RaceRoom Racing Experience Tatuus F4 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Tatuus F4 race.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released preview images of the next new open wheel installment for RaceRoom Racing Experience, the officially licensed Tatuus F4.

The Tatuus F4 is a natural progression through the open wheel ranks from the recently previewed Formula RaceRoom Jnr, a low-powered open single-seater with minimal downforce and an onus on maintaining momentum through the corners, this newly reviewed addition to the ranks of R3E will surely be a popular online choice for close wheel-to-wheel action.

The FIA created the Formula 4 series as a stepping stone in the competitive open wheel racing ranks, aiming to provide a low cost single chassis formula that can be adopted internationally. With a host of well filled out grids of talented young drivers, Formula 4 offers a viable option to those with an eye on progressing up the professional racing ladder.

Featuring fibre glass bodywork and powered by a number of different engines from the Fiat Abarth Turbocharged 1.4L, 160 hp engine used predominantly in Italy to the trusted Cosworth F4-016 in the UK. Formula 4 is focused on close racing and allowing drivers to hone their skills and racecraft in a cost effect, high-downforce car.

More details about the RaceRoom version of the car are somewhat thin on the ground at the moment, but keep checking back at RaceDepartment for more news and previews as they become known.

Also while you are here please don't forget to check out our very own RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club here on RaceDepartment and our R3E forum for all the latest news and insights.

R3E Tatuus F4 Lockup.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 race.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 T Cam.jpg R3E Tatuus F4.png R3E Tatuus F4 battle.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 Grid.jpg R3E Tatuus F4 race.jpg

Are you happy about Sector3's recent move to concentrate on open wheel content? Looking forward to driving this entry level single-seater? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Nords and only 1 really good classic F1 car, like the late 80's, 90's until 1997.
Since 1998 to 2008 is a white flag on the map, grooved tires...

But F4 its ok. I really like the little F3 cars in AMS, but i hope this F4 dont drive so sterile like the FR2.

Last edited:
Cash Cow Moooooooooo! Less content. more features, please. I've spent a small fortune on this title yet all they want to do is pump out cars like a Honda Manufacturing plant. I want weather, night racing and driver swaps and stuff that will bring in more players.
Yep, it's starting to feel that way. But apparently a big update is due toward the end of this month that should bring new features so let's see how that turns out. As for big features like weather and night racing - don't hold your breath.

Tatuus F4
I just found this oold thread because I wonder if I should maybe buy the Tatuus F4.
The reason is that the cars I have fun with (FR90, P1/P2, X17, F-US, GroupC) dont have much participation on Leaderboards and even less on MP servers.
Then I tried the Tatuus because it at least looked like a racing car :sneaky: and furthermore have enough setup parameters to be fun to tweak.
But I must admit that testing it out on the Bridge version of Raceroom Raceway was worse than meh.
It was meh meh.:laugh:

The car feels so low powered that I guess that the batup car NSU TT feels like a muscle car compared.:roflmao:
Its probably obvious from these comments that I was veeery disappointed - but does anybody else have some positive to say to say about this "thingy".

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The reason my eyes felt on the Tatuus was solely because there is massive participation on the LBs in this car and also reasonable possibilities on the MP servers.

Tatuus-wHat.jpg

It may not be the out-and-out power house that some of R3E's open-wheelers are, but it's not meant to be. It's main strength is that it's relatively easy to drive, and that in turn means that it excels at providing close, wheel-to-wheel racing. Hence it's online popularity. We used to use it extensively in the clubs, though open-wheelers as a whole don't seem to be very popular now for some reason.

open-wheelers as a whole don't seem to be very popular now for some reason.
Yeah I have absolutely noticed this.
Its a bit strange. And I have no reasonable explanation of this.
But to the best of my knowledge its the same in most racing games.
Hehe maybe not in F1 2019 :roflmao:

One of the reasons for the reasonable popularity of specially this Raceroom car could be what you does mention that its extremely easy to drive.
When I tested it I made some rather huge changes in the setup - but eventhough I in this free test mode became faster than the default setup it was only by about 1sec compared to default (on the Bridge layout).
And the behaviour of the car didnt change much.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I didnt mention it but the meh meh experience was even exagerated by the rather boring engine sound (cockpit).
And I can furthermore see that some other posters in this old thread decide not to buy it - so I will probably "follow the leader".:geek:

My final but more understanding conclusion.:)
I consider the Tatuus rather uninspirering and slightly dull to drive (and listen to).

But actually when you look at the speed values (on the dash) the actually cornering speed is reasonably fast.:thumbsup:
So my guess is that why I(!) assess this car this way is partly because of the general lacking of speed sense in almost every racing games combined with the uninspirering behaviour (and sound) of this car.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I dont own a VR set but Im pretty sure if I tried the Tatuus with some goofy VR goggles on then at least the sense of speed would be much more inspirering. Hehe but until then I can launch as example the Porsche 962 or one of the FR90xx on Lakeview Hillclimb and really feel the adrenaline. :laugh:

stråhat-fri2.jpg

Hehe but until then I can launch as example the Porsche 962 or one of the FR90xx on Lakeview Hillclimb and really feel the adrenaline.
Or why not launch another brutal car that has much better sound and much more challenging behaviour than the Tatuus - the Porsche 911 GT3R 2019.
After minor tweaking of the default setup I just got the Posh airborne on Lakeview Hillclimb Leaderboard.:sneaky:

Porsche levitation.jpgPorsche levitation2.jpgPorsche levitation3.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back