• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured RaceRoom Racing Experience: Anderstorp Raceway Announced!

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +9,776
    RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 5.jpg
    Sector3 Studios have confirmed the immense Anderstorp Raceway will be available to purchase "very soon" for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The 2.505 mile Swedish race circuit located in the Gislaved Municipality is yet another Scandinavian location made popular amongst sim racing fans by former SimBin products Race07 and STCC The Game.

Built in 1968 the track has hosted a variety of international grade racing series, including six Formula One Grand Prix between 1973 and 1978. Of most interesting note was the final Swedish Grand Prix at Anderstorp in 1978 that marked the first and last Grand Prix victory for the Niki Lauda driven Brabbham Alfa Romeo "Fan Car", a ridiculously designed but devastatingly successful Formula One car from the mind of then Brabbham designer Gordon Murray.

In later years the track (formally known as Scandinavian Raceway) has hosted many high profile championships such as the European Touring Car Championship (forerunner to the WTCC), FIA GT World Championship, World Superbikes, WTCC and of course Scandinavia's biggest national racing series, the Scandinavian Touring Cars.

Eagle eyed sim racers might already have noticed the track was included in the recent update to RaceRoom Racing Experience back on Tuesday. We expect the track to be deployed to the game store in the near future.

For a little taster of what is to come, check out this on board lap from 2011 with Swedish racing legend Jan "Flash" Nilsson:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Sector3 Studios. You can download the base game with limited content for free, with further cars and tracks available to purchase at an additional cost.

RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 1.jpg RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 3.jpg RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 9.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 4.jpg RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 7.jpg RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 8.jpg RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 10.jpg RaceRoom Anderstorp Raceway 6.jpg

Another Scandinavian track - one step closer to STCC3! Looking forward to Anderstorp? Which other Scandinavian tracks would you like to see added to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • Love Love x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    The Pyjamas Prime Minister Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,439
    Airport circuit is best circuit! :D So many good memories from GTR2 with this one, people are really going to like it! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Blimey

Blimey
    Banned

Ratings:
    +199
    Its a cool track, but there are parts why the track failed to stay good and reasons why it wasn't that successful (such as not being able to expand the pitlane, ever.)

4. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    AWESOME! Located under an hour from my home, and they recently (2013 or 2014) stared racing on it again (was a few events before, but a few thought it was "too loud"). Now days it hosts STCC, TimeAttack and a few Roadracing series. Great to see more Swedish tracks in R3E, I really REALLY hope they release Falkenberg Motorbana :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +93
    Oh R3E my love, why are you doing this to me ? I'm trying to do some important work this year.
    And I guess the second child can wait :)

• Haha Haha x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Hygge

Hygge

Ratings:
    +24
    Might not be the most exciting track in the world but I have so much memories from GTR and GTR2 with this track so it's going to be fun revisiting the track for that reason alone. It's also the track closest to where I live.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +9,776
    Looking forward to this one. Always enjoyed the track in the past, it just feels "right" to drive.

Should be awesome, more Scandinavian tracks please!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,969
    aw yiss :D

9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,038
    Looking forward to trying this one, as above I remember this track from GTR2 as well :)

Looking at the 300ZX, wish they'd do the RX7 as well. Would love to hear what their sound team could come up with on that one! :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  10. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +90
    Lots of fun to race around this with the WTCC cars in R07. Getting the late apex line through some of the banked turns was a pain but so satisfying when you get it right. Managing the front right tyre was tricky as well.

Should be good for the touring cars.

11. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +242
    Nice, time to get my Ronnie on!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +361
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  13. ThatRacingGuy

ThatRacingGuy
    I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened

Ratings:
    +480
    Okay I now think for sure that STCC will come to R3E

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +242
    Agreed, the perfect excuse since there's more and more voices asking for TCR cars too. STCC tracks are probably dirt cheap to license. And with the STCC they can have a full series like with GT Masters. In nothing else the new WTCC pack will work really well with these tracks too.

15. Kevin Bradley

Kevin Bradley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +57
    I like Anderstorp going right back to gt legends days, but that horseshoe/carrosel thing at the end of the lap - it mystifies me how to take that bend properly. I never know whether to stay tight all the way through and sacrifice speed mid corner or take the wide entry and cut in late. Then trying to get the car straight for braking into the last Corner. Arrghhh!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +220
    Is there a mod of this track for Assetto Corsa? Loved playing this track in the Demo of GTR2 I think.

17. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +590
    Not driven this since gtl days...looking forward to it.

18. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +371
    Why... when we are going to have it in R3E - can't beat that! :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. nhill40

nhill40

Ratings:
    +71
    I absolutely love this track - I think some Swede saw some NASCAR footage and said, "you know, what if we..." :)

Can't wait!

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. maxa_91

maxa_91

Ratings:
    +19
    I had a chance to take few laps around the track before is release date here is the video with Rydell's Civic WTCC :

• Like Like x 1