Racer v0.9.0 RC10 Released

Win 7 is much better than XP really.

Isn't XP limited to 3GB of ram or something. I remember having 4GB and Win XP only addressing about 75% of it.

16Gb in Win 7 here... tempted by another 16Gb hehe... yummy ram!

Dave

Win 7 is much better than XP really.

Isn't XP limited to 3GB of ram or something. I remember having 4GB and Win XP only addressing about 75% of it.

16Gb in Win 7 here... tempted by another 16Gb hehe... yummy ram!

Dave
I made the switch as well from XP to 7, and I have almost no regrets, I say almost because I can no longer run some older games in 7 even in XP mode. That is a minor issue though.

I guess dual boot is always an option in the end. I used to do it with NT and Win95/98 a bit back in the day, till 2K came along.

I still like the idea of having a 95/98/2K/XP booting system. That said loads of games from back then are now on GOG, work in Win7, and are cheap as chips and often better than the originals too.

I'm still waiting for an updated version of Tornado by DID :)

Dave

Hello all,
two things, but i'm not sure if they a bug...
First, if you reload the car via console and drive a lap racer crash at the moment you cross the start finish line...if you disable the ghost it works...
Second...racer does not support anymore my second audio "channel", will say, the audio gets only output at the first (soundsystem, Logitech 5.1), if i choose the headset i get no sound...

Alex

Alex: Did you try changing the audio.driver value in racer.ini to match the secondary output? On my system it was the other way around, I had to change it from the default because that was the headphone jack on the keyboard rather than my main speakers output. Admittedly, it's not very convenient having to edit the value whenever you swap outputs.

Hai Alex,
yep tried dsound and winmm, with asio i get a fatal error, openal and wasapi works too...
It's the same too if i use sys default (-1) or 5,6 or 7...
The "main" soundsystem works, the headset not...

Alex
EDIT:
the oldest version i use (from the newer ons...^^) is the rc5d and it works, i'm sure with the rc8 it was working too...rc9 not tested..

Those would be audio.type and audio.speakermode, but I meant audio.driver, which is new for RC9/10. As the comment in racer.ini says you can use the console command "audiodrivers" ingame to get a list of the available outputs (for example on my system 0 is the onboard audio output, 1 is the keyboard headphone jack).

When attempting to open the Ctrl+3 menu on tracks which have no splines defined (such as chaseyertail for example), Racer crashes with the following message:
Code:
Tue Sep 16 11:13:46 (INFO ): [panthera] Crash detected, dev.argument_tracing=0 so no argument stack [main.cpp:252 / crashProc]
Tue Sep 16 11:13:46 (INFO ): [panthera] Crash detected - attempting to recover some data before displaying the crash dialog [main.cpp:253 / crashProc]
Tue Sep 16 11:13:48 (FATAL): [panthera] Exception 0xC0000094, flags 0, Address 0x005CD12A
(this dialog text is stored in QLOG.txt)

OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1

0x005CD12A [racer]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x004CF866 [racer]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x004CF8F0 [racer]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x004FBE72 [racer]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x004CFB0C [racer]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x004CE4C0 [racer]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x006BF581 [racer]: (filename not available): (function-name not available)
0x76C5338A [kernel32]: (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
0x77449F72 [ntdll]: (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain
0x77449F45 [ntdll]: (filename not available): RtlInitializeExceptionChain [%s]
Tue Sep 16 11:13:48 (INFO ): [panthera] Going to crash, reason: qfatal [qdebug.cpp:428 / QCrash]

While I was working on updating the Omni, I keep on getting 1 Qlog error that will not go away.
Code:
Tue Sep 30 14:28:49 (WARN ): [panthera] traction_control.min_velocity must be at least 0.1 to avoid getting stuck at 0 velocity - adjusting to 0.1 [WARN,rengine.cpp:614,REngine::LoadSettings]
And yet I do have the traction_control.min_velocity set to a value greater than 0.1. I also noticed the process name is now "Panthera" which is interesting.
EDIT:
Also forgot to say that I noticed another strange issue with the lights. the light field you can set seems to cause an odd issue that will only happen at certain angles (for my Omni one of those angles is the interior view). I know its do with the light section of the car.ini because i commented it out and it didn't happen.
screenshot085_zpsb1420175.png

Last edited:
i've reverted to 0.9.0 rc5b
i've had to untick boxes "render once" and motion blur,
i'm using an ati radeon r700 series 2gb.
the latest version doesnt run correctly, i tried changing the graphics in that one too,but didnt work.

RC5c was the best one imo... not sure on RC5b but iirc it had a bit of a physics bug that made it a bit unreliable.

I'm hoping Ruud turns up again soon properly and gets these newer versions being really solid and usable for decent development work in both the visuals and physics based areas.

Still gutted to see all these new Forza 5 screenies and note that Racer is just as capable at looking just as amazing, bar a few hard-coded or legacy omissions, or just incomplete features.
I have no doubt Ruud could have Racer looking just as nice as them in a few days of work... just getting him to do it hehe :D

Dave

The cones on Carlswood are only visible when driving in one direction, as if using the drag strip, but not when following the standard clockwise layout. In fact they can be seen disappearing when the camera is rotated. They also don't appear in the vehicle or onscreen mirrors at any moment.

Is that maybe something to do with an LOD setting maybe?

I have oodles of cones here on a test track, all movables, with LOD, and FPS and general performance is fine.
Only issue is when they are reset it's really chuggy for a few frames, ie, if you reset movables after every lap or something.

Perhaps there is a way in the scripts to reset groups over a certain amount of time to reduce the workload!? Say one per physics step rather than hundreds in ONE physics step :D

Hmmmm, bit off topic there... :D

Dave

I don't think that you'll get updated CTR tools either.

It's a shame because the tool itself is nice but I can't use it because it's destructive and just like trackEd it renames things and chops them into pieces etc as part of it's operation... so WYSIWYG workflow is impossible.

Ie, add another shader to a building, and suddenly the exported DOF names change, so the geometry.ini file contents need to change, and you may have un-used DOF, and a snowball of mess ensues.

I've no idea why this workflow is preferential unless you like to spend time doing the same tasks over and over again.

Dave

this is why i stopped using CTR, instead i'm using dof exporter, because it doesnt chop a file six ways to sunday..what we need is a wysiwyg editor like we had for wr2, everything was visible right in front of you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back