RaceRoom Racing Experience: Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R Licenced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RRE Corvette Announcement.jpg

Sector3 Studios have signed a licencing deal to bring yet another top GT3 specification race car to the sim, this time securing the rights to create the epic Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title.

With an already massive collection of GT3 vehicles playable within the sim, and the McLaren 650S, Audi R8 LMS, BMW M6 and Mercedes AMG GT3 machines waiting in the wings, the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation is fast becoming the title of choice for fans of GT3 spec endurance racing.

"This astonishing racing car was developed by the company Callaway Competition based in Leingarten (Heilbronn, Germany), 151 kilometers south of Frankfurt and 10 kilometers west of Heilbronn. Callaway Competition was established-one in 1985 under the name “Woehr & Ciccone” company that has specialized since its foundation on body manufacturing, vehicle repairs and racing modifications. In 1988, the company “Woehr & Ciccone” expanded to take over the distribution of Callaway in Europe. The racing department Callaway Competition got its name in 1994"

The latest licencing announcement comes at a very early stage of development, and as such no preview images or indications of when release is expected has been announced by the studio.

RRE Corvette Announcement 2.jpg

Vehicle data

Width:
2042 mm (80.4 in.)
Wheelbase: 2713 mm (106.8 in.)
Overall Length: 4592 mm (188.7 in.)
Homologation Weight: 1240 kg (2734 lb.)
Chassis: Aluminium
Engine Type: 8 Cylinder V, 90° Bank Angle
Power: 550 - 600 HP (depending on Air-Restrictor)
Engine Displacement: 6245 cc (381 cid)

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum is the best place to enjoy the simulation online. We have an awesome club racing scene, open to all skills and experiences. Check out the club today, and swing by our sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with you fellow fans and catch all the latest news.

Are you excited to see another top quality GT3 car added to RaceRoom? Looking forward to checking out the Corvette? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'm redownloading it as we speak. Are you saying that the free content is the same garbage as what was in the closed beta?

He's either using extreme hyperbole, or hasnt played the game at all in the past 2 yrs.

There have been updates to the old content for the past 12 months with each update. And if you havent played since the closed beta years ago, you also now have Portimao as a free track.

Most of the content in the game has been updated, however there is still some that lags behind. Of the free content, the Silhouettes have been updated (and you get the other 3 cars for free now), the Aquila CR1 has been updated, and the Prototypes have been updated and split into 2 classes, P1 and P2 (where you also get a few more free cars as I recall). The only free content not updated, was the Hillclimb BMW Judd.

All GT3 cars (GTR3, ADAC 13/14/15), WTCC 15, DTM 15, GTO, Group 5, Silhouettes, P1, P2, Audi TT Cup 15, FR2, FR Jr, Tatuus F4, NSU, and BMW Procar have been updated.

Of course, with more on the way in the future.

He's either using extreme hyperbole, or hasnt played the game at all in the past 2 yrs.

There have been updates to the old content for the past 12 months with each update. And if you havent played since the closed beta years ago, you also now have Portimao as a free track.

Most of the content in the game has been updated, however there is still some that lags behind. Of the free content, the Silhouettes have been updated (and you get the other 3 cars for free now), the Aquila CR1 has been updated, and the Prototypes have been updated and split into 2 classes, P1 and P2 (where you also get a few more free cars as I recall). The only free content not updated, was the Hillclimb BMW Judd.

All GT3 cars (GTR3, ADAC 13/14/15), WTCC 15, DTM 15, GTO, Group 5, Silhouettes, P1, P2, Audi TT Cup 15, FR2, FR Jr, Tatuus F4, NSU, and BMW Procar have been updated.

Of course, with more on the way in the future.
I have only played DTM 2013 and ADAC 2014 since the early days, so I'm not familiar with how the main content has evolved.

Okay...and KW owns S3? If that is the case its cristal clear for me how the development path is laid out.

Bit complex. KW Suspension is run by a guy named Klaus Wolfhath, hence the name of the company. KW Suspension GmbH is the parent company for a bunch of other brands. KW seems to own RaceRoom Entertainment AG. The publisher for RaceRoom Racing Experience. So, Sector3 is the developer of the game, but they kind of have to report to RaceRoom AG, who publishes the game and makes the financial and game direction decisions.

People often say KW is in charge of R3E since they own RaceRoom AG, and RaceRoom AG is who Sector3 deals with.

Phew.

Bit complex. KW Suspension is run by a guy named Klaus Wolfhath, hence the name of the company. KW Suspension GmbH is the parent company for a bunch of other brands. KW seems to own RaceRoom Entertainment AG. The publisher for RaceRoom Racing Experience. So, Sector3 is the developer of the game, but they kind of have to report to RaceRoom AG, who publishes the game and makes the financial and game direction decisions.

People often say KW is in charge of R3E since they own RaceRoom AG, and RaceRoom AG is who Sector3 deals with.

Phew.
Thanks for the explanation. Now it is a lot more clear that S3 is not responsible for certain decisions. S3 must have a hard time sitting in between a very demanding community (incl. myself) and a contracter.
Those raceroom centres are for parties just like bowling and paintball. At those centres there is no need for further indepth game features like flags, indepth car setups etc. All they care about is a large diversity of cars.

Is this an expensive endeavor? To get R3E with everything that comes with it? I also only saw VRP on the site and it did my head in as i have no idea what that is in real money lol. Its a bit early so dont be mad guys. I will check into it later today, but if anyone who has gotten the full package could maybe say what you paid roughly would be appreciated. :)

Will it be added to GTR3 pack? Or I will have to buy it speratally?

Dont think anyone knows just yet. Seeing as the rest of the previously released GT3 cars got released in the GTR3 class, I would guess so. Sector3 is probably getting these new licenses for a new ADAC season though, but previous ADAC cars were released into the GTR3 class, such as the Bentley.

I also only saw VRP on the site and it did my head in as i have no idea what that is in real money lol. Its a bit early so dont be mad guys.

vRP is pretty simple if you are european. 100vRP = 1 EUR. 1000vRP = 10 EUR. 2750 vRP = 27.50 EUR. You can buy big packs of vRP on RaceRooms website that will give you the best value. There is a thread about pricing somewhere in the R3E forum here at RD for more infos. You can then compare your currency to EUR for your actual cost.

Last year they had a Black Friday (late November) sale where everything in the game was sold for $50.

You can also try out every car in the game by test driving it from the store page in game.

The full package is expensive for those that got into the game a few years ago, and bought things piece by piece. The bundles are by far the best deal. DTM pack, ADAC pack, etc. Since those give you cars and tracks.

I know it's an old thread but any word at all when the rest of the 2017 GT cars are coming? i.e Audi R8 LMS, Porsche RSR and this one?
Porsche you mean the Porsche 911 GT3 R as the RSR is the GTE/GTLM version.

It's pending approval from companies and some other things AFAIK, still will come this year.

EDIT/Addition: Let me reiterate that the ones who are announced and under development like the C7.R Callaway, R8 LMS and the AMG GT3, that is what I meant above.

I wanted to correct on the 911 naming, I don't know zip about GT3 R on R3E yet.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 76 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.4%
  • < 5 years