RaceSimCentral close their forums

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
RSC_logo.png
Bad news for simracing as RSC has decided, after a lot of bad luck, to close their forums. I think I speak for a lot of people here that our simracing careers started there.

After two years of hardware troubles they have decided to pull the plug.

• Richard Torp Jensen

Sad. Last time it went down the guys did a GREAT job to get it up and running again...but it was already dead then imo..

I came here from RSC and I think others will do the same..

RSC will be missed.. :(

very sad news, there were lots of great posts there that helped a lot of people, would love to see the old threads kept alive somewhere even though they are just locked down and for reference only.

Its a shame, it was one of the first proper internet forums for racing sims that I joined after hanging around the newsgroups for years. They seemed to have a lot of trouble finding funding and a reliable host as the site was offline quite often. I think RaceDepartment is a good place for people to come and hang out at.

I don't think it's "for now". I think it's for good :(

I don't really go there much, but that forum had loads of help and was the place where most simracers started.

Sad news :(

Like Mark said above it`s where most of us started me included, but since they came back online (a year ago ? Icant remember) I had hardly been there, it is a shame but they were offline for such a long time that people moved on and found somewhere else.

Has RD considered providing support for some of the games RSC focused on? I'm talking specifically about GPL, which they had a lot of activity in, and GeneRally, the top-down game, which they were just about the only forum for... I participated especially in the latter, and it'd be sad to see that one go, especially because one of the developers had just come back from a years-long break...

• MoAK

Sad indeed, but since it shut down I found this place and like it a lot.

I loved RSC's hardware forum, most of the ideas for my rig was taken from various posts there. I hope this new home for Sim Racing can take the hardware torch that RSC held for so long.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.1%