RaceRoom Updated and BMW M235i Racing Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom BMW M325i Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to RaceRoom Racing Experience, deploying the new BMW 235i to the store and adding several important fixes to the game.

The simulation has gone into maintenance mode today and will be down for several hours as the game updates, so to keep you all entertained while you wait, check out our BMW M235i Racing preview and images from our earlier article HERE, and the full change log from today's update below:

New content:
  • BMW M235i Racing
Game:
  • Lowered default minimum force setting for Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Fixed Slow Down penalty calculations on turbocharged cars
  • DRS no longer deactivates from lateral G’s
  • Changed so game stops reporting error 13 when leaving a game session after only losing a couple heartbeats during the session
  • Change so the pitlane speed information overlay always shows when inside the pitlane.
  • Fixed a case where cars would appear to be hovering above tarmac on pre-race screens.
  • Fixed some data displays showing a ticker counting up to 0 at race starts.
  • Fixed an invalid lap overlay that was sometimes showing without any text.
  • Added a button to view the leaderboards upon finishing a hillclimb run so we could get rid of the non elegant solution of showing the position bar to inform the player of his position.
  • Changed the logic for the “Restart” button in leaderboards & competitions so it no longer purges your best lap and can still show the live time diff to your ghost on the data display.
  • Fixed a message wrongly stating the next lap would be invalidated in Hillclimb runs.
  • Fixed an issue where the HUD elements would sometimes be moved when coming back from an instant replay.
  • Fixed a crash occuring sometimes when cycling through cameras in the pitlane.
  • Game now aborts start-up if no display adapter resolution was found.
Multiplayer:
  • Added a dedicated server setting to set a latency limit (in milliseconds). Any player caught consistently above that limit will be automatically booted.
  • Added a dedicated server setting to force the race to end after a set time (in seconds). When set to OFF, the server will always wait for a race winner.
  • Fixed an issue where the dedicated server would sometimes not wait for late joiners to complete their loading sequence and proceed to next session anyway.
  • Fixed a case where disconnected players would sometimes remain visible on the HUD track map.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
  • All cars: new external gearshifts added.
  • All cars: Adjusted suspension sounds.
  • All cars: Road Noise is now pure of any chassis sounds. Increased trigger sensitivity of bump samples.
  • Audi TT cup : Increased AI respect for other cars space
  • Mercedes 190 DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Opel Omega DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Hockenheim : fixed a harsh cut detection on the right hander entering the stadium area.
  • Nordschleife : Tweaked AI speed in Carousel.
  • Spa-Francorchamps : added some fly by cameras
Portal & Backend:
  • Added Team information on player profile and leaderboards.
  • Free content is now visible again in store.
Art:
  • Lada Vesta 2017: Fixed an interior window texture
  • Nürburgring : modified the font of the Porsche tagline on the GP pitwall.
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Resurfaced to reflect current asphalt, small fixes and tweaks.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom BMW M325i Update 3.jpg
RaceRoom BMW M325i Update 2.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Tried the new update yet? Like the BMW? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I wish race room would dedicate some real time to getting a better ffb feel and better physics.
Their sounds are fantastic and graphics are good but ffs do something about the feel on the road!!
oh and triple support would be a neat touch in 2017.

I don't get that either... Out of the box it's the best experience, IMHO. I think the 2017 WTCC could be took down a notch, but the overall feel is very good if not perfect for me with my poor's man G29... Of course the DD gods must have a different opinion... been superior and stuff.
Actually yesterday I tried a 2017 Citroen and the FFB seemed better than ever. I think I only tried the Civic and Volvo so far, so the Citroen could be different.

Didn't know my G25 could feel this good.

I really like the M235i in R3E. I haven't played that game that much compared to AC and every time I play it, I ask myself why this is the case. It would have deserved more in game time.

Comparing the two cars in the two games I found the sweet spot in R3E is much bigger. In AC you have to stick to a driving style which allows little wheel slip and specific corner entry. R3E is much more forgiving and you can really push the cars and squeeze them out. Yes you also get under- or oversteer depending on the situation but I find it way better and more realistic to handle. The sound is superb in R3E and best experience I had in all games. The FFB is also very good and I get good control of the car.

At moment I only have time for offline driving and I can't set the AC AI fast enough for M235i to be competitive. They are still too shy and wouldn't dare to overtake. It is so annoying that they break in the middle of the corner. In R3E they could be so fast, that run circles around me. I still suffer from the dynamic AI strength I watched videos and tried to set it up, but didn't work for me. So I set it to 107% was sadly last in Zandvoort (my favourite track) and get back to 102% which got me 27th out of 30th in Qualifying. Next round was Brands Hatch Indy where I got Pole with 1s gap and still 102% AI. I wonder where this comes from.

Don't understand why you guys are surprised someone doesn't like R3E FFB. It is the sim with most clunky FFB on my G27 with too much unnecessary road surface shaking even when road effect is turned to 0. Different people look for different feelings in FFB you know.

Different people look for different feelings in FFB you know.
Yes they do, which is why people wonder why a person would demand that the devs change R3E's FFB. In general there are far more people that like it than don't, so why would they change it? I think R3E feels better than any other sim I currently play, so I'd be rather annoyed if they decided to mess it up. Unfortunately you can't tailor a game for every individual's tastes.

For reference, I'm on a G27 too.

Better FFB feel? Really? :O_o:
Yes really. I should have stated that I drive with a Fanatec 2.5 so for me FFB is crap compared to AMS and RF2. If you drive with a g27 which btw I started with then that's great that you like the ffb but if you have not driven on a better wheel then you are not qualified to say which has better ffb because trust me the G27 in my opinion is a piece of shite once you have used better wheels.

Seriously my mind boggles when someone with a starter wheel tells me which games has better ffb. You wouldn't have a clue!.
I realise and respect not everyone can afford a higher end wheel but once you have great FFB theres no going back. I guess I am lucky in that respect.

Yes really. I should have stated that I drive with a Fanatec 2.5 so for me FFB is crap compared to AMS and RF2. If you drive with a g27 which btw I started with then that's great that you like the ffb but if you have not driven on a better wheel then you are not qualified to say which has better ffb because trust me the G27 in my opinion is a piece of shite once you have used better wheels.

Seriously my mind boggles when someone with a starter wheel tells me which games has better ffb. You wouldn't have a clue!.
I realise and respect not everyone can afford a higher end wheel but once you have great FFB theres no going back. I guess I am lucky in that respect.
Wow, so your opinion is the only one that counts because your wheel costs more than ours? What an absolutely abysmal attitude you have there, buddy. :thumbsdown: There's clearly not much point in saying anything more.

It's also important to note that perhaps the Sector3 people spend more time dialing in the "cheaper" wheels because that's what more people have. To assume that the more expensive wheels get more attention and actually feel better is really just that. An assumption.

The sh!t generally gets the most attention because it smells so bad. :poop::p:D

Seriously though, there are some strange issues when using an OSW with R3E that don't occur in other titles. I get some strong spikes on raised curbs that pull in the wrong direction sometimes. The AccuForce Profile does work quite nicely with the AF-system though.

The cars I've tried recently with the updated physics do seem to have improved FFB overall and I think things are moving in a good direction.

Don't understand why you guys are surprised someone doesn't like R3E FFB. It is the sim with most clunky FFB on my G27 with too much unnecessary road surface shaking even when road effect is turned to 0. Different people look for different feelings in FFB you know.
I am surprised because of claims like "too much unnecessary road surface shaking" or "needs better FFB feel" simply because they're so removed from anything I've ever experienced with the game, which, in my experience, has one of the best FFB out of the box, and on top of that allows for great amount of customization to suit everyone's needs (or so I thought). Yes, it is a subjective thing, but I am still surprised when someone finds it so completely different.

BTW, I would certainly be interested in your wheel and in-game FFB settings.

I get some strong spikes on raised curbs that pull in the wrong direction sometimes. The AccuForce Profile does work quite nicely with the AF-system though.
GamerMuscle recently posted a video about using a DD wheel in R3E (as he's all about DD wheels currently) and I believe he mentioned the issue with a possible workaround, if you haven't seen it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%