RaceRoom Newbie

Hi guys. Although I was in the closed beta for R3E many moons ago, I've avoided the full game since I'm not keen on the sales model. Unfortunately boredom and curiosity got the better of me, I tried it yesterday, and I love it. :p Funds are limited however, so I'm going to have to pick and choose. So on that note, a few questions if I may.

- If I join a club race for something like WTCC 2015, do I need the whole car pack or just the car I want to drive?

- If a club race is using a track I don't own myself, can I still join the event or not?

- I have Steam set up to use PayPal, not Steam Wallet. If I want to buy something through the R3E store, do I need to buy points or add money to my wallet, or will it charge my PayPal account?

- Is there a way to adjust the position of HUD elements? I want to move the track map if possible.

- What's the deal with ABS and TC in Get Real mode? I see TC adjustment in car settings, but what about cars that have ABS in real life? Can it also be adjusted and switched off?

- Is there a way to make it auto-continue when it's finished loading? I keep sitting here thinking, "Bloody hell, this is taking ages!", before seeing the 'click to continue' hint... :p

Hope this helps..:)

- If I join a club race for something like WTCC 2015, do I need the whole car pack or just the car I want to drive?
You just need a car from that pack to be able to race. For things like DTM and WTCC I tend to buy the pack only because I like to have some choice between events.

- If a club race is using a track I don't own myself, can I still join the event or not?
No, sorry. You need to own the track. You'll see on the multiplayer lists (unless this has changed) the events you can't take part in are showing in red. As you are missing the required content.

- I have Steam set up to use PayPal, not Steam Wallet. If I want to buy something through the R3E store, do I need to buy points or add money to my wallet, or will it charge my PayPal account?
Now this is the contentious issue! ;) You add balance to your account. Which you then use to buy the content. OR you just purchase each item as you go via PayPal. Hope that makes sense!

- Is there a way to adjust the position of HUD elements? I want to move the track map if possible.
Not as far as I'm aware. Someone else on here may know a trick I don't.

- What's the deal with ABS and TC in Get Real mode? I see TC adjustment in car settings, but what about cars that have ABS in real life? Can it also be adjusted and switched off?
If they have ABS in real life they will in the game. No way to switch it off I'm afraid.

- Is there a way to make it auto-continue when it's finished loading? I keep sitting here thinking, "Bloody hell, this is taking ages!", before seeing the 'click to continue' hint... :p
:) Yeah I've done that myself, no sorry. A quick press of the keyboard/mouse/wheel is required.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers guys! :thumbsup:

My money is being eaten up getting my RL van through it's MOT, so multiple packs are out of the question. (It's in the garage now, hence why I'm playing R3E instead of working!) I thought maybe I'd go for the European track pack to give me plenty of tracks, and from there buy individual cars as needed. There's only one or two cars in each class that I really want anyway, and I can always go back later and buy the packs thanks to the dynamic pricing system.

One more question. If I race a class offline, am I limited to racing against the cars I own or will it use all cars from that particular class?

Thanks for the answers guys! :thumbsup:

My money is being eaten up getting my RL van through it's MOT, so multiple packs are out of the question. (It's in the garage now, hence why I'm playing R3E instead of working!) I thought maybe I'd go for the European track pack to give me plenty of tracks, and from there buy individual cars as needed. There's only one or two cars in each class that I really want anyway, and I can always go back later and buy the packs thanks to the dynamic pricing system.

One more question. If I race a class offline, am I limited to racing against the cars I own or will it use all cars from that particular class?

Yeah that's absolutely fine, same for me as I just purchased a few vehicles at the beginning and a track pack.

Yes if you race offline you will race against the class you've chosen. So if you do a GT3 race in the Audi for example your AI competitors will be other cars from the class (McLaren, Ford, etc.)

I think I'm not alone that I miss slightly the experience packs. I kind of liked the game within a game idea but hey ho....:)

So I selected the European track pack and around six cars from various classes to get me started with club racing. Then I decided to check out the super-duper-uber-mega-pack, just out of curiosity to see how much it was in real money. It was twice the amount I'd be paying for what I'd selected (with the bulk discount)... for an extra few tracks and 90+ extra cars. A fight broke out in my tiny brain, a fight which, in truth, was over before it even began. Clickety-click, that was slick... and now I own everything. Mwahahahaha! :devilish:

Now I'm skint. Damn you curiosity, twice in one day! Better get some bloody good club racing out of this!! :roflmao:

So I selected the European track pack and around six cars from various classes to get me started with club racing. Then I decided to check out the super-duper-uber-mega-pack, just out of curiosity to see how much it was in real money. It was twice the amount I'd be paying for what I'd selected (with the bulk discount)... for an extra few tracks and 90+ extra cars. A fight broke out in my tiny brain, a fight which, in truth, was over before it even began. Clickety-click, that was slick... and now I own everything. Mwahahahaha! :devilish:

Now I'm skint. Damn you curiosity, twice in one day! Better get some bloody good club racing out of this!! :roflmao:

I'm glad to say that as well as the club races on here, there are some decent leagues cropping up on the internet as well. Most are WTCC or DTM based but the list is growing which is good to see :)

Well that's handy then, because I loooove touring cars. Club racing first though. I'm still rather rusty after a long hiatus, and was never that good to begin with! My next couple of evenings are filled unfortunately, but hopefully I can make my debut in the R3E club over the weekend. Deffo looking forward to it, seems to be a good bunch over here! :thumbsup:

Loving this sim so far, enough to keep me up until 2am when I needed to be up at 6am. :confused: I love AC and AMS, but there's something about R3E which is really drawing me in, and it isn't just because it's all new and shiny! Perhaps it's something to do with the developer's style, since Race 07 and GTL were favourites of mine too in the past. Any concern that I may not get my monies worth faded to nothing in the wee hours of this morning though, so it's all good! :D

Hahaha, it was a fluke, honest! :x3: I seemed to be on one that day. I'm usually lucky to be around the midfield in most races, and I'm propping up the bottom of the table in my class in the RDRC. I'm even waiting for my free premium driver course to show me what I'm doing wrong!

I love AC and AMS, but there's something about R3E which is really drawing me in, and it isn't just because it's all new and shiny! Perhaps it's something to do with the developer's style, since Race 07 and GTL were favourites of mine too in the past. Any concern that I may not get my monies worth faded to nothing in the wee hours of this morning though, so it's all good! :D
Know what you mean. I think for me it's the feel & sound, slick look, lack of road car rubbish and those addictive leaderboard & competition things. So so much potential. Wonder how much begging it'd take to get the BTCC tracks :p

Wonder how much begging it'd take to get the BTCC tracks :p
I offer my services as RD's official BTCC-in-R3E-please beggar! :notworthy: I would love to see the tracks added at least, and the cars would be fantastic. And if we're really cheeky, perhaps we can beg for some historic BTCC cars too... :sneaky:

My one disappointment with R3E so far was gleefully clicking on Brands Hatch, and only finding the Indy layout. :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%