Racer v0.9.0 RC4 released

Ruud

RACER Developer
Another version... get it at http://www.mediafire.com/file/p79inu8n3mhani8/racer0.9.0_rc4.7z

The changes:
- Passing of scale and dt in motion blur done directly to motion_blur_f.cg
- 'graph delta ...' command did not seem to work. Fixed.
- 'show carpoints' now also paints the warp matrix (initial position/rotation)
- Task priority not set higher anymore; it can conflict with ethernet drivers apparently
- 'reset car' (or Shift-F/Shift-R) now also takes into account the initial roll angle (banking of the surface)
- lighting.cg could generate NaN when shininess was 0 (specular maps can do that)
- Onyx execution speedup by around 50% with function tables.
- Modeler now has a 'Unify materials' button to let the model use only the first material.
- Automatic transmission now accepts curves for better shifting; see http://www.racer.nl/index.php?jump=tutorial/gearbox.htm#automatic_transmission
- Onyx now supports equalities between ints (int i,j; if(i>j)...)

At customer sites, we use a separate tool (RaceManager) where you select cars/tracks and other settings. Then you click 'Start heat'.
Here, Racer does run in a menu, but is controlled through console commands ('ini ...'). It definitely is possible to just set menu to 0 and config everything yourself and jump right into the game.

Thanks for the Update Ruud.
There were a lot of posts concerning sounds with spheres or something else but mostly gobbledygook in the last version thread, imho.
We have dust fir surfaces in the special.ini file and that is the ideal place for surface sounds as they are already available although they have to go to racer.ini to get them.
IMHO a suface should have assignable sounds with volume, reverb or whatever else the sound needs in the special.ini file where they belong! We could have glass breaking, potholes and a variety that has no end and be done with it.
Smple!

Note the per-surface sounds is now in v0.9.0RC5.

I do not use Racer enough these days to download each minor version.. so I am going to revive the RC4 thread for a second.

I recently got a new gfx card and this is my question:
With seven lambos on carlswood at 2560x1440 using a HIS HD 7950 IceQ X2 3GB(v13.1 drivers) and 3GHz Phenom X4 9950, Racer uses almost 1GB of VRAM and pushes around 35-40FPS at the starting grid. (changing my car to something else had no really notable effect)
I am not very familiar with racer these days and I do not remember trying this with my GTX460 768MB...

Is 40fps good or bad in that scenario?
It has been long enough since I last used Racer that I am not sure if I am impressed by that number or not.(and for all I know it might be my CPU since Racer never properly utilizes enough cores anyway.)
:/

(I do understand that for most other games my CPU is generally a bottleneck for this card, cpu/mobo/ram will be upgraded in a few months hopefully)

Hey, I upgraded to the latest beta version and I've disabled all the assists in the game (auto clutch and auto shift) But I cant do a burnout for example like in the version I had installed before (0.6) . When Im in idle (800-900 rpm) and try to loose the clutch pedal, the car stay in idle, it doesnt go forward, it just start to run when I press the gas button. what is the problem? Ive manually turn off assist in the racer,ini but it isnt working !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%