RaceRoom Updated and BMW M235i Racing Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom BMW M325i Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to RaceRoom Racing Experience, deploying the new BMW 235i to the store and adding several important fixes to the game.

The simulation has gone into maintenance mode today and will be down for several hours as the game updates, so to keep you all entertained while you wait, check out our BMW M235i Racing preview and images from our earlier article HERE, and the full change log from today's update below:

New content:
  • BMW M235i Racing
Game:
  • Lowered default minimum force setting for Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Fixed Slow Down penalty calculations on turbocharged cars
  • DRS no longer deactivates from lateral G’s
  • Changed so game stops reporting error 13 when leaving a game session after only losing a couple heartbeats during the session
  • Change so the pitlane speed information overlay always shows when inside the pitlane.
  • Fixed a case where cars would appear to be hovering above tarmac on pre-race screens.
  • Fixed some data displays showing a ticker counting up to 0 at race starts.
  • Fixed an invalid lap overlay that was sometimes showing without any text.
  • Added a button to view the leaderboards upon finishing a hillclimb run so we could get rid of the non elegant solution of showing the position bar to inform the player of his position.
  • Changed the logic for the “Restart” button in leaderboards & competitions so it no longer purges your best lap and can still show the live time diff to your ghost on the data display.
  • Fixed a message wrongly stating the next lap would be invalidated in Hillclimb runs.
  • Fixed an issue where the HUD elements would sometimes be moved when coming back from an instant replay.
  • Fixed a crash occuring sometimes when cycling through cameras in the pitlane.
  • Game now aborts start-up if no display adapter resolution was found.
Multiplayer:
  • Added a dedicated server setting to set a latency limit (in milliseconds). Any player caught consistently above that limit will be automatically booted.
  • Added a dedicated server setting to force the race to end after a set time (in seconds). When set to OFF, the server will always wait for a race winner.
  • Fixed an issue where the dedicated server would sometimes not wait for late joiners to complete their loading sequence and proceed to next session anyway.
  • Fixed a case where disconnected players would sometimes remain visible on the HUD track map.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
  • All cars: new external gearshifts added.
  • All cars: Adjusted suspension sounds.
  • All cars: Road Noise is now pure of any chassis sounds. Increased trigger sensitivity of bump samples.
  • Audi TT cup : Increased AI respect for other cars space
  • Mercedes 190 DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Opel Omega DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Hockenheim : fixed a harsh cut detection on the right hander entering the stadium area.
  • Nordschleife : Tweaked AI speed in Carousel.
  • Spa-Francorchamps : added some fly by cameras
Portal & Backend:
  • Added Team information on player profile and leaderboards.
  • Free content is now visible again in store.
Art:
  • Lada Vesta 2017: Fixed an interior window texture
  • Nürburgring : modified the font of the Porsche tagline on the GP pitwall.
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Resurfaced to reflect current asphalt, small fixes and tweaks.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom BMW M325i Update 3.jpg
RaceRoom BMW M325i Update 2.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Tried the new update yet? Like the BMW? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
haven't played this game since it first got released. is it worth playing now? back then i didn't like it
I can say yes... few months ago I wouldn't care to read about Raceroom, it is far better now and my go to daily sim. It is a bit expensive if you like to have all the content, but if you know what you want, it is really fun.

Bought the beemer, test it.
I like the feeling, it drives great. Nice job, way better for my taste from the AC version.
But surprisingly the only thing i dont like is the sound, it sounds, how to say it... not real.
Maybe its just me, and i will get used to it. :rolleyes:

But over all a great addition to our garages :thumbsup:

I agree that the cockpit sound isn't the most appealing, but the car actually sounds that way irl.
We got a superb clean recording of the DUWO 235i in Paul Ricard and the ingame sound is pretty much straight forward from the recorder, I didn't even need to equalize the samples.
As you said, we need to get used to it, but at least this BMW has some personality ;)

I agree that the cockpit sound isn't the most appealing, but the car actually sounds that way irl.
We got a superb clean recording of the DUWO 235i in Paul Ricard and the ingame sound is pretty much straight forward from the recorder, I didn't even need to equalize the samples.
As you said, we need to get used to it, but at least this BMW has some personality ;)

I like the sound...I think it needs a bit of "noise" to add some acoustic pressure... It's hard to explain.. The same with the Bentley and M6 GT3, the sounds are great but I feel they are not loud enough... Great job anyway..

You know that all us sound lovers, we are huge fans of you and your work.
I didnt mean to say that the sound is not good, maybe i was expecting something different.
Maybe we will get use to it. And we will love it too.

Thanks for your hard work. :thumbsup::inlove:

Well, the new BMW is a lovely addition to the sim. Good fun to drive, and I think it will be a great alternative for the TT in our friendly series. It even has TC for those that need it so RWD shouldn't cause a problem even for complete beginners.

As for the new sounds for the DTMs... :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: I didn't think they could be any better, but S3 managed it somehow! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

haven't played this game since it first got released. is it worth playing now? back then i didn't like it

I would highly recommend giving it another try.

I don't know the exact timeline for sure, but the first time I tried R3E several years ago, I was very 'meh' on it. Seemed like an interesting start to me, but certainly not something I would have spent money on.

Fast forward to today and R3E is in neck-and-neck competition with AMS as my go to sim (you can go check RD's R3E forum for a love letter I wrote to the sim for more details as to why I play R3E so much).

As an primarily offline guy, R3E is an absolute dream. Racing DTM @ Norisring, Formula US @ Mid Ohio, GT3s @ Spa...all in one Saturday afternoon? Yes, please!

Like any sim, I think some car/track combos are more engaging than others, but R3E has a lot of compelling combos. The free test drive feature is really nice, but I really don't care for the fictional Raceroom track...my personal advice would be, if you're serious enough about the sim to sink just a little money in it, buy one of your favorite tracks that you're familiar with and then a car that looks intriguing (lots of good options - at the moment, I've been doing a lot of laps in the X17, F-US, and the newer DTM cars).

Also, a good set of headphones is a real treat when lapping in R3R!

What you are doing with the sound should be done with the ffb/wheel.
You should put some captor on the wheel and try to get a response.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back