Racing club races: fold the US east and west races together?

I noticed a lot of races in the racing clubs for GTR2 and Race (but I assume other sims as well) are held 4 times a day with 2 races for the US time zone.

Unfortunately, while the European races usually Have a nice crowd, the US races barely make up a field.

I was thinking that at the very least the two US races should be folded together and the time picked so it's most convenient for all TZ.

By the way, while I am at it, I had a question:

It says that to organize your races you only have to post on the forum. What about the track, mod and the actual management of the server?How does that work?

Are there RD volunteers that take care of that?

The users posting in the forums is only for the games with console type multiplayer with peer-to-peer rooms. think F1 2010 and Dirt 3.

With regards to the titles using dedicated server applications the race staff post events and arrange the servers on our dedi machines.

We are currently discussing in the staff the racing club format and the pro's and cons on the current system of 4 events per day (3 in rF I believe) and sharing the same event over all timezones. Expect to here announcements on where we head next in this regard in the not too distant future.

I see, thank you for the clarification.It makes sense:)

As far as the time zones, I think there should be a distinction between weekends and weekdays, to begin with. Most folks can race weekday nights but you Have to assume all day is fine on weekends.

I can't speak for EU and Oceania, but for the US an ideal time is around 9 or 9:30 pm EST which is not terribly late for East coasters and it's feasible for most west coasters.

Nartuirally, 4 events in a day would be great if they were all filled up. And I think it wouldn't be impossible to fill them all up if more people knew about it. A year ago I knew nothing about simracing online. I had to decide one day to look for it and then I found out how it worked. I am convinced there are a lot of people like me that would love to race but simply have not put in the research yet.

I think a certain extent of advertising outside of the usual gaming venues would do a lot of good in that department.

Anyway, I'll be curious to know how you guys are going to organize it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back