RaceRoom Racing Experience GTO Pack Coming This Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E GTO Pack 6.jpg

Sector3 Studios will be releasing a new GTO car pack to RaceRoom Racing Experience very soon bringing 2 new cars to the title.

With the IMSA GTO Series proving a popular choice for US fans of high performance race cars back in the late 1980's, Sector 3 have reproduced 2 new popular cars that competed to those regulations to join the 700hp Audi Quattro already in game (below):
R3E GTO Pack 3.jpg

Alongside the Quattro in the upcoming release will be the venerable Nissan 300ZX Z32 silhouette that went on to clinch multiple IMSA race victories and championships against still competition from a raft of big name teams and manufacturers.
R3E GTO Pack 4.jpg

Car no#3 of the new GTO pack is Ford's trusty IMSA GTO Mustang, boasting a 2.5-liter SOHC four-cylinder engine and run by legendary tuning company Roush Racing, the Mustang was (is) an iconic car from its era and still provides one of the best examples of pure racing spirt found in any of the Blue Oval's line up of racing heritage.
R3E GTO Pack 5.jpg

Sector3 have confirmed the GTO Car Pack will be released this week for RaceRoom Racing Experience, price tbc.

Take a look at our RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club for daily events in a variety of car and track combinations. Guaranteed great TeamSpeak banter and good clean racing!

r3E GTO Pack 2.jpg R3E GTO PAck 7.jpg R3E GTO Pack 8.jpg R3E GTO Pack.jpgR3E GTO Pack 9.jpg

Will you be purchasing the new GTO car pack? Which one will you drive first? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wow! What a way to spend 3 hours. I checked the forum this morning, saw the pack was available, made a pot then drank a cup of coffee, bought the gto pack for 6 bucks. Spent the next couple hours amazed at the sights and sounds of this first class racing sim. Still, I had an uneasy feeling something was not right. Couldn't put my finger on it, just kept doing laps. I think I was coming out of the keyhole @ mid-ohio when it hit me, I forgot to go to work. (this is the most immersive sim out there after the update, use at your own risk). It's almost 11:30 by then, so I figured what the heck, the best thing to do was create a championship. I have spent more on a cigar and enjoyed it less than this latest purchase from r3e. Bravo people, keep em coming. I'll deal with work tomorrow, or maybe Monday come to think of it, gotta have priorities after all. Enjoy.

Stayed up way too late last night running Quattro at Mid-Ohio. Great fun. I had not used that car for awhile and had a blast ( turned steering multiplier up to 3) I test drove the others...I think I like the Nissan best, but will probably buy the pack as the Mustang is great as well.

You need to know Adaptive AI adopted only in the race and not during practice or qualify. Better to do one 30 min race. Its enough to adopt, because AI is probably use your time for last 10 laps to calculate their skills

This is after about 30-40 minutes of driving so way off really getting good feel for all the cars and only a couple laps with Audi, but currently I feel like the Nissan is just way better at cornering and on par with Audi, and way faster than the Mustang in a straight line. I like how all the cars feel different and it's just possibly me sucking in the Audi, but the Mustang is just useless compared to the Nissan, since it just cannot handle corners at all, at least that's all on default setups.

Dunno, while the Nissan is faster in a straight line alright, I find the Mustang easier to drive and am faster in it on twisty tracks. Even on Monza I end up with quite similar laptimes for both.

Is it just me or does any one else thing the physics of the Audi have been changed? It just does not feel as good as it used to be. Not as loose, hard to explain. But really not as much fun.:(

I've really been enjoying these cars; along with the DTM 1992 and the current GT3 cars, these are my favorite cars.
I found an interesting site called IMSA History which has lots of information about the glory days of IMSA. It appears that Ford and Mercury were dominant for a number of years.
It also claims that the Nissan 300ZX made between 650 and 750 horsepower, which would explain the straight line performance.:)

I was not sure about the Group 5 or GTO packs, but since I owned a couple of the Group 5 cars and they were so much more fun after yesterday's physics update, I thought "what the heck, let's grab the GTO pack while getting the new Bentley".

Good choice on my part. These things are so much fun. Bravo S3!

As far as I'm concerned, R3E is quickly becoming the only circuit racing sim I need. Good (but not perfect) AI, FFB massively improved, graphics steadily improving (particularly the lighting is excellent), huge and effective track roster, car list growing rapidly with GT3/DTM for modern racing needs, Audi TT for FWD fun, '90's DTM, Group 5 and GTO for when you want to have fun sideways while racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back