Raceroom vr problem

Hey.
Sorry if it Asked before but i dident find any thing.

Was trying to Get raceroom to work i vr. Got it working in the menu but when i start a race i Get a green window with only a half a trackmap in the corner. Any one know what i do wrong?

And when im done playing games in vr and try a NON vr game i Get that i dont have any grafic card and need to disconect my oculus and reboot any one know what that is?
Got a gtx 1080 btw.

Thank you for reading hope any one can help me.

Best regards Stian

could it be a screen res ? set screen res to 1920 =1080 when in non vr then try in vr ..only thing i can think of.. as to why you only see part of the game as res is not big enough to show everything..????????????????????? also set screen to 16.9??????????..worth a try . i had a similar prob every thing was very small and that fixed it ..and are you using steam vr if only oculus it will not work

Last edited:
I tryed it out yesterday again.

Concluion im stupid :(

I havent set up steam vr room. After i did that it worked great :thumbsup:
But the shadows in the game was distraxtibg. Like i hade alitle dobble vision.

I tryed it out yesterday again.

Concluion im stupid :(

I havent set up steam vr room. After i did that it worked great :thumbsup:
But the shadows in the game was distraxtibg. Like i hade alitle dobble vision.
We have all done stupid things re sims ..try vid settings to lower the shadows that may help ..i set my overall settings in vid settings to medium settings and do not have that prob ..what vr setting are you useing mine is vr 2.0 . good to hear you have it working now.. just some fine settings now to get what you want ;)

I have a 1080 and i use the "-vr 1.5" command in the launch tasks from steam, make sure you also enable "asynchronous time resolution" from the steamVR option as well. That helps tremendously.

In game i'm running low/medium settings and even with full grids I don't have any issues. What you'll find is that you can't run beyond 45fps at the moment and your 1080 won't go past ~55% until they finish implementing VR. That being said, I think the quality is pretty good at the moment for a first effort. Let me know if you want my exact settings and i'll post em up.

Just got a Rift, can't figure out how to get this game working in VR. I tried launching through SteamVR but no luck. Any ideas?

I dont use VR, so I cant be of much help, but I'll try...

Did you set any Steam launch commands before trying to play RR?

You need to use the launch command "-vr" without quotes to get VR working. This thread gives a quick and dirty rundown.

Just got a Rift, can't figure out how to get this game working in VR. I tried launching through SteamVR but no luck. Any ideas?
You have to go to r3e in library >properties and set launch option "-vr 1.0" or per recommendation "-vr 1.5" or whatever number you want up to 2.0. this is the resolution scale and I suggest using at least 1.3 it reduces blurriness and makes a huge difference. Also make sure to use MSAA 2x or 4x. I'm not sure about this but you may have to opt in for a beta in r3e's properties I can't remember. Also not sitting by my computer so can't check. Good luck r3e is wonderful in VR.

Edit. Didn't see that there was a response already, a better response too. Not sure how to delete this post

You have to go to r3e in library >properties and set launch option "-vr 1.0" or per recommendation "-vr 1.5" or whatever number you want up to 2.0. this is the resolution scale and I suggest using at least 1.3 it reduces blurriness and makes a huge difference. Also make sure to use MSAA 2x or 4x. I'm not sure about this but you may have to opt in for a beta in r3e's properties I can't remember. Also not sitting by my computer so can't check. Good luck r3e is wonderful in VR.

Edit. Didn't see that there was a response already, a better response too. Not sure how to delete this post

Yep, I got it running but haven't had much time to spend with it yet. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back