last edited:

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
RGC.jpg

Welcome to the first thread of a whole new community effort on Race Department! Have you ever wanted an excuse to do stupid things on Racing Games and show them off? This is the competition for you.

The premise is simple, a Challenge will be set for anyone to try and complete. Your entry can be submitted from any game you like that involves driving cars, as long as it fulfills the requirements set in the challenge.

What kind of Challenges will be set?
Most challenges should be possible to be completed on most games. If you are asked to submit a big 1st turn crash, entries can be submitted from all manner of games, from F1 2016, Assetto Corsa and rFactor, to games like Forza Horizon 3, GTA 5 and Mario Kart. Some challenges will be track specific, so again, entries will be free for any eligible game.

How do I enter?
Simply upload your clip to a video site, such as Youtube, and share it in the thread. Please only link to relevant videos, preferably without watermarks, added music and long intros. These entries must be your own, you cannot post someone else's video and claim it as your own. Make sure you say which Game it was played on, and also car and track if it is not specified in the challenge.

How long will each round be open?
1 week +/- a few days depending on my availability.

I have an idea for a challenge, how can I suggest it?
The Game Challenges Nomination thread is a place to post your idea for a challenge. Once a winner is chosen, they will be notified, and a new challenge will be set, using suggestions in the Nominations thread.

I will update the thread title with the latest challenge and which page to find it on. I hope the challenges are challenging enough. Happy gaming!

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Week #1 - Roll a car off a kerb
heidfeld.jpg

The first challenge is trickier than it sounds, but is really fun nonetheless.
While driving around race tracks, you may sometimes notice some high kerbs. Your challenge this week is to hit one of these kerbs and roll your car. At the end of the week, the most spectacular crash will win.

Make sure the crash looks realistic, don't just drive at 200mph and hit the inside kerb of a hairpin, that's not what this is about. The more genuine the start of the accident looks, the more likely it is to win. Obviously, if it's a glitchy kerb and your car is launched into space, that's hilarious and fine.

Post your videos below, and enjoy!

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
rgc-jpg.174224

If you have any ideas for challenges to be set, post them here. Make sure they can be done on different games, so it doesn't restrict it to just AMS or Codemasters games for example.

If you think someone else's idea is good, give it a "like" rating. It will help us decide what challenge to set next.

@Jimlaad43 Thats whole different approach - using kerb to get too much air under the car. Doesn't count :D Other Kerb rollovers are happening because of centripetal force, or bouncing off from kerbs mechanical reactive force, or risen center of mass, or all three.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 66 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%
  • €3001-5000