RaceRoom Racing Experience Licence McLaren 650S GT3

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom McLaren_650S_GT3-034.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today revealed a new licence acquisition for 'free to play' simulator RaceRoom Racing Experience with the Swedish team securing rights to produce a new virtual McLaren 650S GT3 race car due to grace our digital racetracks.

Boasting a strong field of GT3 class vehicles already in the title, the 2015 specification McLaren 650S is one of the first models of the "new generation" GT3 machines finding its way into the RaceRoom lineup of cars. Featuring a 3.8L V8 Twin Turbo delivering 500 Nm torque to the real wheels the McLaren 650S is a thoroughbred racecar that is bound to make a mark with players of the title.

Hot on the back of the recent WTCC 2015 pack previews and upcoming ADAC GT Masters 2015 pack the guys and girls over at Sector3 have been very busy in recent months securing and producing new content. With a new patch featuring several feature enhancements and releasing for purchase a laserscanned version of the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany the next few months could prove to be an interesting time for players of the sim.

While you wait dont forget to check out our RaceDepartment Racing Club for your online racing thrills.

What do you think of the latest announcement from Sector3? Looking forward to the new car? Let us know in the comments section below!

GT3 is at the top of its game at the moment and looking forward to trying this car out. Just need those few updates that are promised and the ability to do longer races and this will make a great sim even better :)

I guess the only major one missing is the Lamborghini but I think those are liscensed to Assetto Corsa? (Correct me if I'm wrong on this). The latest version of the R8 would be cool as well.

With the Bentley coming, how about the Jaguar as well? I know it's a single car entry but it would nice to see it.

View attachment 127648

In other news... new mini data display (bottom right hand corner) is making its way into the sim :)

Much better looking imo, very nice clean solution.

Loads of new R3E stuff recently, great to see after what feels like ages since anything new came out...

Yey

All they need to do now is throw some attention to those fake LCD displays for almost all the cars so we can finally enjoy :D It always makes me to laugh when I see same LCD display on 90% of the cars :D

I'm hoping the new FFB makes RR better for me; I already have a good amount of it's content but, the game FFB is quite dull as it is now.

There's no denying the impressive array of cars, tracks, and series available though. :)

Yeah must admit that bugs me too... seems such a shame when they do so much work and then throw that bloody LCD on it !!

...and that's why I have stopped purchasing any content until they will do sth about it! I have payed more than enough for the placeholder content. At the end the game is not so much cheap to play when you want to play something more than a free content. On the other side they are doing a very good job with the tracks...

• Deleted member 130869

Now just have to wait for the car to drive like you read about it, imagine, or watch on television. Let's see that standard R3E setup load up in the garage. :devilish:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%