Racer v10.0 finally out!

Congradulations aNd celebrations ... when I tell every one that races all a nEeeew...
La lA la Laaa laAaaa .. de de de dum deee dum dee dOooo ... (chorus again)
sounds ommited can't find ~em .. but you get the drift I'm sure -- hahahA -- DRiFt RaCer (get it) go gettum

well done Ruud and all the team at Cruden and all other I've missed mentioning.
Nope not going to say anything else just happy BuRpDay from down under across the ditch in Aotearoa yAaaaay

It supports non cg to!

I run my non cg cars and tracks perfectly!

Lol wtf how come? I open the game and it pops the cg error window. ._.

EDIT: Proof pic.
screenshot001re.png

Sorry about the watermark, it's from the program what i used to take the pic.

Lol wtf how come? I open the game and it pops the cg error window. ._.

EDIT: Proof pic.
screenshot001re.png

Sorry about the watermark, it's from the program what i used to take the pic.

You have the print scr button on your keyboard, you don't need to have any program to take a sreenshot! Then open Paint and press Ctrl+v

Have you disabled shadowmapping and bloom? You need to do that in order to no-cg to work!

:party:Happy anniversary Racer!

I can't believe I just saw this. It's been a really busy week for me.

I never guessed that 10 years ago the simple VERY primitive simulator that I came across would become what it has today(and absorbed so much of MY time). At that time it was little more than a box with wheels and a flat track (with no sides) as I remember there were nothing for control but the keyboard (or mouse?). This guy named Ruud said he was attempting to make the most accurate driving sim in the world, it was exactly what I was looking for.
I would say that Dave (Mr. Whippy) and I are probably the only early members of the original community left now, although much of the best Racer content has been due to the diligent efforts of past members such as Stecki/Tops/Cubits/RyanT/Alfanut/Tor amd many others as well as the current members. Ruud has done an excellent job on turning Racer into the best free driving sim in the world. Other attempts have come and gone, but Racer has endured.

Alex Forbin

Happy Birthday (belated-double shifts at work make me miss Racer time-boo-hoo-lol!) RACER!!

Thanks Ruud! I haven't been playing long-since 2003....but I am heavy infected/infatuated/obsessed with this sim! Even though I have 06.5.4....I love it love it love it!! (I think he loves it??-right harey?-lol!) I d/l'ed the annversasry edition, and sadly posted on TiberiuS' farewell thread.
Long Live Racer!!

Happy Birthday Racer!!!
10 years Racer is great!

unfortunately i have to run v.0544 because of Ubuntu 10.04 and my graphic ´card´(ati hd 4200 onboard)
when i change the settings shadowmapping, stencilbits etc. i get this error:

Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (INFO): [noqapp/23] --- application start ---
Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (INFO): [noqapp/23] 4 processor(s); setting affinity to 0x1
Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (INFO): [racer/23] Racer version: 10.0 (Aug 4 2010/18:20:20) - customer: Internet
Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (INFO): [racer/23] DGPUShaderManager::Init() Geometry shading is not supported on this card (ATI?).
Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (WARN): [racer/23] DGPUShader:Load(data/renderer/shaders/empty_f.cg): CG ERROR : "The profile is not supported."
Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (INFO): [racer/23] Physics engine: NEWTON v2.22
Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (WARN): [racer/23] DGPUShader:Load(data/renderer/shaders/skidmark_f.cg): CG ERROR : "The program could not load."
Mon Aug 09 16:41:51 (ERR ): [racer/23] DCubeMap:LoadImage: OpenGL error (1282): invalid operation
Mon Aug 09 16:42:07 (FATAL): [racer/23] Cubemap couldn't be loaded; your graphics card is insufficient.

Schermafdruk.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back