RaceRoom Newbie

Hi guys. Although I was in the closed beta for R3E many moons ago, I've avoided the full game since I'm not keen on the sales model. Unfortunately boredom and curiosity got the better of me, I tried it yesterday, and I love it. :p Funds are limited however, so I'm going to have to pick and choose. So on that note, a few questions if I may.

- If I join a club race for something like WTCC 2015, do I need the whole car pack or just the car I want to drive?

- If a club race is using a track I don't own myself, can I still join the event or not?

- I have Steam set up to use PayPal, not Steam Wallet. If I want to buy something through the R3E store, do I need to buy points or add money to my wallet, or will it charge my PayPal account?

- Is there a way to adjust the position of HUD elements? I want to move the track map if possible.

- What's the deal with ABS and TC in Get Real mode? I see TC adjustment in car settings, but what about cars that have ABS in real life? Can it also be adjusted and switched off?

- Is there a way to make it auto-continue when it's finished loading? I keep sitting here thinking, "Bloody hell, this is taking ages!", before seeing the 'click to continue' hint... :p

Damn copycats! This one is me:
uc

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Certain people were using my gaming history to see when I was on but not signed into chat, then getting funny because I was "hiding" and not gaming with them. They're long gone though, so I'll open up my profile again.

Heh, that sounds familiar, I cleaned out my steam friend list recently for similar reasons. All this always connected stuff is all well and good but if you are a person who likes their own company at times, it can be a pain in the buttocks.

Is there a central list of RaceRoom ID's? Thought I'd add some of you guys to see how I stack up using the cool leaderboard mode.

Edit: I'm Ross "Goffik" Garland, same photo as on RD.

Last edited:
I'm too cowardly to do actual races against people, but it makes the competition leaderboards a lot more interesting when you recognise a name from a forum on it imo. Comp/leaderboard fiends unite! <Friend request sent> :geek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back