Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Updated - Porsche Tomorrow 1.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a new build update in anticipation of the big Porsche DLC release now confirmed for Thursday 21st December.

Three new cars are on their way to RaceRoom Racing Experience tomorrow, and not only do they add two new classes of racing, but they represent the very first time the Porsche brand has appeared in the history of the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

In preparation for the recently announced December 21st Porsche DLC release, Sector3 Studios have deployed a brand new build update to the simulation that mainly focusses on further AI improvements and some minor game improvements, however no doubt the biggest point of interest will be the three new Porsche cars that are awaiting unlocking in just a few hours time, with the awesome but difficult Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 911 GT3 Cup and 911 GT3 R all due to be made available to purchase in the public build at some stage tomorrow.

Earlier this evening we took these three new cars out for a test drive with Sector3 physics developer Alex Hodgkinson, and you will be able to watch all the action unfold again on our YouTube page in a short while (link will appear below when ready).

December 20th RaceRoom Racing Experience Build Notes:

Game:

• Added a default profile for Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
  • Added a new selector for the strength of the collision effects in the FFB options menu
  • VR - Added an optional start-up argument to make the monitor presentation of the VR session be toggled on from the start, without needing to use the keybind. Mostly used for events or regular streamers. Add "monitor" to your VR start-up argument, for example "-vr 1.5 monitor" to toggle on the monitor presentation.
  • VR and Triple Screen - Fixed an issue with skydome being offset vertically as well as appearing broken in rearview mirrors on large track scenes like the Nuerburgring.
  • Triple Screen - Tweaked clip plane value for camera to avoid seeing cut objects, at the cost of some flickering in the distance.
  • AI - further improvements to make AI more careful around pit-entry, decreasing risk of AI overtaking a pitting car on wrong side of path
  • AI - further improvements of AI side-by-side logic
  • AI - Improved their decision making in changing tyres or not when having to refuel in a non mandatory pitstop race
  • Potential fix for a 64-bit crash when entering a race with triple screen enabled, after applying changes to graphics options.
  • Fixed a crash reported when using an OSW / DD wheel with MMOS FFB 2014 in 64-bit
  • Fixed a wrong Bosch label on the Callaway C7R virtual display.
  • Fixed an issue where the front headlights would turn off if the taillights were broken by an impact.
  • Code reworked to attempt and get rid of an issue where some controllers are sending throttle and brake inputs constantly until the user moves the wheel or a pedal.
  • Fixed a case in Spa Combined when game would think player has left the pitlane if player was leaning against the exterior wall at La Source.
  • Changed replay comment field in media hub to be multi-line. Increased max length when renaming replays to 128 and comment to 256.
Sound, Physics & AI:
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Made 5th gear a bit longer
  • BMW B6 Alpina - Bop adjustments and fuel use adjustments. Leaderboards entries with this car are wiped.
  • RUF RT12 GTR3 - Fuel use adjustments
  • Knutstorp - AI tweaks to stop them from messing up in last turns. Also made them behave better in first lap or a race.
  • Lakeview Hillclimb - Helicams (drone style) added
  • Nordschleife 24H + VLN - Fixed Action cameras switching to empty GP area in the first meters of the Nordschleife.
  • RaceRoom Raceway - Adjusted Cut Rules and AI speed tweaks for all layouts (leaderboards are wiped)
Art:
  • Brands Hatch - Fixed a hole in the ground in turn 2.
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Various matte finish tweaks
  • McLaren 650s GT3 - Various matte finish tweaks

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

RaceRoom Updated - Porsche Tomorrow 2.jpg

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
Thank goodness we all have different personalities. I don't understand why some egotistical people like to have a go at people who make different decisions to them for their own reasons. But just for your satisfaction I have only purchased everything on sale up till about two months ago and I was forced to do it by a terrorist holding a gun to my head. Is that OK for you?:rolleyes:
Not sure where you see me "having a go at people", neither did I say anything close to you not being allowed to view things differently or have different opinions, like you seem to be implying I did (and calling me "egotistical" in the process). Even just suggesting I did something like that seems so completely ridiculous to me. I clearly stated (multiple times, in fact) I just don't understand the need for such claims, and explained why. It's OK to disagree, it really is. But if you feel the need to be offended, then by all means, be my guest.

I have only purchased everything on sale up till about two months ago and I was forced to do it by a terrorist holding a gun to my head.
Okay but I've released you since I got the ransom money:roflmao:.
On a more serious note, the discussion regarding the business practice comes up in every release thread, I would just mention that S3 themselves don't decide that, their masters do it's a throwback to how the game was originally designed.
Now let's get back to talking about those Porsches:)

Any advice so far what is the best way to go about getting all Porsche content?

I see that these are so far exclusively offered as single purchase items (each car separately + each car's livery pack separately).

I can sit this out as I am busy with Assetto Corsa and their flawless Porsche cars but may spring for the 911 GT3 R with 2 or 3 liveries only as I simply LOOOOOVE this car and really like the GT3 development with Raceroom.

Before doing anything I would suggest you have a look here.
Remember you can test drive them before buying that should help as well:)

Well, that didn't take long ;-)

The one car of the three, I REALLY, REALLY wanted for a long time is the GT3 R and I just skipped tomorrow morning's Latte and will brew my own and will be happily driving that GT3 R with the factory skin.
I also splurged and topped off a few items I was missing and in total didn't spend more than a piece of cake on top and bought Imola and Sepang as they are discounted as well, just to compare Imola against the Assetto Corsa and PC2 versions.

That total I paid happily I must add.
I was a bit surprised that the GT3 Cup only comes with fantasy liveries, so I didn't buy it although I looooove the car. The Assetto Corsa version will keep me busy plenty though and although I would love to get the Cayman just to compare it to the AC and PC2 versions (I loooooooove the Assetto Corsa Cayman GT4 CS), I didn't see the point in buying it for a one off series. I am sure to pick up these two when they come in a discounted pack some time and am very much looking forward to the remaining 6 Porsche cars to be announced.

I absolutely love what S3 is doing with R3E - always liked it but stopped using it completely after a while as of the triple monitor setup. Since they fixed that and introduced FIRST CLASS triple screen implementation R3E is back on my weekly menu (if Assetto Corsa wouldn't be THAT good, I'd do R3E more often).

Now bring on MoTeC telemetry data support and keep those current racing car DLCs coming and I am completely hooked ;-) I can't wait for what Sector 3 has on our plate for 2018!

Merry XMas Sector 3, you guys ROCK !!!

Remember you can test drive them before buying that should help as well:)

I just test drove the two 911s and was rather underwhelmed. Not saying they were bad - they certainly weren't - but they didn't come across as anything special. The characteristics talked about in the talk and drive weren't very obvious. I wonder if its the test track - its not exactly Spa is it?

I spent more money for Raceroom-content than any other game, so the system works:D

But actually not anymore, because i don't know what to do with it. The long promised ranking system (maybe some old guys remember:coffee:) is still not here yet. There is nothing you can call a singleplayer besides the leaderboard-challenges. It just smells too pungent that they keep features for the upcoming GTR 3 and you can buy all this new cars a second time sooner or later, but probably 2018. It's not that i don't accept that business model, but no urge to get cars i'm not a fan of in the first place.

399 VRP each car, which translates to 3.98 Euro each.
32 liveries for the GT3 Cup, 20 for 911 GT3 R, only one (hopefully an error) for Cayman (class is Porsche GT4 Clubsport Trophy btw)

Summed up to about ~2000 VRP

That's 399 VRP for each car with ONE skin! 799 for all the skins! Yikes!

I like R3E and this release is very good, but that's a lot of coin for one car. They're getting up to iRacing prices which are $10/car.

If you treat it like a hobby its acceptable, even iRacing is acceptable. If you like me only own sim racing titles and don't play anything else then i'll pay for anything..
All i do make sure though is where possible get stuff in sales, they are so frequent on steam there are massive bargains to be had.
Compared to my previous hobbies one of which was track days and also karting...this is cheap as chips.
But i do understand different perspectives from people over this.

• Deleted member 387850

That's 399 VRP for each car with ONE skin! 799 for all the skins! Yikes!

...but only 29 VRP for each additional skin. Personally there are only ever one or two liveries per car that I race with, so I'm just intending to buy each Porsche at 399 with the factory colours and if I have some left over VRP burning a hole in my virtual wallet I'll grab an extra couple of skins.

gt4 clubsport event when? :D

Yes please! I love the GT4 class in AC so very much looking forward to trying out the Cayman in R3E and hopefully we'll get a club race soon!

I was a bit surprised that the GT3 Cup only comes with fantasy liveries, so I didn't buy it although I looooove the car. The Assetto Corsa version will keep me busy plenty though and although I would love to get the Cayman just to compare it to the AC and PC2 versions (I loooooooove the Assetto Corsa Cayman GT4 CS),

To tell you the difference between the GT3 Cup of AC, PC2 and R3E: R3E is way more hardcore to drive and I think R3E’s version is more truthful than both. No ABS, no TC, very limited setup options. I think the difference between the GT3 R is smaller, certainly between AC and R3E, but I like R3E’s version somewhat more. I can connect somewhat better. And the Cayman... in AC I find it nice... But i R3E it put a big smile one my face. You can compare it with the BMW M235i in R3E but then on steroids. So I would say, all three are very much worth it. The fantasy liveries of the GT3 Cup is indeed a little dissapointment, on the other hand, they are very well crafted!

But if you dislike the fantasy liveries too much, buy the factory livery 911 GT3 Cup. You really won’t regret it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back