RaceRoom Racing Experience: Upcoming Content and Features Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula US.png

Following on from the recent Sector3 live stream event, the studio have revealed several new pieces of content are in the works for RaceRoom Racing Experience - with a release imminent on a number of vehicles.

Already well known to those who follow the simulation closely, Sector3 have confirmed that the Audi TT RS VLN and KTM X-bow RR will very soon be joining the list of vehicles available for purchase in the simulation. With plenty of excitement ahead for fans of the title, it feels like the right time to do a little recap of what has been revealed by Sector3.

KTM X-Bow RR
RaceRoom Racing Experience KTM X-Bow 2.jpg

The KTM X-Bow RR is the race version of the interestingly different KTM X-Bow machine. Found in many national championship and traditionally running under GT4 regulations, the X-Bow has increased in popularity considerably in recent years. Renowned for exceptional handling and a thrilling driving experience, the X-Bow will no doubt be a very interesting and different experience for RaceRoom players. Revealed during the stream, Sector3 have specifically developed suspension animation in order to maximise the visual experience for this car, a benefit that will roll out to many different pieces of content within the title. Already loaded into the sim as part of the latest patch, and due to be centre of attention in an upcoming competition, the KTM X-Bow RR should be made available to purchase in the very near future.

Audi TT RS VLN

RaceRoom Racing Experience Audi TT RS VLN.jpg

Bit like the Audi Sport TT Cup car but on performance enhancing drugs, with a massive wing. The TT RS VLN is a regular competitor in the legendary VLN series based at Germany's Nuremberg Nordschleife and should be finding its way into the RaceRoom store in the very near future. As is the usual process with Sector3, the TT RS VLN has already been added to the game during the latest patch and is awaiting unlocking for purchase by the studio. During the stream no details on when the car will be made available were shared, however one would imagine a release is just around the corner.

With both the X-Bow and TT RS VLN due to be released in the very near future, Sector3 also went on to highlight other pieces of content at various stages of development, including one or two surprises...

Formula RaceRoom 3
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula RaceRoom 3.png

The Formula RaceRoom 3 is a fictional version of the exceptionally popular Formula 3 championship car. Slightly quicker in pace than the Formula 4 already available in the title, the FR3 should slot nicely in to the middle of the current fictional single seater ladder under development in RaceRoom. Running a slicks and wings configuration, the FR3 is a fairly advanced open wheel race car falling naturally below the GP2 inspired FR2 machine but offering greater performance and laptime than the entry level F4 Tatuus. Traditionally a proving ground for many talented youngsters on their way to the pinnacle of open wheel racing in real life, the FR3 will no doubt prove a popular racing car and should encourage close racing online. No details have been released with regards to when this vehicle will be included for purchase, however development looks pretty much complete and I wouldn't be surprised if we see this released before then end of the year, possibly in the December update...?

Formula RaceRoom US

RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula US.png

A fictional recreation of the 2016 American IndyCar machine, the Formula RaceRoom US will enter as the quickest open wheel vehicle currently available in RaceRoom. Overtaking the GP2 spec FR2, the Formula RaceRoom US should prove to be quite a handful on track. No details have been revealed as to when this content will be released to the game store, or even what stage of development the content is currently at. Judging by the screenshots and the fact the cars already have liveries designed and included, it is not a great stretch of the imagination to guess these cars are at an advanced state and could well be finding their way in game during the early part of 2017.

Highlights
  • Removal of independent 'Experience' structure. Now all content under RaceRoom Experience and advanced race settings such as double race and reverse grid format available for all content.
  • AI enhancements incl. blue flag logic during non race sessions
  • Punctures added
  • Support and default profile for SimXPerience Accuforce wheels
  • Portal and store design refresh
  • Packs reorganised in store. Now contains grouped content, Starter Pack, Pro Pack and Premium Pack
  • KTM online championship to launch soon. Chance to win a drive in a real KTM all expenses paid at the Red Bull Ring
  • Possible further update and potential new content coming in December
Content
  • Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 released
  • DTM 2016 Released
  • KTM X-Bow RR due to release imminently
  • Audi TT RS VLN due to release imminently
  • Silverstone Grand Prix track in advanced stages of development. May be released in December update.
Future Plans
  • Flag Rules coded and awaiting UI implementation.
  • Support for Virtual Reality headsets in development and working in test environment
  • New Data displays (hurray!)
  • Post patch studio to apply additional focus to more manufacturer supported online Championships events
  • Enhanced player ranking system to be added, includes safety ratings and licence system
Future Content
  • Formula RR 3 (fictional Formula Three car)
  • Formula RR US (fictional IndyCar)
  • GT3 (renders of BMW M6, Audi R8 and McLaren 650s - McLaren possible for release in December)
  • Volvo Polestart TC1 WTCC car previewed. To be added as part of WTCC 2016 pack next year
You can re watch the live stream recording in full below:

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the best community discussion, latest news and downloads as well as our packed club racing events.

RaceRoom Racing Experience BMW M6 GT3 2016.png RaceRoom Racing Experience Audi R8 LMS GT3 2016.pngRaceRoom Racing Experience McLaren 650s GT3 2016.png RaceRoom Racing Experience Volvo Polestar TC1 WTCC 2016.png

Looking forward to the new content coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Does Raceroom have Dynamic Tracks? did a google and found nothing on it so presuming not but thought I'd ask here just in case.

If not is it something they have said they're working on? (not mentioned in opening post so fearing the worst!)

Ta

Does Raceroom have Dynamic Tracks? did a google and found nothing on it so presuming not but thought I'd ask here just in case.

If not is it something they have said they're working on? (not mentioned in opening post so fearing the worst!)

Ta
Raceroom does not have dynamic tracks. There are differing grip levels for Practice, Qualifying and the Race but no live changing variables during the race. As far as I'm aware, this isn't on their to do list for the near future, but I'm not a beta tester so perhaps this is something that's further down in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Raceroom does not have dynamic tracks. There are differing grip levels for Practice, Qualifying and the Race but no live changing variables during the race. As far as I'm aware, this isn't on their to do list for the near future, but I'm not a beta tester so perhaps this is something that further down in the pipeline.

Thanks for the reply, I'll wait until VR support comes in anyway then will check out the Free part of the sim. I was purely curious about Dynamic Tracks as they're integral in todays sims for me personally.

Thanks for the reply, I'll wait until VR support comes in anyway then will check out the Free part of the sim. I was purely curious about Dynamic Tracks as they're integral in todays sims for me personally.
I agree. Playing Automobilista, it's another variable that adds to the dynamics of a race and pushes a sim even closer to being true to life, in terms of the on track experience. :thumbsup:

Enhanced player ranking system to be added, includes safety ratings and licence system

For me this is absolutely massive and worth of an article in and of itself, it's quite strange it's buried amongst arbitrary bullet points as this could be the day IRacing begins to face a new competitor! So was any time-frame given for when they will start implementing this? Any other details?

They have been running an app in the back ground for quite a while now collecting data from each player to put towards the development of the player ranking system.
No time line on when it will be implemented, personally they need to boost up there current online servers to make a player ranking system worth while down the road.

I really wish they had triple screen support. New to this sim and the lack of triples support is tough.
:confused: oh no
im just upgrading my rig to a GTX1080/i7 and BlackFridaying 3 monitors, new stand/rig, etc... so that...wt*..?!
Come on Sector3 boys! keep up the pace with the Other sims...:mad:
Give us the grunt first and then, yes, indulge us with (great !) content for us to buy:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%