Raceroom Racing Experience Wheel / FFB Settings thread.

Instead of people having to wade through pages upon pages with posts to find Wheel and FFB settings that might work, or might even be out of date, I will do my best to keep this post up to date with links to settings that people find useful.

Please do help me by pointing out useful posts in a reply below or a PM to me.

Fanatec GT3 / CSR
No info yet...

Fanatec CSR Elite
No info yet...

Fanatec CSW v1/v2
Fanatec ClubSport V2 Settings - by @Sean Lander - June 2015

Logitech DFGT
No info yet...

Logitech Momo
No info yet...

Logitech G25/G27
Logitech G27 settings - by @Matej Lakota - June 2015

Simexperience Accuforce wheel
No info yet...

Thrustmaster TX/T300
Thrustmaster T300 settings - by @Jyri Kettunen - June 2015

Thrustmaster T500
Thrustmaster T500 settings - by @Giangiorm - June 2015

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but while running Spa, I noticed the car didn't feel right. I was running the Ruf GTR2 car and kept losing it in places where I had never lost it in other sims. Eau Rouge for example caused a tank slapper every lap. After scratching my head trying to figure out what I was feeling, I noticed that when I turned the wheel just off center, the wheel on the screen stayed straight until I put in more input. The more I turned the wheel though the more progressive the steering got. So what I was experiencing felt like a bit of delayed weight transfer when turning which threw the car off causing me to either lose it of fight to keep it. I had never experienced that, or noticed it before. I hadn't changed any settings to my wheel or sim so I don't know what caused me to notice it at Spa.
I started playing with the settings in RR to see if anything was different. I ended up changing the steering sensitivity setting from 50% down to 0 and that fixed the off center issues but made the steering very slow; 100% was of course way too twitchy. After some testing, 25% seems to be the happy median for me but i noticed that even thought I seem to have close to a 1:1 steering ratio now, the car seems numb on center. When I'm driving straight, the car will wonder but nothing comes through the wheel so it makes it hard to place the car exactly where I want it. According to the Sector 3 support page, this setting is only for controllers but it clearly has an effect on wheels as well. Everything else is set to default, as far as I know. The only thing that changed was a small build update that ran from Steam when I opened RR.

Have any of you guys changed your sensitivity settings? and If not, what are they set to? Default for my T300 seems to be 50%. Is there another setting that will sharpen the steering without making it over boosted? My wheel feels fine in all my other isms. I'll test with other cars and tracks this weekend.

Thanks.
I'm not sure what car you're talking about, is it a mod? Anyways, regardless of car, make sure you don't have any deadzone set in your steering and make sure steering is fully linear @ 50% sensitivity. You can check both of those in the controller 3 section of the controls section.

In the controls 2 section, make sure speed sensitivity is set to 0.

Make sure you have no aids on. I've had steering help set to low a few times without realising it. One time I think I even did a reinstall of Windows because I forgot about that setting. While on track, scroll through your HUD to the driving aids screen; that'll show you all your driving aids settings in real-time. You can adjust your enabled/disabled driving aids with your keyboard's "F" buttons (or whatever you may have changed the keyboard mappings to).

That should be it in-terms of getting the car's steering/tyres to steer 1:1. In terms of graphics, set the steering degrees in the controls 1 section to whatever your physical wheel is set to (e.g., 900 degrees). That's purely graphical only though and therefore makes no impact on physics.

Last edited:
^ There are no mod cars in R3E.

@CCL71 first off I believe the on-screen animated wheel is limited to 90 degrees of movement and will never replicate what your physical wheel is doing. It's for looks only, so if it doesn't match what your physical wheel is doing it will have no impact on how your car is behaving, so don't worry about it.

Also, you should keep your steering sensitivity at 50%, this is "neutral" and means when you turn your wheel 10 degrees you are giving 10 degrees of steering input to your car. If you have it at 25% (and this is just an estimation for the sake of illustration) it means when you turn your wheel 10 degrees you are only getting 5-6 degrees of steering input. This is generally not something you would want. Some people turn it down to 47-48% to take away some of the "pointiness" of the cars on turn in, but if you're using a wheel I wouldn't recommend going lower than that. I can't guess as to what was causing your weird car behavior, but I do not think changing your steering sensitivity is the recommend course of action.

Thanks Brandon for replying. Your explanation of the sensitivity makes sense to me, thanks for breaking it down. Interestingly enough, the guys at Inside Sim Racing mentioned a similar issue in last weeks YouTube video. They attributed the delay to thier TV setting. Apparently some TV's will delay imputs depending on what mode they are in, ie, game mode vs normal mode. I thought I was experiencing the same but going through my TV modes didn't change anything for me.
In terms of the wheel rotating on screen, if you turn off the visible hands, the wheel will rotate more than 90 degrees. It's a mental thing I know, but I've found that when I have the hands on, I only turn my physical wheel 90 degrees as well (case of looking at the hands instead of the road) :) In any event, now that I realize it, I turn the hands off in every sim if I can.
Thanks again man, it was bugging me out.

Thanks Brandon for replying. Your explanation of the sensitivity makes sense to me, thanks for breaking it down. Interestingly enough, the guys at Inside Sim Racing mentioned a similar issue in last weeks YouTube video. They attributed the delay to thier TV setting. Apparently some TV's will delay imputs depending on what mode they are in, ie, game mode vs normal mode. I thought I was experiencing the same but going through my TV modes didn't change anything for me.
In terms of the wheel rotating on screen, if you turn off the visible hands, the wheel will rotate more than 90 degrees. It's a mental thing I know, but I've found that when I have the hands on, I only turn my physical wheel 90 degrees as well (case of looking at the hands instead of the road) :) In any event, now that I realize it, I turn the hands off in every sim if I can.
Thanks again man, it was bugging me out.

Happy to help. I'm a big fan of turning off the hands and the wheel for that very reason, they tend to distract me. After many years of console racing it did take me a while to adapt to not having the hands and wheel on screen but once I got used to it I can't go back. :thumbsup:

My mistake, I thought this was the Stock Car Extreme forum. But ya, I believe R3E has most of the same settings since it's based of ISI engine coding. Therefore if you see Speed sensitivity, make sure it's off.

The delay is called input lag and is the delay between what you see and what is basically actually being processed in the game (not just a visual thing). Most TVs have a game mode and many can even have inputs manually renamed to something like "PC" for PC mode which sometimes has even less input lag than game mode. You want to reduce it as much as possible so you're driving inputs and reactions are as in-time as possible with what is physically happening in-game. Gaming monitors have, by far, the least amount of input lag. To minimize as much as possible your monitor's/television's input lag, enable game/PC mode (research this for your TV model # as sometimes PC mode is better if your TV has that ability). Make sure VSync is disabled everywhere (from your graphics card control panel, from R3E's settings, etc.) and if you have an Nvidia GPU then make sure to set max pre-rendered frames to 1 in the Nvidia control panel's R3E profile.

I'm not sure what car you're talking about, is it a mod? Anyways, regardless of car, make sure you don't have any deadzone set in your steering and make sure steering is fully linear @ 50% sensitivity. You can check both of those in the controller 3 section of the controls section.

In the controls 2 section, make sure speed sensitivity is set to 0.

@Spinelli I'll take a look at those other settings. I do typically turn off any aids in my sims as I find them too intrusive. Call me a control freak but if I spin out I want it to be becasue I suck and need to improve. I don't want aids to save me. In most sims, I don't like running my sterring in linear mode as it makes it feel artificial to me. I hate it when sims feel like I'm driving on glass. If one tire hits a bump or lifts, I want to feel a tug or something in my wheel. Linear mode, in my opinion takes that away. It makes the steering smooth but less communicative. But that's just me.

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys are great.

@Spinelli I'll take a look at those other settings. I do typically turn off any aids in my sims as I find them too intrusive. Call me a control freak but if I spin out I want it to be becasue I suck and need to improve. I don't want aids to save me. In most sims, I don't like running my sterring in linear mode as it makes it feel artificial to me. I hate it when sims feel like I'm driving on glass. If one tire hits a bump or lifts, I want to feel a tug or something in my wheel. Linear mode, in my opinion takes that away. It makes the steering smooth but less communicative. But that's just me.

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys are great.
Linear mode shouldnt mess that up, not at all. Either your FFB settIngs and/or control settings in those other games are wonky or those other games are wonky themselves. In real sims like rFactor 2, Stock Car Extreme, iRacing, etc,. linear steering does not have any of those negative effects at all.

Last edited:
I agree with Spinelli, if you want to feel the bumps and tugs on your wheel the steering linearity should have no effect on that. I would presume that having anything other than linear steering would screw it up more than having it linear (just a presumption though, I have no facts to support that). Other FFB settings could affect this, but I don't think the steering sensitivity would be one of them.

@Spinelli @Brandon Wright interesting that you guys agree on that because in every sim, linear mode makes my wheel feel numb. I first discoverd it in Iracing when I had my Fanatec CSR wheel. When I got my T300, I noticed the same thing, but to you guys point, my buddy has a G25 and he does run with linear. As far a my wheel settings, I will say that I have never changed the Thrustmaster profile. Any changes that I've made have always been incremental inside the sim itself. The CSR was a different story as I had to tweak the hell out of it to get good FFB.

I'm happy with the FFB in all of my sims except P CARS. No matter what I do there, it feels artificial. Last week I tried out some tweaker files from the P CARS forum that a guy posted. They helped but it still doesn't feel as good as A/C or rFactor2.

Would you guys say running linear mode is a preference thing or is there a tangible benefit to having it turned on?

@Spinelli @Brandon Wright interesting that you guys agree on that because in every sim, linear mode makes my wheel feel numb. I first discoverd it in Iracing when I had my Fanatec CSR wheel. When I got my T300, I noticed the same thing, but to you guys point, my buddy has a G25 and he does run with linear. As far a my wheel settings, I will say that I have never changed the Thrustmaster profile. Any changes that I've made have always been incremental inside the sim itself. The CSR was a different story as I had to tweak the hell out of it to get good FFB.

I'm happy with the FFB in all of my sims except P CARS. No matter what I do there, it feels artificial. Last week I tried out some tweaker files from the P CARS forum that a guy posted. They helped but it still doesn't feel as good as A/C or rFactor2.

Would you guys say running linear mode is a preference thing or is there a tangible benefit to having it turned on?
I'm confused now. I know in iRacing you can run linear or non-linear FFB. You can do so in rFactor 2 as-well if you adjust the STS (Steering Torque Sensitivity) setting in your controller.json file. So now I'm not sure if you're talking about FFB linearty or steering wheel control input linearty which are two completely different and seperate things.

The steering sensitivity setting in R3E, RF2, SCE, etc. is for your steering control input linearity, not for your FFB linearity which is what RF2's STS setting and IR's FFB linear mode settings are for.

I use a T300 too, I do not feel a numbness with linearity (other than the slight numbness that is inherent to R3E). Just the other day I tried turning the sensitivity down to 40% to see how that affected the feeling of the wheel, and to me that made it feel numb and less responsive. Curious as to what your profiler settings are. The general consensus is that your overall strength is preference, constant and periodic should both be 100%, spring and damper should both be 0%, and then let the game decide auto-center settings.

I would say that linearity is not a preference thing, it's tangible in that it makes your car's reactions correlate 1:1 with your steering input and that's what most sim racers and real racers want. When I turn the wheel 10%, I want to get 10% steering input. Of course it is a preference thing and just because linearity is the "correct" way to set it up doesn't mean you're obligated to set it that way. But I (and I'm sure almost everyone else on here) would recommend linear steering.

EDIT: Yeah, what Spinelli said. The setting you're adjusting in R3E is for your steering input and does not affect your FFB feeling. The steering sensitivity setting decides how much your front wheels are turning in relation to your steering wheel input. For example, if you have it at 1% you would probably need all 900 degrees of rotation to get around a hairpin, but if you had it 100% you would only need to turn your wheel a small amount to get around the same hairpin. (I may have that backwards, but the concept is correct. Going to one extreme means you have to turn the wheel a whole lot to make a small turn, going to the other extreme means you only have to turn the wheel a little bit to make a huge turn. None of this should effect your FFB or how your wheel feels in your hands.)

Last edited:
Right, sorry if I'm being confusing. My initial question was centered around the R3E sensitivity setting. Period. You guys answered that.

Linear mode was just conversational. In Iracing, I've always believed that linear mode takes away some granularity of the road, ie, small bumps, camber changes in the road. Based on other forums, there seems to be some confusion about what it does. From me experience, linear mode made the tracks feel smoother than they actually were. Take Monza or Lime Rock for instance, which are bumpy in Iracing. With linear mode on, they are less bumpy, with it off, I feel everything. Linear mode doesn't affect my steering ratio, only what forces I feel through the wheel.

Sorry for any confusion.

Gotcha. We just wanted to make it clear that what we were discussing in R3E in regards to steering linearity is in no way related to FFB linearity. The steering linearity in R3E shouldn't have any real impact on how your FFB feels, but it will impact how quickly/slowly your car responds to your steering inputs. When using a wheel, it's highly advised to have linearity here, meaning 50% steering sensitivity. If you run it at 25% you're going to get a feeling of lag like you described, because even you've turned your wheel to the 7 o'clock position your car is only steering to the 10 o'clock position (example, may not be 100% accurate, but you get the idea).

Also, keep in mind that I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but I do play one on the internet. ;)

CCL17, if I recall correctly, you said you don't like linear STEERING because it seems to numb FFB, but now you're saying that you do know the difference betweem steering linearty and FFB linearty but if you did then you should know that steering linearty has no effect on FFB which conflicts with your original comment about preferring non-linear steering setting.

Anyways, the bottom line is that the steering sensitivity setting in R3E, RF2, SCE, etc. is for your steering control input only and nothing to do with FFB. I therefore highly recommend to keep them fully linear (halfway which is 50% in SCE, 100% in RF2 and I can't remember for R3E).

Finally, for actual FFB linearty - since you like non-linear FFB (as do many people) - you have to see if that option is even available for R3E in the first place (whether in-game or in a text file). In iRacing, it's in-game, in rFactor 2, it's in a text file. But their FFB works in a completely different and technically much more realistic way than most other sims therefore, in R3E, it might not be as easy as just 1 single overall FFB linearty setting like it is in IR and RF2. instead, in R3E, you probably have to adjust individual FFB effects to make particular things stand out relatively more (non-linear). So you basically probably need to go in the FFB section and raise/lower different forces relative to eachother to get your own customized, non-linear FFB.

Last edited:
(...I can't remember for R3E).

50% in R3E.

I will also add, adjusting the FFB in R3E is almost a game in itself and I've spent many, many, many hours fiddling with different settings without ever finding something I'm 100% satisfied with. It's a bit of a frustrating mess, in sims like GSCE or AC you basically just set one thing and then go race but in R3E because there's so many settings you always think you can adjust some things and make it better.

Even after dozens and dozens of hours faffing about with the settings, I still don't really understand what most of them do so it's always a crap shoot. Lateral and vertical force is the two biggest things in my experience, and I prefer both of them to be pretty high. FFB intensity and Steering Force intensity are also two that have a big effect. Most of the other settings don't seem to have much impact on the T300, except maybe Understeer.

I recently learned about three settings you can change in the text file (lowering the FFB steer force grip weight to around 0.5, FFB steer force front grip exponent to around 0.5, and FFB steer force rear grip exponent to around 0.2) and this seems to have made a world of difference for me. You need Notepad++ to edit the .rcs file but it's very easy to do and really improved the feeling of my wheel so far (only been tinkering with it for a couple days).

CCL17, if I recall correctly, you said you don't like linear STEERING because it seems to numb FFB, but now you're saying that you do know the difference betweem steering linearty and FFB linearty but if you did then you should know that steering linearty has no effect on FFB which conflicts with your original comment about preferring non-linear steering setting.

@Spinelli, again man, my initial post was in reference to the "steering linearity setting in R3E. Not the FFB linear setting in Iracing or any other game. Any reference to FFB linearity was separate from my question about RaceRoom.

And you are correct about FFB linear settings in individual sims. Iracing does make it easy where my other sims require tweaking files which I tend to shy away from. Forntunately for me, I am happy with the FFB linear settings of all my sims (with the exception of P CARS). And even in P CARS, I've spent hours trying to adjust fy, fx, fx and mz and sop settings.

At the end of the day, if there is a bump in the road or a I put a tire off in the dirt, I want to feel it, ffb linearity. And I want my steering to be as close to 1:1 as possible, steering linearity. I'm with you man, and I appreciate the feedback.

@Brandon Wright , how your feel about R3E settings is exactly how I feel about P CARS. Its the only game/sim that I've spent hours trying to get a good feeling with. I've had the sim since it's release and just found out about the mz and sop settings a couple of weeks ago from a youtube vid. Where the fy...settings effect the front of the car, the mz and sop settings affect how the rear of the car feels so you can feel when the rear is getting loose. I had a rage quite moment last week where I used a BWM 1m as my test car. I took it around the Nurburgring and thought it was as good as I could get it. I didn't change any setting to the handling of the car, only fy,fx, sop, etc.. I saved it for all tracks then took it around Monza and it felt horrible, I was driving on glass again.....turns off pc and goes to bed. LOL.

For me, R3E, A/C and rFactor sit at the top for me as best overall. I haven't had to spend too much time trying to get the cars to feel good to me. I don't have GSCE yet but I plan on getting it. Iracing is ok in terms of driving feel but it's middle ground imo. P CARS is mostly eye candy for me. I might get flamed for saying this but P CARS is good simcade to me. It's no where close to the others in terms of feel.

Thx a bunch, that fixed a lot of the boat-like behaviour!
Always had the sensivity at 100%.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 423 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 284 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years