1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RaceRoom Racing Experience: Q&A #4

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Tom, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  2. I tried this and I am salivating.

3. this is taking to long for me :( , and i lost my interest in the new simbin, ive there will be now custum skins and now this and cant say anything about that.i'll stick to the old ones and focus on other developers

4. I tried to the teaser demo and I loved it too. The fictional track is so much fun to drive. I've probably done 500 laps around it and I'm still trying to put together the perfect lap.

I couldn't wait for more so I actually started looking at Race07 and all the expansion packs. Can't believe I call myself a sim racer and I've never played Race07. Race Injection + GTR Evo + Race ON should tide me over until the full release of RaceRoom.

5. Adrian Britton

Adrian Britton
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Its not a bad game, quite fun to play. :thumbsup:

I just hope it doesn't end up costing the earth to race your favourite car on your favourite track.
    Plus if you join a mixed race, will you have to own all the other cars as well to race online.

6. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Fictional tracks and cars are not welcome from me in a SIM(-1 point)
    And the "No" answer to custom skin support is another step back(-1 point)
    Also not a platform for GTR3 might means that GTR3 is either on another level,or its not even in plan for next year or two.
    There are a few things that sounds good but if i am going to give it a go and buy stuff for it,will definitly be only real tracks and cars.

7. There are no fictional cars? The (semi-)fictional hillclimb tracks in addition to real ones make sense.

Or it's just not a test platform for GTR3.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

You do not have to own all the peoples content to do a mixed content race from what I have read so far, so you can join mixed content races whether you own that content or not ?? Pretty sure that had been clearly communicated actually.

9. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

We do have two fantasy car classes that we are dying to share with you guys, one of them is our 2012 interpretation of the amazing Group 5 cars.

True,that was just my understanding of the answer.but there are more :)
    Also that mean GTR3 is indeed on another level.

10. I see, sorry. Hope it will still kinda look semi-fictional. Anyway, the focus should be on real cars and tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I doubt they would develop two different engines for two games that will be released more or less in parallel (it's simply too expensive), so I think we can expect a similar thing for GTR3 in the graphics department. (But saying this could hurt sales, so they will not).

The handling is hard to judge since the aids and their strength are not known/cannot be toggled. Again, the core of it will probably be shared with GTR3.

But what I like is that just the teaser (of a free to play game!) looks more convincing than many full not-free-to-play games (CM I am looking at you). And if it turns to be crap, you don't need to spend 30 euros to know about it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wanted GTR3 so much not this kind of boring ****.

13. Adrian Britton

Adrian Britton
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Oh! ok dude fair a snuff
    I didnt know that, sorry.

14. Another game I will not be buying solely because it's only availiable on Steam. When I purchase a game I like to be able to sell it when I'm done with it, I should be able to because it's mine. They are killing the secondhand market and leaving their customers not owning anything.

• Like Like x 1
  15. A turn is a turn, and a straightaway is a straightaway. Whether that same order of turns and straightaways happens or doesnt happen to be built somewhere on this earth makes no difference to me.

A track is a track, whether someone got a bulldozer out and created the same thing in real life ir not, it makes no difference to that track in game when you are racing it.

If someone said to me that a track that I thought was a fantasy track, happened to actually be a real track somewhere on the planet, well, lol the track isnt all of a sudden going to be any different or funner, its the same track, whether I knew it existed in real life or not.

Get in your car and JUST DRIVE, nevermind this whole "well this track doesnt exist in real life attitude" :), if real life was like a video game and we could make as many tracks as we want then I am sure we would have thousands of tracks just like in video games.

We are lucky that we get to drive all these beautiful tracks, rather than just being limited to what is available in real life.

The only way I can see for someone to not like fantasy tracks are 2 things

A. They are recreating a full season championship to go with the same schedule as in the real life series.

B. They are training for that track because they will be racing on that track in real life.

Other than those 2 reasons, I dont understand how a fantasy track is any different than a real life track. If someone told you that a fantasy track was actually a real track, or if someone told you that a track you always thought was real was actually a fantasy track, well would that track all of a sudden change and now all of a sudden the track is now great/bad because someone told you that its a real life/fantasy track?

What difference does it make??

16. The problem for me is that most fantasy tracks aren't very good. This initial one has lots of elevation change and is pretty entertaining but other titles don't have a great track record... imo.

17. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

no need to be sorry :thumbsup:

18. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Hi,first i want to say that we are all different so what i dont like might others like but i didnt tried to make a half page post about those that likes fantasy tracks because its not my business.What you`ve done here is what? converting me to like the fantasy tracks? well did you heard me doing the same to the ones that do like them?
    No,simple.
    If you like fantasy tracks than good for you,drive on those tracks and enjoy,i am not.and if i have a reason,well i wil make you curious and not tell you.:p
    I hope i`ve answer it your question.:roflmao:

19. In the UK you can usually buy a new copy of a not-new PC game for around £5 so, with a few exceptions, second hand PC games are not worth much.

Plus this is a free to play game. You only buy additional content. Even if it wasn't on steam you couldn't sell any content you'd bought,

20. I suppose we are all curious by now how much free content there will be. Here's my guess: 3 cars (2real 1 fantasy) 3 tracks (2real 1 fantasy) 2 modes (e.g. hill climb, oval, road, cross whatever).
    Their information strategy is great btw, we havce not seen a really new product for years, and we are still discussing upcoming products that have been in the pipeline for ... ages. Sb. should seriously consider writing his masters thesis in marketing about it :)