Racer v0.8.35 released

Ruud

RACER Developer
After quite some time, here's an update. Still needs things worked out before v0.9 though.
Get it at http://www.mediafire.com/file/1kyapoz4xmbnnlh/racer0.8.35.7z

As for changes between this version and an upcoming v0.9, I expect only the audio pitch_scale to possibly change a bit in behavior (if at all), other than that the graphics are not likely to change anymore. I might have called this one v0.9.0RC1 but there's a few bugs (in Config.exe, and the menu selections) that are not too pretty (I need to remove some non-working items).

Notes:
- It uses the Lambo from Mr Whippy; I might not have had the latest version; this one gives a brake balance warning currently (admittedly a new feature)
- Next week I'll try and make a list of the things I still want to do for v0.9.

The changes:
- Pacejka window appeared single buffered in Windows XP, resulting in flickering.
- Added 2 pages to ^9 (telemetry) debug view; all possible and actually used view variables
- Added 'surface' group to logging (ASCII/RTD) with world surface intersection coordinates for all wheels (used internally for laser-scanned tracks).
- RTD logging of orientation is now done in Yaw/Pitch/Roll instead of the car rotation quaternion
- Timing has been restructured - only the multiplayer server now keeps track of time, to sync laptimes across multiplayer.
- Added 'fps on' and 'fps off' console commands.
- Added 'view <n>' command to set the view (normally changed with F1)
- Added the start of a 'system' of parameters & signals, which will give inside info on all kinds of parts. This will be useful
for external tweaking tools, and also internal ones. A generalized way to access parameters. Currently the tree is very
limited, and no external tools are available yet to tweak.
- Added 'system export' commands to export the system tree to an HTML file. Racer will open the HTML file after creation.
See also http://www.racer.nl/tutorial/system.htm
- Added 'set <path> <value>' to set a parameter in the system.
- Added 'get <path>' to get float parameter in the system.
- The 'graph' command now also accepts any parameter in the system; i.e. 'graph step 0 600 car0.engine.rotation_vel'
- Added 'camera <n>' command to switch cameras using a console command.
- Added 'fov <f>' command to set camera FOV directly.
- Added power steering curves for assist/friction/damping/spring (spring only for high-end platforms)
- Curved can now also offset all points
- GPLex dropped for now.
- Added alpha version of 3DS Max exporter (see max/ directory)

Enjoy!

The wipers need to be made with the pivot point at 0,0,0 and then in the car.ini file you set them up. I'll post the car.ini file section I used for my Hillman Imp that you can use or a guide.

I think there is a page on racer.nl that explains wipers. I'm still waiting for blinkers like turn signals. You can flash the lights on/off in car.ini.

Link to wiper page:

http://www.racer.nl/tutorial/wipers.htm

Thanks boomer!

I will read. I still waiting 3d turn signals, and 2nd stage of lights (like old nfs III.) first is parking lights, or low beam, and second is hi beam, antifog lights, etc. Ruud, I dont know if it is easy to add, but it'd be great!

Personally I'm using scripting and generic models to have turn signals and other lights.

Anyway, this is not the scripting topic. My question is: are you able to connect to the lobby? I can't, it says I need at least 0.8.7, event though my nickname is listed as johnthelemon (v0.8.35). It worked fine in 0.8.34

Hm, I got wipers working! Now gonna read script section. But 3d model for turn signals would be easier and more real maybe. I liked that you have 3 speed in wipers, like real one. Hope we can get 3 stages of lights too.

screenshot005copy-2.jpg

*I dont tried the lobby yet!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back