1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured RaceRoom Racing Experience Tatuus F4 Released

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 12, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

R3E Tatuus F4 Released.png
    The new Tatuus F4 has been made available to purchase for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Following the recent preview video Sector3 Studios have today made available for purchase the first officially licenced open wheel content for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

A low powered slicks and wings formula car designed to appeal to drivers looking to work their way up the open wheel ranks, the Tatuus F4 is an ideal choice for close online multiplayer racing.

With more performance and laptime than the recent Formula RaceRoom Junior car, but still some way short of the GP2 esque Formula RaceRoom 2 machine today's release adds another stepping stone on the R3E virtual single seater ladder.

Sector3 have been rather busy recently with a raft of new content coming to the sim and today's release is another attractive addition to the current open wheel content available in game.

Take a look at the in game store or take the car out on a free test drive to see if the Tatuus F4 fills your open wheel needs.

Tatuus F4 Release Trailer:

Have a look at the RaceRoom Racing Experience forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Sector 3 Studios Free to Play simulator.

Our RaceDepartment R3E Racing Club run daily events with large grids featuring a selection of cars and tracks used within the sim. Head on over now to be part of one of the friendliest racing clubs on RaceDepartment.

Have you purchased the latest piece of open wheel content for RaceRoom Racing Experience? How do you find the driving experience? Let us know in the comments section below!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  2. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium Member

Made a testdrive but i skip this doesnt feel alive ,
  3. I really hoped R3E stayed with DTM, WTCC, etc etc. Open wheelers are Automoblista's job. I am afrad R3E tries to be "everything"
    • Agree Agree x 9
  4. Hmm.. Test drove it and to be honest. i hate it.

Usually RRE has realistic cars but this doesn't feel realistic at all.. no challenge it all.

Like @Peter Stokman said Reiza is the king of open wheelers.

So maybe @Renato Simioni ? :) A man can dream..
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium Member

Would rather pay for a night/day transition or weather. Pumping out cars constantly is all well and good but we have plenty of those now. Time to deliver on bringing us 24 hour racing, weather and driver swaps.

Edit: I installed GTR2 which was released in September 2006 to see what the effects of weather and night racing were like. Damn it......GTR 2 is still a solid sim and looks damn good considering it's age. (Forgive the toss driving)

Well ahead of it's time.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa
    Premium Member

I have the same opinion. And also applies for AC. It's time to focus on weather and features.
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

Drove this and the formula junior today. Very nice. I will be buying them.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 100% agree. I *love* WTCC 2015 and the Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 cars (and I'm sure the TT RS will be made of awesome sauce too, whenever that comes out). It was such a surprise to me since I initially wanted R3E for its GT3 content.

I was gifted a 500 vRP voucher recently, so I picked up the Formula RaceRoom 2 pack. It sounds great and the downforce is awesome at speed in a straight line, but... for me, nothing quite lives up to Automobilista's Formula Classic and Formula Retro. The Formula Classic car is just *perfect* for me and feels just like how I want an open wheel formula car to feel in the sim. Formula Vee is absolutely addicting too.

I won't be picking up the F4 or FRR Jr.

EDIT: I will say this though: the liveries in R3E for FRR are *way* better than any of the "post legal threat" Automobilista formula liveries.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DesKane

dksRacing Kaney Premium Member

Brilliant Downloaded and can't get on !?!?! :confused:
    what the hell is going on with R3E at the moment !?!?!? Fallen back in love with this again recently, so invested in everything you can buy and for over a week now ERROR CODE 12002 !?
    Not happy.
  10. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium Member

I'd buy it tried 3 times but always issues with buying new content just sits there doing nothing??
  11. If you are trying from the in-game store make sure you still have steam in-game overlay enabled. I ran into that a while back and had to buy from the online store instead http://game.raceroom.com/store/ before realizing the cause.
  12. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium Member

13. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Same. I'm more interested in sim features (plenty of basic stuff still missing) and some new tracks.

We've had an endless procession of cars lately and I'm not sure I want to keep pumping money into this when the core game is still a bit threadbare.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. I think ill be passing as well. I love r3e but Im spending too much money on cars i never drive lol. Im with everyone else on the features.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Unless Raceroom AG decide to give this away it won't make it into my virtual garage, they need to be concentrating on features as many above have stated, RRE is lacking polish in many area's.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Triple monitor support?
    VR support?
    Day/night transitions?
    Alternating weather effects?
    Custom liveries?
    Additional tracks?
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. More Cars - check ... :thumbsup: lol
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. I get the feeling all the engine features like day/night/triple/VR are going to come with the switch to Unreal Engine. I know its not official but it just makes too much sense.
    Why build them into the current graphics engine to throw them away with a switch to UE that will have it all done better anyway??
    So I think content will come as its available until the big switch happens.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

What a fair price. And it drives as in reality. A great car for all who look to have serious racing, not wasting their life derailing every threat with VR, 24h nightcycles, the business model or other stuff that noone needs in this thread.
    • Agree Agree x 7
  20. CLColon

Premium Member

Enjoyed this one! I'd almost like to have one to drive to work every day. Oh wait... that's probably not the best thing to say about a race car, is it.
    • Like Like x 1