RaceRoom Racing Experience: Audi R18 TDI Ultra Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Audi R18 Preview.jpg

Following the recent big patch for RaceRoom Racing Experience and subsequent realignment of the car class structure in game Sector3 Studios have revealed the hugely successful Audi R18 TDI Ultra Prototype is due to be added to the newly titled P1 class very shortly.

While Sector3 secured a licence to recreate this car some time ago changing development priorities have delayed serious attention getting paid to this premier prototype racer in recent times, however the team behind RaceRoom Racing Experience have now released a batch of new screenshots and indicate release of the Audi is due imminently.

At 540hp and only 970kg in weight (including driver) the all-conquering R18 will joining P1 class fictional colleagues the DMD P20 and the Mistral M530 in a newly structured prototype category.

Former standalone US racer the Daytona Prototype has moved across to the renamed P2 class joining the Radical SR9's and fictional machines from Mistral and DMD. As can be seen in the below video the imminent release of the Audi is another small preparation for the sim having fully functional single player multiclass racing implemented in the near future.

The Audi R18 TDI Ultra will be joining the fastest class of cars currently available in RaceRoom SoonTM . RaceRoom Racing Experience is available to download now from the Steam platform.

RaceRoom Audi R18 Preview 2.jpg

RaceRoom Audi R18 Preview 3.jpg

Don't forget to check the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for all the latest news and Club Racing events.

Are you looking forward to multiclass racing in R3E? Will you purchase the R18 on release? How do you think RaceRoom rates as a title for playing prototype series cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Are you looking forward to multiclass racing in R3E? Yes :D,
Will you purchase the R18 on release? Yes,I buy stuff I never drive :redface:,
How do you think RaceRoom rates as a title for playing prototype series cars? Going by yesterdays race in the P2's 10/10,It helps that the club has a great crowd of really friendly people,also I really like the P2's,I liked them before the recent physics update,now they're even better,I'm not so sure I'm a fast enough driver to deal with the P1's though :unsure:.

Amazing looks and sounds.... :inlove:

Not sure... if it's me getting old, blind and deaf, but this game is in my opinion the very best out there.
In terms of:
Graphics: 9.0/10
Handling: 9.5/10
Sound: 12/10... so why actually bother with any other sim... :cool:
..... R3E expensive ... ?? Not the way I look at it....
I treat the game like my wife.... I spend it all on her.... therefore no time for anything else... :sleep:
Can get tedious at times :rolleyes:... but works out cheaper on the long term.... :O_o:

Are you looking forward to multiclass racing in R3E? Yes :D,
Will you purchase the R18 on release? Yes,I buy stuff I never drive :redface:,
How do you think RaceRoom rates as a title for playing prototype series cars? Going by yesterdays race in the P2's 10/10,It helps that the club has a great crowd of really friendly people,also I really like the P2's,I liked them before the recent physics update,now they're even better,I'm not so sure I'm a fast enough driver to deal with the P1's though :unsure:.
Multiclass please....a must!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back