Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Updated - Porsche Tomorrow 1.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a new build update in anticipation of the big Porsche DLC release now confirmed for Thursday 21st December.

Three new cars are on their way to RaceRoom Racing Experience tomorrow, and not only do they add two new classes of racing, but they represent the very first time the Porsche brand has appeared in the history of the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

In preparation for the recently announced December 21st Porsche DLC release, Sector3 Studios have deployed a brand new build update to the simulation that mainly focusses on further AI improvements and some minor game improvements, however no doubt the biggest point of interest will be the three new Porsche cars that are awaiting unlocking in just a few hours time, with the awesome but difficult Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 911 GT3 Cup and 911 GT3 R all due to be made available to purchase in the public build at some stage tomorrow.

Earlier this evening we took these three new cars out for a test drive with Sector3 physics developer Alex Hodgkinson, and you will be able to watch all the action unfold again on our YouTube page in a short while (link will appear below when ready).

December 20th RaceRoom Racing Experience Build Notes:

Game:

• Added a default profile for Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
  • Added a new selector for the strength of the collision effects in the FFB options menu
  • VR - Added an optional start-up argument to make the monitor presentation of the VR session be toggled on from the start, without needing to use the keybind. Mostly used for events or regular streamers. Add "monitor" to your VR start-up argument, for example "-vr 1.5 monitor" to toggle on the monitor presentation.
  • VR and Triple Screen - Fixed an issue with skydome being offset vertically as well as appearing broken in rearview mirrors on large track scenes like the Nuerburgring.
  • Triple Screen - Tweaked clip plane value for camera to avoid seeing cut objects, at the cost of some flickering in the distance.
  • AI - further improvements to make AI more careful around pit-entry, decreasing risk of AI overtaking a pitting car on wrong side of path
  • AI - further improvements of AI side-by-side logic
  • AI - Improved their decision making in changing tyres or not when having to refuel in a non mandatory pitstop race
  • Potential fix for a 64-bit crash when entering a race with triple screen enabled, after applying changes to graphics options.
  • Fixed a crash reported when using an OSW / DD wheel with MMOS FFB 2014 in 64-bit
  • Fixed a wrong Bosch label on the Callaway C7R virtual display.
  • Fixed an issue where the front headlights would turn off if the taillights were broken by an impact.
  • Code reworked to attempt and get rid of an issue where some controllers are sending throttle and brake inputs constantly until the user moves the wheel or a pedal.
  • Fixed a case in Spa Combined when game would think player has left the pitlane if player was leaning against the exterior wall at La Source.
  • Changed replay comment field in media hub to be multi-line. Increased max length when renaming replays to 128 and comment to 256.
Sound, Physics & AI:
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Made 5th gear a bit longer
  • BMW B6 Alpina - Bop adjustments and fuel use adjustments. Leaderboards entries with this car are wiped.
  • RUF RT12 GTR3 - Fuel use adjustments
  • Knutstorp - AI tweaks to stop them from messing up in last turns. Also made them behave better in first lap or a race.
  • Lakeview Hillclimb - Helicams (drone style) added
  • Nordschleife 24H + VLN - Fixed Action cameras switching to empty GP area in the first meters of the Nordschleife.
  • RaceRoom Raceway - Adjusted Cut Rules and AI speed tweaks for all layouts (leaderboards are wiped)
Art:
  • Brands Hatch - Fixed a hole in the ground in turn 2.
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Various matte finish tweaks
  • McLaren 650s GT3 - Various matte finish tweaks

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

RaceRoom Updated - Porsche Tomorrow 2.jpg

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
Yes, but maybe if they called it a demo they would not have to suffer the grief they get from people complaining about having a free to play game that needs additional purchases.
Just from their perspective maybe thinking out loud it might be better for them.
RRE is an incredible game that seems to slip under the radar.
I've spent about £90 on it and I love it.
Every other sim i have got in steam sales for utter bargains, but RRE had no problem spending cash on all of the content.
It's pretty clear when you first enter the website that that the company exists from producing content. So people who complain about that are pretty ignorant. If you see the detail nowadays that goes in to a title compared to a decade ago. I think one car has as much polygons and textures to do a whole field of cars 10 years ago.
Nice thing from Raceroom is than you can basically create your own race game and don't have to pay for things you would never drive. They have a lot of discounts going on and all content you already have gets deducted of the things you want to buy.

And don't just buy everything you see...
If you know you won't drive certain cars then single purchases with a couple of liveries is cheaper than a whole pack with all liveries. (sounds obvious but nothing about purchasing in this title is obvious... lol)

And don't just buy everything you see...
If you know you won't drive certain cars then single purchases with a couple of liveries is cheaper than a whole pack with all liveries. (sounds obvious but nothing about purchasing in this title is obvious... lol)
Good advice, and don't forget your vPR as it saves a bunch too. Bought 5,000 vPR for $34.99 and when you compare cash price for one car at $4.73 to equivalent of $2.79 with vPR makes it well worth having vPR in the bank. :)

Last edited:
I just tried the Cayman demo. Unlike in the 911s I tried, the lift off oversteer is very obvious and even with ABS you can't trail brake just like in the talk and drive. It's hard to believe anyone would drive this car around the Ring for 24 hours - they have my respect!!

Yes the GT4 Cayman has the dampers locked at 1 and extra hard tires, so it may not be for everyone. It lacks the precision of the NSU TTS. :confused: The GT3R version is great though and will surely become an Race Department favorite. It's not exactly the Ruf, but it you liked the Ruf, you will like the new GT3R.

I had one of the older ADAC car packs and buying a GTR3 skin gave me that car in GT3 trim for use in that series. Same with the WTCC cars. Bought Volvo skin for 2017 after having a 2015/6 car I think. Can't remember. But there are ways of saving some pennies. But the vRP is such a good option to purchase them first and then go crazy in the shop with skins and discounted items.
To be honest., there is such a global level of polish on the whole content offering that I really don't care how much I've spent. As long as they'll let me keep it all for offline use when they turn the servers off... hopefully that never happens and this title just keeps evolving and getting better over the years.

It seems that Raceroom set my FFB-settings to default with this GT3-Update and what a crap. But i just remembered that i made screenshots when i felt great. What should i say, it's a huge difference with my Accuforce and S3S should really rethink what they are delivering on default. I'm too lazy to make new screenshots (doesn't work in VR), but i just lowered the shift-effect here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0egy78zdkj3s8z2/Raceroom-FFB1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/67098ip0wsmcmo1/Raceroom-FFB2.jpg?dl=0
Certainly all a matter of taste as well.

I just tried the Cayman demo. Unlike in the 911s I tried, the lift off oversteer is very obvious and even with ABS you can't trail brake just like in the talk and drive. It's hard to believe anyone would drive this car around the Ring for 24 hours - they have my respect!!

I think with cars like the cayman being GT4 they will always be harder to drive than a GT3 car, despite what some folks might think, same as an F1 car will be easier to drive than almost any race car as it can stop and grip like nothing else pretty much.
The cayman can be looked at like Skip barbers, almost engineered to be a bit more difficult to drive so that if the teams see a field of 20 guys all in caymans and the top 3 guys they know that if they stick them in a GT3 car they will have no issue at all.
It's clever really and I do have a bit of inside info on this due to my family race team.
I would assume this is the case with the Cayman also.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%