1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racer just doesn't work!! HELP

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Jonny_One_Note, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys. Looking for some guidance here. When I start Racer and hit Free Drive, it says: Fatal Error--the program will now exit. Any ideas on how to fix that? Thanks.
  2. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

at first, please tell us witch racer version do you use, PC specs, GPU and your OS...
  3. I tried the newest beta version, then all of the older beta versions and none of them work.
  4. I'm not much of a PC nerd, so I don't know what my graphics card, etc. might be. I'm currently using a Windows 7 Dell that I bought a year ago. Hopefully this is enough info so you can tell me what to do...
  5. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

6. Racer seems to work ok. Don't know why the beta version didn't work.
  7. Can you press 'Start' then type in 'cmd' (if your in win7) and then when you have opened cmd type in 'dxdiag' and then it will open a program called 'DirectX Diagnostic Tool' in there tell us the:

Operating System:

Then Click on the Display Tab and tell us the:

Chip Type:

Also if you are on WinXp go to 'Start' then 'run' then type cmd.

I am asking this of you so that we can get a Brief Overview of what the problem may be.
  8. I would guess, your Dell doesn't have dedicated GPU (Video Card), only integrated motherboard video. And that will not run any new Racer. Correct me if I am wrong..
  9. aadilf1 you are smart!! Cool. Here are the specs.

Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Op. System: Win7 64-bit

Name: Intel HD Graphics
    Manufacturer: Intel Corp.
    Chip Type: Intel HD Graphics (Core i3)

There's that. Hope that helps.
  10. KS95

RACER Moderator

Good processor (imo) but the graphics card is an on-board chip, it's not really powerful enough for games like Racer. You should consider buying a proper card. Not overly expensive and a good improvement :) (if in the UK see novatech.co.uk)
  11. I am Currently using a 9600GT 512mb which will probably cost around £20-£30 now, but im not sure what price range you will go to-to get a Gfx card :p
  12. KS95

RACER Moderator

£25 GT210 here :p

It's not great, but it works at 25-35 FPS lol.
  13. KS95 is right, your Intel CPU is fine, but integrated graphics will not run new Racer Betas. As your Dell has PCI-E slot, adding a more powerful video card shouldn't be a problem. Racer generally prefers nVidia offerings over ATI/Radeon and I would recommend nVidia GTX 550 Ti or higher. Just make sure that your PC has power supply that is able to power whatever new video card you get..