Raceroom.net closed

after checking in on Raceroom I realised I could not post.. then Ifound this

Greetings Drivers,
It’s been a busy year for SimBin and RaceRoom. Over the last fourteen months we’ve endured countless changes and made huge strides towards completing our next generation racing platform, RaceRoom Racing Experience, for which we recently launched a closed beta in November.

Our web team is developing a state-of-the-art web portal to compliment our new game. This new web portal quickly surpassed the capabilities of the original RaceRoom Online portal, and after careful consideration we have elected to shut down the old portal located at www.raceroom.net.

As of today we have closed the community support forums and shop, and the old portal has been set to read-only status. During this read-only period we encourage those who have purchased GTR or GT Legends through the shop at raceroom.net to activate the newly available Steam versions of these games using your existing online multiplayer code.

The help desk will remain open until we close the doors on the .net site for good in Q1 2013, at which time we will open a brand new support system to better serve you. The new support structure will be tightly integrated with RaceRoom Racing Experience to bring an unsurpassed level of support to SimBin and RaceRoom members.
Previously available only to registered portal users, content from the Formula RaceRoom expansion for RACE 07 has been added through Steam to the library of all RACE 07 owners.

There are many new things to share with you in 2013, and the next twelve months are shaping up to be some of the most thrilling in SimBin’s history. We’ll update you on the new portal and other subjects after the holiday season, until then we wish you all a joyful and prosperous Happy New Year!

-Marcus Jaeger

I forgot about this news.. so I go to get a nice fresh GTL installer before it might be too late(bandwidth usage be dammed, but also my ISP has made monthly bandwidth overage cost lower) to find out that I am forced to use steam because the raceroom downloads have been pulled. -_-
Steam can be nice, but GTL is something that I would like to be able to use during unexpected internet outages. (steam's offline mode = no)(but I guess the steam version can likely be adjusted)

And about the new raceroom site... looks like it is tailored specifically to serve as a stats platform for their physical locations, sweeping all their past games aside.
The best I can determine is that an R-Card is an RFID card that people use to pay at the physical raceroom locations? (and also to track what sim rig you are using for their stats)

I am not sure why I feel frustrated and alienated by their new site since I did not really use their old one... but I feel frustrated and alienated. Too much change.

Also they have it scripted out the wazoo so you cannot open most things in new tabs while browsing! I HATE single-window/single-tab browsing. :poop:

Steam can be nice, but GTL is something that I would like to be able to use during unexpected internet outages. (steam's offline mode = no)(but I guess the steam version can likely be adjusted)

Not sure why you would be concerned about internet outages. I haven't tried it with the Steam version of GTL, but my other Steam Racing Sims seem ok for off-line. Surely, the Steam version of GTL will also work in off-line mode if the internet is not available. :confused:

Not sure why you would be concerned about internet outages. I haven't tried it with the Steam version of GTL, but my other Steam Racing Sims seem ok for off-line. Surely, the Steam version of GTL will also work in off-line mode if the internet is not available. :confused:
Yes, but Steam itself might not start without a connection. Catch 22.

But what Aleksandr says is true, you can simply start GTL.exe without Steam, even with the Steam version.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back