Racing Club Suggestion

Ok so our racing club is starting to build up again, and some events are full with a healthy reserves list.

The Problems

Sign ups that don't show for unforseen or simply inconsiderate, selfish reasons.
Getting reserves into server in a fair order.

Suggested solutions.

1) Penalize serial no showers' with a one month racing suspension from ALL, not just Race07 and not just club events. Harsh but fair on everyone else.
2) Make it Mandatory for Reserves to join teamspeak in order to be instructed when they can join the server. They don't have to have a microphone, as some may not want to chat - Teamspeak supports typed messages and if the suggestion 3 is implemented alongside this then both reserves and those in server will know when to expect reserves to be joining teamspeak and asking if a slot is free. If implemented correctly with clear instructions in the top post of events, reserves would know which order they were allowed to join in from the forum so no one jumps the queue and admin don't have to attend every event to ensure it runs smoothly.
3) Create a Reserves channel, under each game, eg. Race07 Reserves - by doing this the reserves can see who is still in reserve before and after them, before joining the channel for race and asking people in the server if they can join at the predefined (top post again) time.
4) In the event timing (top post) include a time, I suggest 5 mins before the End of qualy, entitled - Reserves join main teamspeak to request server access from members already in server. This is when reserves jump up in reserve order to ask if they are free to join, and remember that can be by voice or text if they don't have a Mic.
5) This is why I like these suggestions - Reserves that don't get into the event are encouraged to stay in the Reserves channel to organise themselves where they Race together, wether that's on other RD servers not in an active event (practice), servers they host themselves, or Public servers - the point is they still get to race with other members, even if its not in the event they hoped to join. The use of a Reserves channel could even be used to fill empty slots in events that are not full because many don't look at the RD forum once in game but could be sitting in a reserve channel, indicating that they are untamed and available to race.

What do you think?

Nobody would be forced to use the view, you would sign up for the event knowing that it was a cockpit view only even...
Which would reduce attendance, as I said above. The view others choose to use has no affect on the racing experience of everyone else, so in my view there is no value whatsoever in running events with a cockpit restriction, a clutch restriction, a gear restriction, or whatever else. Let people race the way they want to race.

As for weather, that was requested by the community and appears to be popular. It certainly hasn't harmed attendance and if it ever does, it will be dropped.

And don't forget not everybody have a clutch pedal...
indeed ;-)

Also I prefer cockpit view, you've got two mirrors to look behind and generally most of the shift lights are right next to your view of the race track so easier to see. Plus I enjoy it a bit more cos it feels a bit more like racing, I don't know many TCC drivers that drive cross legged on the bonnet! =D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 39.0%