Raceroom Racing Experience Wheel / FFB Settings thread.

Instead of people having to wade through pages upon pages with posts to find Wheel and FFB settings that might work, or might even be out of date, I will do my best to keep this post up to date with links to settings that people find useful.

Please do help me by pointing out useful posts in a reply below or a PM to me.

Fanatec GT3 / CSR
No info yet...

Fanatec CSR Elite
No info yet...

Fanatec CSW v1/v2
Fanatec ClubSport V2 Settings - by @Sean Lander - June 2015

Logitech DFGT
No info yet...

Logitech Momo
No info yet...

Logitech G25/G27
Logitech G27 settings - by @Matej Lakota - June 2015

Simexperience Accuforce wheel
No info yet...

Thrustmaster TX/T300
Thrustmaster T300 settings - by @Jyri Kettunen - June 2015

Thrustmaster T500
Thrustmaster T500 settings - by @Giangiorm - June 2015

Last edited:
How do I know if a car has ABS or not? Can I disable ABS if want? Can I enable it if I want in amateur mode? What about other aids. Is there any option for stability control for certain cars or during amateur mode? How do I disable traction control when in amateur mode? I could tell traction control was on this one time when I spent a lot of time in this amateur mode server. I had nowhere in the game whatsoever telling me I had TC on, I also had no where in the game with an option to disable it but I could tell it was on because I would always get wheelspin over a certain bump in get real mode.

It's all very vague and non-informative ATM.

Here's my Fanatec CSW v2 FFB file.

Drop this file into your C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet folder.

[URL='http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00987580946187559259[/QUOTE]Nice']http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00987580946187559259[/URL]
Nice, thanks!

Hi everybody...
I read thousands of posts about steering wheel setting for RRE but really I am dejected for the impossibility to obtain a decent driving!
I tried everything, disparate solutions, also experienced but without any positive results.
In this RRE my G27 it is very very difficult to ride!
There is no a correct and immediate input during corrections and especially when cornering... that keeps me from hearing the right feeling while driving!
I have so many other driving simulation games... Assetto Corsa, rFactor2, GSCE, Project CARS, DiRT Rally, FTruck 2013, NFS Shift 2 and the older rFactor, GTR2, GTL and RBR and to all those I have never had problems about the G27 steering wheel settings.
Only with RRE I have these serious problems!
I also tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game and reset G27 Logitech profile hoping for a miracle... which has not occurred of course.
I am very sorry because this Sector3 game would deserve to be played intensively but in these conditions it is impossible for me!
I wrote here confiding in help...

Drive get real mode, then you'll be able to adjust TC, ABS etc on cars that allow that IRL.
I guessit doesn´t matter but I always get amateur showing! Also running online when you can´t enter without get real.

I choose get real before starting a single race but it still show amateur it seems.

btw I have gotten the ffb quite okay after the ffb patch it seems. But I wonder is there any specific setting that affect the wobble with straight wheel? I would want to reduce this without making the car feel all dead maybe impossible? Running a TX I tried the G27 with stock settings and despite it´s dual motors it was stable as a rock not used to be able to let go on that wheel.

I guessit doesn´t matter but I always get amateur showing! Also running online when you can´t enter without get real.

I choose get real before starting a single race but it still show amateur it seems.

btw I have gotten the ffb quite okay after the ffb patch it seems. But I wonder is there any specific setting that affect the wobble with straight wheel? I would want to reduce this without making the car feel all dead maybe impossible? Running a TX I tried the G27 with stock settings and despite it´s dual motors it was stable as a rock not used to be able to let go on that wheel.
Where does it show "Amateur"? Mind uploading a screenshot? Can you edit the cars setup?

Took a print screen but it just show a black screen. But in multiplayer when on a server checking options it says amateur in driving mode not get real.

So I am afraid in servers that allow amateur I get the aids. In single race when choosing get real I think I must get it also.

These are my current settings for the G27. But i bet they work with other wheels as well.

4adae3e3c7fc523c135b5a964a0cc191.jpg

7ddaec6918a817003005fe77ad6d5aa0.jpg

Make sure to allow the game to override settings in the profiler!

00089214fcdf49a2728929bbc219bc1a.jpg

Attachments

• Logitech G27 Paddle Shift Georg.rcs
    16.5 KB · Views: 453
@Georg Ortner

Those settings are pretty awful for a Fanatec CSW v2, the FFB is extremely heavy around center and just overall way too strong. I can see why they probably work well for the G27 though since it has a huge FFB deadzone around center and its doesn't have as much FFB strength as the CSW v2.

Thanks a lot Georg these setting are brilliant for my G25. I am a bit of a slow racer and mainly do single races with 20 AI cars. I had almost given up on Race Room until I put these settings in. I have modified them slightly but they are just great. I now prefer Race Room to Assetto Corsa and PCars. I think PCars is visually stunning and Assetto Corsa probably is the most realistic feel of driving but Race Room is the most immersive and with your settings I love the "feel". :) :)

Thanks a lot Georg these setting are brilliant for my G25. I am a bit of a slow racer and mainly do single races with 20 AI cars. I had almost given up on Race Room until I put these settings in. I have modified them slightly but they are just great. I now prefer Race Room to Assetto Corsa and PCars. I think PCars is visually stunning and Assetto Corsa probably is the most realistic feel of driving but Race Room is the most immersive and with your settings I love the "feel". :) :)
Then come race with us in our Club Races! :)

Would these settings work with the TM TX wheel? Hate to try it and mess what I have now. What I have now is ok, but it could be better I guess. Love the game by the way!. All I have now is DMT 2013 but looking to get the ADAC 2014 Exp package as well as the DTM 2014 Exp.

These are my current settings for the G27. But i bet they work with other wheels as well.

4adae3e3c7fc523c135b5a964a0cc191.jpg

7ddaec6918a817003005fe77ad6d5aa0.jpg

Make sure to allow the game to override settings in the profiler!

00089214fcdf49a2728929bbc219bc1a.jpg

I´ve posted these settings for the G27. And they do work great for me. No violent oscillations.
There is no guarantee the same settings work for other wheels.
That's great for G27 owners. Perhaps we need to work on solutions for owners of other wheels? I've had violent oscillations with both a Fanatec CSR and a Thrustmaster T300. @Azfalt Raser reported the problem with a DFGT when running steering force high enough to provide satisfactory cornering feel.

Steering force intensity and centring force oscillations seem to be inextricably linked in R3E. You can't increase one without increasing the other. Reducing steering force is a solution of sorts, but why should I have to kill the steering force (and hence feel) to kill the oscillations too? This is the crux of the issue for myself and others.

Is it possible to detach the two and provide a centring force slider so the user can run high steering forces with lower countering force? Perhaps there's a limitation of the engine or physics model that prevents this? Just looking for some open discussion on the issue rather than sticking plaster solutions or unhelpful advice like hold the wheel.

For what it's worth (and to state the obvious) a car's steering will damp itself when you let go of the wheel coming out of a corner, not want to oscillate exponentially until the car spins out. This effect in R3E makes the FFB feel like more of a battle than it should be.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%