RaceRoom Racing Experience: Free weekend coming up

5ad5ec8fcd0575b24fb95c61d153929f.png

Sector 3 Studios is running a Free weekend in their simracing title RaceRoom Racing Experience this weekend.

This Weekend all content in the game will be unlocked for you to use in any game mode you want!
From Friday 26/06/2015, 18:00 (CEST) until Sunday 28/06/2015, 18:00 (CEST), you will be able to take any of our cars out on a ride in Singleplayer and even Multiplayer Mode, or check out some of the tracks you don´t own yet.

And if you haven´t tried R3E in a while, now is your chance to see what you have missed!

Make sure you grab this oppotunity to sign up for some of our club races this weekend;
R3E Racing Club & Leagues

Last edited:
Drive and listen careful. Too many sounds samples make the sound overflow becoming digitized.
I tried to adjust sliders but with no luck.
I tried also an experiment. I tried with sliders and put zero in all effects and keeping just one or two.
Result was amazing.
But all of them combined for example when you ride a kerb and release throttle and you have kerb + chassis flex + suspension noise + back fire + waste valve + transmission flex + engine noise + some ambient sounds + opponents = overall a digitized muffled unpleasant noise.
It's very easy to hear this. So for me, i like those effects but are useless because of this behavior.

Jim, I was waiting for a feedback like yours about the "digitized muffled unpleasant noise", because two of our betatesters experienced the same issue, so there's really something happening here, but it seems to be very uncommon.

We will investigate and try to repro in the studio, hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
Thanks again for the feedback ;)

Jim, I was waiting for a feedback like yours about the "digitized muffled unpleasant noise", because two of our betatesters experienced the same issue, so there's really something happening here, but it seems to be very uncommon.

We will investigate and try to repro in the studio, hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
Thanks again for the feedback ;)

So i am not crazy (like some might think).

To try to help you, i think that is very easy to listen this "issue" when you are on kerb and all effects on and 100% and you have an engine that hits the limiter.
Also this issue was firstly noticed by me, when the transmission flexing model introduced, so it might coming for this also (but i think also all the others new effects, so i am not exactly sure, i am not a professional , i just have some descent Sennheiser headset ).

Since you reading this some more feedback:

1. I used to say about the floating feeling. Well this feeling was almost completely gone by closing Logitech profiler (i have a G27).
My settings :

Problem is that with Logitech profiler off , i lost correct wheel lock.

2. On-line races are perfect for me. Only problem is that i can't read the chat text. It's small and goes away quickly. Also i would like to see my ping in real time.

3. AI in near to perfect.

4. Graphics needs a lot of work to interior (cockpit). Some cars are excellent ( Chevrolet Daytona Prototype), other are awful (BMW Z4 GT3).

5. I would like some arcad-ish stuff to go away. An example is qualifying procedure (no outlap , fixed fuel etc).

Thanks for reading.

So i am not crazy (like some might think).

I don't think you're crazy, but I suspect you might have a soundcard that's not coping with all the information it's supposed to handle. The way you describe your problems sounds very much like a soundcard driven into distortion by demanding too much of it, I've had the same when trying to make music on cards that weren't up for the task.
What sound card are you using?

I don't think you're crazy

If not, why have rated my post where i describe my problem as "funny"?:unsure::thumbsdown:
I am not a child you know (37), i can describe what i experience.
When a user says he has a problem, people should try to help not laughing.

My soundcard has nothing to do with this.
A game should work in all compositions above minimum.
For helping devs, i have a rather common pc, with no "exotic" parts.
My mobo is this , using integrated sound card and i pass audio through an nvidia 660GTX.

If not, why have rated my post where i describe my problem as "funny"?:unsure::thumbsdown:
I am not a child you know (37), i can describe what i experience.
When a user says he has a problem, people should try to help not laughing.

My soundcard has nothing to do with this.
A game should work in all compositions above minimum.
For helping devs, i have a rather common pc, with no "exotic" parts.
My mobo is this , using integrated sound card and i pass audio through an nvidia 660GTX.
I found the whole premis of your post funny.

Complaining about the sound, on a game with the best sound out there, little did I know that VERY few out there have issues that you do.

Saying people are better off buying GSCE, if there's one sim I've bought and almost not gotten any joy from then it's GSCE.
Saying pCars is awful and holding AC up as some holy grail...

Don't get me wrong, I own all these sims and most of them I have enjoyed for several hours (GSCE is one of the few I haven't enjoyed much). I still boot up AC and pCars from time to time and find both to offer something that others don't.
To me though, none of them engrosses me like R3E does, none of them make me feel so immersed, that feeling of actually being there and pushing a car to my limit, and that feeling of "just one more lap, I know I can improve on this, I know I lost some time in that turn".
You're not wrong for enjoying some other sim, that's purely up to each and everyone to decide which sim fits them best, but the way you word it sounds to me like "don't buy this unless you're looking for an arcade game like pCars", and that's so wrong on so many levels.

For the record, I find AC physics to be more "arcady" than R3E.

For the record, I find AC physics to be more "arcady" than R3E.

I actually laughed on this.

"don't buy this unless you're looking for an arcade game like pCars"

This is not what i said. I actually said :

It's constantly improving. It doesn't drive that nice but it's the game that Pcars would wanted to be (physics wise).
and
"But if someone is disappointed with PCars and is looking for a sim , somewhere between Pcars and AC (hate to put awesome AC and awful Pcars in same sentence ) , it's a nice choice."

So please don't put words in my mouth.

Also English is not my native language so i have some problems explaining myself.
But i have a better solution.
This great post is exactly what i am feeling. Happy reading.

No need for further argues. This game will stay in my disk as it constantly improving.
(also pretty sure that you will hear sounds problems if you play with an above average headset, my system is common so not to be blamed. Someone has just to listen carefully below the nice effects with the right equipment. So i don't believe that i am in the "very few" ).

Last edited:
I actually laughed on this.

(also pretty sure that you will hear sounds problems if you play with an above average headset, my system is common so not to be blamed. Someone has just to listen carefully below the nice effects with the right equipment. So i don't believe that i am in the "very few" ).

So far, only 3 persons reported this problem, so I'm indeed suspecting an hardware issue more than a game's disfunction.
Also, I can't reproduce the issue here in the studio, which makes it harder to fix.
From an history point of view, everytime we had this kind of report coming from a very small number of users, the audio hardware was in cause, which doesn't mean that your specific equipment is bad or broken at all, but I have some good reasons to think it might be related to the soundcard or audio drivers.
R3E is indeed quite demanding audio wise and onboard soundcards usually have some limited buffers, which can cause quantity of random artefacts problems in some cases + I read that you're passing the audio through your videocard, which can potentially alter the sound quality ;)

Last edited:
Do my Sennheiser PC360 qualify as "above average"?

It does.

@anthony monteil , i believe the most people have onboard soundcards and when nvidia they will almost all of them will pass audio through GPU (soundcard from BIOS disabled).

Tried with soundcard enabled from BIOS and headset connected directly on mobo audio out.
Also tried with soundcard disabled from BIOS, audio through GPU via HDMI to TV and headset connected to TV.

Same results.

@anthony monteil , i believe the most people have onboard soundcards and when nvidia they will almost all of them will pass audio through GPU (soundcard from BIOS disabled).
You surely believe wrong ! I have been a PC gamer for more years than I can remember. I build Gaming PC's for a hobby. But I have never enabled sound through my Nvidia GPU and neither do anyone of my mates or family do it. My speakers are directly connected to my onboard soundcard outputs just like most people who game on a PC. :)

It does.

Tried with soundcard enabled from BIOS and headset connected directly on mobo audio out.
Also tried with soundcard disabled from BIOS, audio through GPU via HDMI to TV and headset connected to TV.

Same results.
I don't think using the HDMI audio of the soundcard is a very common solution either, and in both cases we're still talking about very low end audio products that are built to cope with streaming sound in 2 channels from a single stereo source. Games are more demanding than that and especially R3E.
See if you can get your hands on a USB sound card, borrow one from a friend for instance, see if that makes a difference.
Also, what Sennheiser headset/headphones are you using? Mine are way too heavy for the onboard soundcard to power, if I play at anything above conversation level it will distort the sound because the soundcard fails to deliver enough power to move the drivers.

Yes, never had any problem in any game. My system is old i know but always the same, so i know how it behaves. Same windows, same cables, same headset , same everything. Raceroom is the only game that does that and only with new effects.

I didn't put words in your mouth, I said that was what it came across as to me.
Read the post you linked, bunch of bolony as far as I'm concerned.
Well it is my post on that other forum. If you can actually write a proper response then I'm more than happy to reconsider my views. However if "bunch of bolony" is the best you can come up with then I doubt the discussion would be worth anyone's time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back