RaceRoom Racing Experience: Q&A #4

Diego Satori of SimBin went through yet another Q&A and the answers to said official RaceRoom Racing Experience Q&A #4 are now up on the SimBin website and, for the sake of simplicity, on RD as well!​

RaceRoom Racing Experience is an upcoming Free-to-Play game to be released by SimBin, creators of GT-R, GT Legends, Race07 and many other hardcore simulation games. A teaser is currently available to the public through Steam.​

Q: RaceRoom Raceway looks incredible. Can we expect more fictional tracks?

A: We needed a fantasy track as part of RaceRoom Racing Experience and we needed the creative freedom that comes with having a license free track, but we wanted it to be a “real” fantasy track in the sense that it had to come across as a track that could just as well have been real.​

We are really happy with the outcome of RaceRoom Raceway and chances are that we will make a few other fantasy race tracks of the same high standard.​

When and if this happens, it will be as a result of a layout/scenery concept that we think could be a worthy addition to the game, it will never be something we resort to in order to rack up the track count of the game.​

For Hill Climb stages we do however use fantasy stages in addition to the real stages that are planned for the game.​

Q: How many layouts are included in the RaceRoom Raceway circuit?

RaceRoom Raceway supports 5 different layouts in total.
During the tracks development we did try to add more layouts to the track but it came across a forced and moved the feel of the track away from that real sense we felt it should possess.​

Q: Can we expect more original cars like the Aquila, Georg Plasa BMW and the P4/5?

Yes, there will be more “original” cars coming for RaceRoom Racing Experience, exactly what cars and when I cannot disclose at this time.​

Q: Do you have plans to release some legends or classic cars?

Your age more than often determine how old a car needs to be in order to qualify as a classic and your geographical location may have its own car legends, this we know to be true and therefore we have tried to collect cars from interesting car manufacturers from several different decades and several different classes.​

RaceRoom Racing Experience for the most part is about modern racing featuring current cars as you would be able to see them out on the race tracks, on TV, YouTube and the Internet in general. Looking at the current lineup of cars, I do see cars that I would refer to as classic and/or legendary and I am sure most players will be able to find cars they would label the same way.​

Q: Will there be custom skin support? If so, will they be shared automatically?

No, there will not be custom skin support in the traditional sense, this basically due to license limitations on some cars.​

We do have two fantasy car classes that we are dying to share with you guys, one of them is our 2012 interpretation of the amazing Group 5 cars.​

For a fantasy class there are no license restrictions to take into account so as long as we can motivate the investments we can more or less do what we want with these cars.​

It should be said that these cars are done with the same mindset as we used for RaceRoom Raceway and the cars could just as well have been real race cars and while doing these cars we often found ourselves hoping a class with these cars would exist in real life.​

How does this relate to the question you may ask. The simple answer is that we wanted absolute creative freedom so that we could introduce an additional layer of persistence into the games already persistent nature, this when we think the time is right for such an additional layer.​

What this means for custom skin support and how skins are shared is too early to reveal, so a simple answer is no, there is not going to be custom skin support at first, but we know you want and it is certainly also something we want to have.​

Q: How tightly will RaceRoom Racing Experience be integrated with Steam?

RaceRoom Racing Experience relies on an active Steam account in order to run and vital parts of the games infrastructure uses Steam technologies.​

Q: Will there be car setup adjustments? If so, will they be freely shareable like in previous SimBin titles?

Yes, Get Real™ comes with a fully featured car setup interface much as you would expect from a SimBin game and car setups can be saved and loaded from within the car setup interface.​

It will become possible to share car setup files through the games online Portal. You will be able to make a car setup public or only accessible to your friends, they will be able to access your shared car setup files through your profile on the Portal.​

For clarification it should be said that sharing of car setup files through the Portal will not be available on day 1 of the RaceRoom Racing Experience release, an announcement will be made when the feature is available for you guys to use and hopefully enjoy.​

Q: When can we play the “Get Real” version?

Get Real™ will be available from day 1 of the RaceRoom Racing Experience Release.​

Q: Is RaceRoom Racing Experience a test platform for GTR3?

No.​

Q: Can we race offline with AI in the future?

Yes, you can race offline in single race events and championship events, against Classic AI or against our new Adaptive AI. The Adaptive AI is designed to match the player’s performance level on a per race basis, this means that as the player gets faster and faster, so will the AI.​

Q: Will any complete racing series like the WTCC be available?

It is the aim for RaceRoom Racing Experience to feature complete themed packs of content to reflect a given series. Exactly what series and how these packs are presented is too early for us to communicate about at this stage though.​

Leave your comments below or visit our RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for more information, screenshots, debates and more.​
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this and I am salivating.
I tried to the teaser demo and I loved it too. The fictional track is so much fun to drive. I've probably done 500 laps around it and I'm still trying to put together the perfect lap.

I couldn't wait for more so I actually started looking at Race07 and all the expansion packs. Can't believe I call myself a sim racer and I've never played Race07. Race Injection + GTR Evo + Race ON should tide me over until the full release of RaceRoom.

Fictional tracks and cars are not welcome from me in a SIM(-1 point)
And the "No" answer to custom skin support is another step back(-1 point)
Also not a platform for GTR3 might means that GTR3 is either on another level,or its not even in plan for next year or two.
There are a few things that sounds good but if i am going to give it a go and buy stuff for it,will definitly be only real tracks and cars.

Its not a bad game, quite fun to play. :thumbsup:

I just hope it doesn't end up costing the earth to race your favourite car on your favourite track.
Plus if you join a mixed race, will you have to own all the other cars as well to race online.
You do not have to own all the peoples content to do a mixed content race from what I have read so far, so you can join mixed content races whether you own that content or not ?? Pretty sure that had been clearly communicated actually.

There are no fictional cars? The (semi-)fictional hillclimb tracks in addition to real ones make sense.

We do have two fantasy car classes that we are dying to share with you guys, one of them is our 2012 interpretation of the amazing Group 5 cars.

Or it's just not a test platform for GTR3.
True,that was just my understanding of the answer.but there are more :)
Also that mean GTR3 is indeed on another level.

I doubt they would develop two different engines for two games that will be released more or less in parallel (it's simply too expensive), so I think we can expect a similar thing for GTR3 in the graphics department. (But saying this could hurt sales, so they will not).

The handling is hard to judge since the aids and their strength are not known/cannot be toggled. Again, the core of it will probably be shared with GTR3.

But what I like is that just the teaser (of a free to play game!) looks more convincing than many full not-free-to-play games (CM I am looking at you). And if it turns to be crap, you don't need to spend 30 euros to know about it.

Another game I will not be buying solely because it's only availiable on Steam. When I purchase a game I like to be able to sell it when I'm done with it, I should be able to because it's mine. They are killing the secondhand market and leaving their customers not owning anything.

Also not a platform for GTR3 might means that GTR3 is either on another level,or its not even in plan for next year or two.
There are a few things that sounds good but if i am going to give it a go and buy stuff for it,will definitly be only real tracks and cars.
A turn is a turn, and a straightaway is a straightaway. Whether that same order of turns and straightaways happens or doesnt happen to be built somewhere on this earth makes no difference to me.

A track is a track, whether someone got a bulldozer out and created the same thing in real life ir not, it makes no difference to that track in game when you are racing it.

If someone said to me that a track that I thought was a fantasy track, happened to actually be a real track somewhere on the planet, well, lol the track isnt all of a sudden going to be any different or funner, its the same track, whether I knew it existed in real life or not.

Get in your car and JUST DRIVE, nevermind this whole "well this track doesnt exist in real life attitude" :), if real life was like a video game and we could make as many tracks as we want then I am sure we would have thousands of tracks just like in video games.

We are lucky that we get to drive all these beautiful tracks, rather than just being limited to what is available in real life.

The only way I can see for someone to not like fantasy tracks are 2 things

A. They are recreating a full season championship to go with the same schedule as in the real life series.

B. They are training for that track because they will be racing on that track in real life.

Other than those 2 reasons, I dont understand how a fantasy track is any different than a real life track. If someone told you that a fantasy track was actually a real track, or if someone told you that a track you always thought was real was actually a fantasy track, well would that track all of a sudden change and now all of a sudden the track is now great/bad because someone told you that its a real life/fantasy track?

What difference does it make??

A turn is a turn, and a straightaway is a straightaway. Whether that same order of turns and straightaways happens or doesnt happen to be built somewhere on this earth makes no difference to me.

A track is a track, whether someone got a bulldozer out and created the same thing in real life ir not, it makes no difference to that track in game when you are racing it.

If someone said to me that a track that I thought was a fantasy track, happened to actually be a real track somewhere on the planet, well, lol the track isnt all of a sudden going to be any different or funner, its the same track, whether I knew it existed in real life or not.

Get in your car and JUST DRIVE, nevermind this whole "well this track doesnt exist in real life attitude" :), if real life was like a video game and we could make as many tracks as we want then I am sure we would have thousands of tracks just like in video games.

We are lucky that we get to drive all these beautiful tracks, rather than just being limited to what is available in real life.

A. They are recreating a full season championship to go with the same schedule as in the real life series.

B. They are training for that track because they will be racing on that track in real life.

Other than those 2 reasons, I dont understand how a fantasy track is any different than a real life track. If someone told you that a fantasy track was actually a real track, or if someone told you that a track you always thought was real was actually a fantasy track, well would that track all of a sudden change and now all of a sudden the track is now great/bad because someone told you that its a real life/fantasy track?

The problem for me is that most fantasy tracks aren't very good. This initial one has lots of elevation change and is pretty entertaining but other titles don't have a great track record... imo.

Hi,first i want to say that we are all different so what i dont like might others like but i didnt tried to make a half page post about those that likes fantasy tracks because its not my business.What you`ve done here is what? converting me to like the fantasy tracks? well did you heard me doing the same to the ones that do like them?
No,simple.
If you like fantasy tracks than good for you,drive on those tracks and enjoy,i am not.and if i have a reason,well i wil make you curious and not tell you.:p
I hope i`ve answer it your question.:roflmao:

Another game I will not be buying solely because it's only availiable on Steam. When I purchase a game I like to be able to sell it when I'm done with it, I should be able to because it's mine. They are killing the secondhand market and leaving their customers not owning anything.

In the UK you can usually buy a new copy of a not-new PC game for around £5 so, with a few exceptions, second hand PC games are not worth much.

Plus this is a free to play game. You only buy additional content. Even if it wasn't on steam you couldn't sell any content you'd bought,

I suppose we are all curious by now how much free content there will be. Here's my guess: 3 cars (2real 1 fantasy) 3 tracks (2real 1 fantasy) 2 modes (e.g. hill climb, oval, road, cross whatever).
Their information strategy is great btw, we havce not seen a really new product for years, and we are still discussing upcoming products that have been in the pipeline for ... ages. Sb. should seriously consider writing his masters thesis in marketing about it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back