RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience 25.11.15 Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today pushed live a new update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, addressing several issues that have crept into the game in recent weeks as well as back end enhancements to improve loading times amongst other miscellaneous fixes.

Sector3 recently released a major new update to RaceRoom Racing Experience to mixed reviews. Although the latest patch has brought significant changes to the simulation it has not been without its issues. The studio have been quick to address several of the problems introduced by the latest patch, however outstanding issues do still remain with the software. In order to resolve the these problems, a new patch has been released today (25/11) containing several fixes and updates to the title. Let us know in the comments section below this article if the new patch has resolved all your remaining problems, or if not what are you still struggling with in the game.

The full change log can be read below:

Game

• Fixed an issue with rules presets not functioning in Single Event Mode.
  • Made the Manual Control of Depth of Field bindable in control settings
  • Fixed so mandatory pitstop window is now defined by a percentage of the total race time.
  • Fixed a rare crash that was occurring when coming back to main menu.
  • Added support for Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer steering wheel.
Multiplayer
  • Fixed so Race 2 / Race 3 sessions are working as intended.
  • Fixed so reversed grid option in MP is working as intended.
  • Made a potential fix for cars that would disappear and remain invisible for long periods.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI
  • Bathurst : New sets of TV cameras
Art
  • Hungaroring : Resurface job to reduce bumpiness.
Portal & Backend
  • Various fixes and further optimizations in backend to improve loading times caused by certain packs containing too many items.
  • Changed so the packs are no longer re-purchasable after it gets a new content added.
  • Added so the Car Class Packs appear under Packs section.
  • Fixed cancel and close buttons on some portal popups not working.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store. Currently RaceRoom have a Black Friday sale with large discounts. Check out the store for details.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events!

Have you checked out the latest update for RaceRoom? Has the patch fixed some of the recent issues for you? How are you finding the new content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Not 100% sure if its the same connection issues or was due to players having bad ping and connections, watching the replay where i saw this, 2 of the 4 cars that were invisible had pings of over 450...which makes sense, the third car disconnected at race start and not sure about the 4th invisible car?

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
Not 100% sure if its the same connection issues or was due to players having bad ping and connections, watching the replay where i saw this, 2 of the 4 cars that were invisible had pings of over 450...which makes sense, the third car disconnected at race start and not sure about the 4th invisible car?
I guess we'll find out on Sunday. :unsure:

Last edited:
Anyone else getting weird input lag? It happens both, in single and multiplayer. I have a very short, but noticable and annoying, input lag. It seems to be particularly problematic when I haven't started the car yet, but try to move the wheel left or right. The delay is very annoying. Once I start driving it seems to level out, but it never feels quite right.

Anyone else getting weird input lag? It happens both, in single and multiplayer. I have a very short, but noticable and annoying, input lag. It seems to be particularly problematic when I haven't started the car yet, but try to move the wheel left or right. The delay is very annoying. Once I start driving it seems to level out, but it never feels quite right.
Are you talking about the visual ingame movement compared to your real wheel?
If so make sure your wheel is set to 900 degrees in your controller profile and ingame under vehicle settings set steering animation to match setup.
if your using a custom degree i am not 100% sure if it will match perfectly?

I was actually testing the input lag on my system today and was surprised there was hardly any...at least not that i could notice.
In my nvidia profile i made a few tweaks to my global settings
maximum pre rendered frames = 1
Prefer maximum performance
Triple buffering on
Vertical sync = Fast
Ingame max settings
Vsync on
shadows med
3440x1440p

Last edited:

DavidMk7

Premium
I’ve only just started to get into RRE after buying the Touring Legends pack last week and have to say that I’m very disappointed to find it broken by a major update within a few days.

I can confirm that the single event issues have not been fixed by this patch and you still can only run timed races.

I’ve also notice that some additional cars have appeared in the game that I cannot drive, such a Ford GT GT1, Pagani Zonda and an FR3 car. I don’t know whether these have appeared due to the update, or from further content I bought on Black Friday. I’m guessing though, that I’ve been given some free skins for cars that I don’t own. Can someone please confirm that this is what has happened, or have these appeared due to another fault?

Those 3 vehicles are future releases, rre loads all new content in the background so instead of dl the content like other games fo, its already in your library once you purchase it. A bug or slip up made these vehicles viewable prior to release.
The other bugs are all known and being worked on.

Finally after me and some other members asking for an answer, Sonat from S3 opened an new thread.

" Hi guys,

As most of you know, the patch introduced severe issues in Multiplayer that cause opponents to disappear and flicker which leads to accidents and unplayable sessions. There are other problems such as immediate disqualification and players entering race session without the garage menu but we'll focus on the disappearing car issue in this thread.

We are continuing our investigation and have some potential leads but we can always use more information from players to help us narrow down the problem(s). If the potential fix doesn't prove to solve the problem we will look into reverting certain things altogether to stabilise things.

Here are some questions we hope you guys can answer. Players who disappear may not realise the issue themselves so hopefully some of the close-knit communities that know their opponents can help.

• Do the disappearing cars get normal and more stable after a while e.g. after a minute?
  • Does the issue occur on a server with just a few players?
  • Are the players that tend to disappear often or always the same ones?
  • Are the players that tend to disappear using Windows 7?
  • If using Windows 7, do you have Windows Firewall turned on? Does the issue continue to occur if you turn Firewall off?

There might be more questions to ask based on the answers and our findings. Let's try to stay on topic and use this thread to help us get to the bottom of the issue."

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Here are some questions we hope you guys can answer. Players who disappear may not realise the issue themselves so hopefully some of the close-knit communities that know their opponents can help.

• Do the disappearing cars get normal and more stable after a while e.g. after a minute?
  • Does the issue occur on a server with just a few players?
  • Are the players that tend to disappear often or always the same ones?
  • Are the players that tend to disappear using Windows 7?
  • If using Windows 7, do you have Windows Firewall turned on? Does the issue continue to occur if you turn Firewall off?

There might be more questions to ask based on the answers and our findings. Let's try to stay on topic and use this thread to help us get to the bottom of the issue."
We will keep track of this in our club races and use the thread to report back.
Can I appeal to all club racers to make sure we keep this thread on topic and try to answer the questions above, it's in our own interest.

Please who ever is online please try this, so we can help find a fix.

From Sonat
Ok we have prepared a new exe (301 MB) that has 2 potential fixes for this issue. We want to test it a bit before releasing so we need you (players who know have this disappearance problem) to join and see if anything is improved.

The build is in a separate branch in RaceRoom Racing Experience on Steam. To access it:
- Right click on RaceRoom Racing Experience and click Properties in your Steam Library.
- Select the "BETAS" tab.
- In the empty field, enter the following code "bn3JLxApLBvk" and click "Check Code".
- This should unlock a "beta" branch which you can select on the dropdown above the field.
- Select Beta from the dropdown and close the properties window.
- This will download a 301 MB update.

Once you have this build you should join the following server as this is a modified one with the serverside fixes.
Server name: 11RR Test
Password: mptest

Please don't join with normal LIVE build.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000