RaceRoom Racing Experience: NSU Prinz TTS released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E NSU Out Now.jpg

Sector3 Studios have made available addictive little 60's monster the NSU Prinz TTS to purchase for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title.

Adding some much needed additional historic content to the game, the 120 Hp NSU comes with a selection of attractive paint schemes and is available for 249 vRP.

With engaging driving characteristics yet low powered enough to be fun to drive this little gem is sure to be a popular addition to R3E.

Check out RaceDepartments R3E Racing Club for a selection of club race events featuring this car and the many others available in game.

Have you tried the little NSU yet? What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below!

r3e NSU Grid.jpg R3E NSU Onboard.jpg RSE NSU Nords.jpg RSE NSU Rear.jpg

Oh, and I use Get real physics also
UPDATE: I've just been on raceroom and drove the fr2 like a lunatic round zandvoort and how anyone could think the physics on this car are anywhere near close to realistic is beyond me!

Yeah, ok. Seriously, why is it always offline gamers that say things like this? :rolleyes: And the ones that agree are never seen in the MP club? Scared? All mouth?

Last edited:
Aaaaanyway, back on topic. :)

I think it may all boil down to what people were expecting.
I'm having a helluva lot of fun in this little thing. :D
The comparison to the GSC (and Race07) Minis is almost inevitable.
And while there are some similarities, it does drive a lot differently.
Lower power and a longer wheel-base means it's less tail-happy than the Mini.
And the low power means that if you do slide it, you will slow down drastically.

But obviously, if you were expecting some highly tuned, nippy little thing, this ain't it.
It's a momentum car, and meant to be driven as such.
But I can pretty much guarantee that MP races are going to be close. :D

This may be an old Vid, but its a good starting point. It definitely made car feedback - FEEDBACK, but this may depend on your hardware?. I am using a Clubsport V2 Base unit and Pedals and these settings definitely made the game BETTER !

Great little Car, all the settings towards realistic, clutch, gears, in-car view, AI set to high for a bit of competition, it may be slow but great fun when the racings close. :thumbsup:

There's so much great content for this game but it's such a shame that the physics/ffb is so bad, every car just feels numb and lifeless!
I bought the formula raceroom a few weeks ago and no matter what I did I couldn't spin it out so I reduced rear wing to its lowest setting and it made no difference the the handling of the car!
In rfactor2 or AC every car is unique and a different challenge to learn to drive but every car in raceroom feels the same
This game has so much going for it, especially sound and graphics but I just get no fun out of the most important part - actually during the cars :-(

Change your difficulty to Get Real.

This may be an old Vid, but its a good starting point. It definitely made car feedback - FEEDBACK, but this may depend on your hardware?. I am using a Clubsport V2 Base unit and Pedals and these settings definitely made the game BETTER !

Great little Car, all the settings towards realistic, clutch, gears, in-car view, AI set to high for a bit of competition, it may be slow but great fun when the racings close. :thumbsup:
Appriciate the vid .. can`t comment on Fanatec wheels but it is not really gonna work for logitech wheels, would be waaay to heavy .. also as much as I don`t like dampers on FFB, setting it to 0 is not gonna give you most realistic result (specialy on older cars ..pretty much just like Race07 damper friction setting .. having some on also helps with non updated content and its floatiness) ..
You could expect exagerated front end since you set understeer to 100%

Also maybe except little kerbs all FFB special effect off would be my recomendation ... it is not based on anything real, just added canned effects ... well ffb for gear change won`t hurt if you prefer having it on

But yep, it is possible to get maybe not the best and realistic FFB out there, but enjoyable and very informative FFB in R3E

Last edited:
that is what I though, so I watched bunch of YT onboards and it seems to be kind of realistic .. inputs are pretty much just like mine in game .. I know hard to judge based on video but it is really not car you will fight even on limit .. after all it is light (700kg) car with no power (1.0l with 51 kwh/70HP) .. ok it is magicaly settling itself down after upsetting it over curbs but other than that ...

The model in R3E is more based on the original Group 2 version.
It was softer and slower than the current hillclimb racers ;)

Really think there are many more basic functions to be updated before extra features are added, nice though they would be.:)

Aye, true Kenny. I'm just a bit miffed that a sim released approx 9 years after Race 07 - Raceroom doesn't have these basic features.

The same goes for assetto corsa and Kunos Simulazioni........Netkar had rain etc and that was released in 2005.

Car and circuit releases are fine and generates revenue but I after spending £150 plus on content it's about time we got an update to the sim that gives us something for free which enhances the product's audience.

This is 2016.......lets play catch up eh?

Last edited:
This pattern of a game with rain having a successor without rain isn't unusual for those of us with long memories. Crammond's original Grand Prix had rain but its successor GP2 didn't. GP3 put rain back in. ISIs F1C had rain but rFactor didn't. rF2 put it back in.

NetKar Pro did not have rain when it came out. Kunos are very clear that AC has no rain because of their experience of adding rain to NetKar Pro. They found it had very little impact on sales. They added a licensed Fiat and it had a huge impact on sales. Kunos believe they are focusing on what people actually want and use.

David. I remember those days of GP1 etc as I've been a sim enthusiast since the early 90's. I also remember Revs on the CBM 64 and Stunt car racer on the Amiga.......if you want to go back that far :p

Yes younguns, this was bleeding edge at one time :)

I fully understand that it has no impact on sales but a package that covers all bases is surely going to be a hit with sim racing leagues and thus, the longevity of the product?

Well, Assetto Corsa is tagged as "your racing simulator" but Kunos seem to pick and choose what they actually want to simulate. It's a racing game aimed at a more mainstream audience (nothing wrong with that) but I certainly wouldn't call it a 'racing simulator' with so many missing features.

R3E is missing all too many sim features as well but it can at least make a more worthy claim to being a simulation of racing than AC.

It's difficult to argue with the points made, and it seems to be the case with most games nowadays. That's why GTR2, GTL and Race07 sit on my hard drive along with all the modern ones. Still get great pleasure from them whenever I fire them up.
I sometimes think that people can't see beyond the graphics and miss the depth of gameplay in the older titles, maybe it's an old guys thing and the fact that a lot of us came from games like Revs and Pole Position, Night Driver etc so have a greater appreciation of just what an advance F1C onto rF1 et al was.

Sadly you're most likely correct there @Kenny Paton. I don't think it's any coincidence that the two most popular 'current' sims on the PC - pCARS and AC - are also (arguably) the two best looking sims. I sure as hell don't believe either of these games represent the best options for quality and depth of simulation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back