RaceRoom Racing Experience September Patch Sneak Peak

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E September Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios Producer Sonat Ozturk has revealed some early details regarding the next patch for RaceRoom Racing Experience, revealing some interesting insight into the direction of the sim going forward.

Sector3 long ago announced their intention to no longer build "Experience" packs as seen with the ADAC and DTM add on packages for the sim. The idea of an "Experience" pack in R3E was, at the time, a rather neat feature and helped separate the game from some of the other sim racing titles available for PC. The basic idea of an Experience pack in RaceRoom was to give a unique feel to certain licenced pieces of content. Content such as ADAC and DTM had their own menus and backgrounds, unique branding and colour schemes as well as the bespoke rules and racing formats for those championships. Effectively bringing a new game for that series within the main RaceRoom title. Well as this was implemented in RaceRoom, the segmentation of content and difficulty navigating between differing online lobbies has caused some concern amongst the community. Coupled with the fact that features found in some experiences haven’t yet filtered into the main game, Sector3 decided the idea had run its course and become redundant as RaceRoom has developed.

In a comment regarding when the next patch will be available to download, Producer Sonat Ozturk confirmed the team will be "phasing out experiences and thereby adding and exposing more session settings to RaceRoom". This is good news for fans.

Personally I like the experience approach. I enjoyed playing what felt like a standalone DTM/ADAC title and I will be sad to see it not continue in RaceRoom. However the news from Sonat that Sector3 will be "adding and exposing more session settings" is a much needed boost to fans. With such a diverse amount of content currently in game, many players have been calling out for session setting functionality, things like reverse grid races, two race formats and driver swop amongst the most often requested.

No official confirmation of what exactly will be added / removed from the update has been forthcoming as of yet, however Sonat did go on to mention "The patch will have things like ipv6 compatible netcode... "Revamp of portal store along with new implementations that just improves the store overall. Tidied up and added more stuff to shared memory (which also broke all applications using them). And more"

Probably due to be deployed some time towards the end of September, the new patch, if it includes just some additional session settings in the main game, will be a good step forward for the RaceRoom offline Experience. With a spate of recent content announcements, things look bright indeed for this often underrated simulation.

R3E September Update RUF.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience forum here at RaceDepartment. Take a look around the chat rooms, post some comments, download a setup or two and get involved in our mightly Racing Club events held daily.

Enjoying R3E currently? What would you like to see in the next patch? What is missing from RaceRoom in your experience? What does the sim do right? Let us know in the comments section below!

I am really looking forward to the day when R3E throws the always online browser menu system over board and develops a proper offline front end for the software.

People with spotty internet connectivity or living in countries with heavy internet censure and workarounds with VPNs really suffer from the current approach of R3E, making even such simple things as a quick offline race against the AI absolutely impossible.

I truly have been a big fan of R3E, have purchased most of the content up to the point of completely giving up as of the connectivity issues and deleted all content off my hard drive.
I had some of the greatest racing with the modern DTM content, the 90's DTM cars and especially the group 5 cars and enjoyed some of the race tracks that are not represented in such quality in other racing sims like the Macao or the Shanghai GP circuit and really miss R3E.

I do not miss the constant frustration and trouble shooting and have gained a lot of time by simply not using R3E anymore. The developers and the great community around R3E is really helpful and eager to sort issues out but it really seems that with any change in built or even the simplest OS updates and variation of internet connectivity break any fixes that are implemented via hours of trouble shooting every time.
The easiest solution really is to provide a solid offline front end with content DRM checks through steam, which works perfectly fine with any other racing sim installed.

If i was Sector 3 and not owned by RaceRoom Experience and ho ever is behind that and money being the main object I would consider moving to next thing as fast as possible.
1. Don't fall into the same pit as Iracing, building and developing on a very old engine/platform as at one point you will reach a big wall and that is bad
2. Do the basics stuff now, flags, tire pressure, anything that big league admins ask, if a league can be run correctly that means the solo player can enjoy it also
3. Move fast to the new thing, except for Project Cars 2 (phaa ha ha ) there's no news of anything big hitting us soon, so they will get the undercut as you may say....
4. Do what they kinda did until now, listen to the fans, and hopefully, fans will want more practical things than more content, my personal opinion is that there's plenty of content in RR

I agree that the AI has been clearly worse since the "100 cars on track" update a while ago. I think they were dumbed down too much, and would like basically to get back the old AI code for smaller fields.

Excited to hear about a new patch. If as the article says, they add new shared memory bits, I hope it doesn't break the Crew Chief app, though I'm sure the creator would be on it quickly to get it working again.

Like everyone, I have a ton of requests for new features, but you've mentioned them all in the posts above so I won't bother.

R3E is my favorite sim, I want nothing more than seeing it thrive. :inlove:

Hello in my opinion the RaceRoom is the best game simulator cars today have on the market, however think expensive cars and tracks.It should be more into account, and so but pilots have access .deixando further RaceRoom the best that is already.The devices of the computers are already very expensive and still have to pay for cars and tracks still more expensive, but not that it should not pay but being a low But all vinher again in RaceRoom will be good I hope the quality does not download .is the best today simulator that has worldwide.
This is my opinion the physical the graphs the actual wheel force mind is FANTASTIC But with every effort will be able to buy all pos is the best car simulator that has worldwide.I have all the other simulators but the best is (RaceRoom) I have no doubt, all vinher again is gain a strong hug I can not wait to ride these new cars and tracks.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Most wanted:
- For the future i want support for AI cars in MP to fill up empty servers or when you like to play only with a friend.
- creating servers like in Race 07...
- Flag System
- Carrier mode

Dislike:
- Now are too many empty servers for the different race classes. Maybe with AI cars play more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back