RaceRoom's virtual racing competition at Nürburgring

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
RaceRoom.jpg

The SimRacingExpo 2014 has announced another exhibitor who will be presenting its extensive repertoire to motorsport fans at the event: RaceRoom.

Taking place on 20 and 21 September at the Nürburgring the expo combines virtual motorsports with real racing action with many of the leading sim racing brands present on site as already reported a couple of days ago.

As part of the event, RaceRoom is organising a virtual racing competition featuring GT3 cars on the Nürburgring – just like the real Blancpain Endurance Series races being held at the same time. The competition will be played out using RaceRoom Racing Experience software in twenty-four simulators placed in the ring boulevard.

“We are delighted to be able to use the RaceRoom Racing Experience to show visitors how close virtual racing can now get to a real racing experience,” says Marc Hennerici, head of the Sport & Events department of ADAC Mittelrhein e.V. “RaceRoom is the embodiment of combined reality and virtuality, and this is exactly what makes the SimRacingExpo 2014 so special.”

Three different groups will be admitted to the race: Group one consists of players who have qualified in advance on the RaceRoom site. From 7 August to 7 September 2014, 36 drivers will be selected over the site and invited to participate in the final at the Nürburgring.

The second group consists of drivers from the German sim racing community. These participants will be selected from within various individual communities in a variety of ways. This group will also include the esports team from EURONICS Deutschland eG – official partner of the qualifying games and the competition itself.

Further places will be assigned in a qualification procedure at the SimRacingExpo 2014 itself. All in all, 96 participants will be competing against each another in a time attack. The players who reach the quarter finals will play in multiplayer mode, and the semi-final and final races will be streamed live with commentary from professional motorsports commentators. In the grand evening finale, the two finalists will go head-to-head with real professional racers.

Thanks a lot @Bramalo! Will check out that! :)
I think there is no train station or bus stop anywhere near the Ring. Without a car you will find it VERY difficult to get there. You can come close, but then still 20 or 30 kilometers by feet if all goes wrong...

EDIT
No, it should be 10 kms, have a look for connections to a village called Adenau.

I was about to say "the Ring goes through Adenau" but forgot we're talking GP track. I've only ever visited by hire car myself (cheap flights to Koln or Frankfurt-Hahn), but there are bus-stops outside the main building at the GP circuit, where I presume the expo will take place, although I'm not sure of where they go from or to. There are a few sites that may be able to help you out, such as Ten-Tenths or Bridge-to-Gantry.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%