1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Racing Club

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Steve O'Malley, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Whatever happened to the RD racing club? A lot of other sims have one and I seem to recall there was a Sunday evening MX5 RD event but it all seems to have gone now.
    Are there any plans for new RD Iracing events?

• Like Like x 2
  2. It died out just like every single road event held here on the iRacing part of the RD forum.

3. That's a shame. Any chance of something new happening in the future?

4. I would be up for some iRacing club races on RD. ;) Just needs to be a week night for me though as weekends aren't possible for me atm.

5. I would be interested in a new RD season.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I can re-open a forum but then you guys need to run it yourself as we currently have no iracing staff :(

7. it's in the nature of iRacing to be a highly individualized experience and also one not needing no outside staff since the official race calendar is already packed densely with interesting events every thirty minutes or so. Hope this will change once driver swap is out and team building starts to become interesting again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sunday evening MX-5 races were really good fun.

• Like Like x 1
  9. They were indeed Kev, but even these races succumbed to the 15-20 sign up and then 8-10 actually turn up to race, lol.

Star Mazda league was the same. Started with plenty of sign ups, but by 2/3's of the season we were lucky to get half a dozen on the grid for races.

10. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I LOVED the first MX5 Cup!