1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racer Graphics Mods/Tweaks/Configs

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Nodar Svanidze, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Hi everyone.

I was playing this game long time ago i remember there was introduction of new effects like moiton blur. but i don't remember and I'm not up to date what could be done today to Racer in terms of graphics.

I would ask you guys if anyone can share there configs/mods/tweaks for Racer in order to get best visuals. I have seen some really good looking screenshot so i would like to ask if you could share settings.

Thanks in advance.
  2. I found a graphics mod by Raphael Buthmann a few days ago. Here's the link: Download :D
  3. Lol i think u can only use that graphics mod with CG versions. What is does is that it increases the contrast (correct me if im wrong)
  4. Not only this . New lighting system , specular smoothing and enhanced reflection at night
  5. thanks conster,
    any other mods? :)
  6. I guess u need to thank raphael :D
  7. oh true :D raphael thanks.
    I think some of effects are not working with latest version?
    8.37, I know reflections are broken so I updated to 8.38, but At night looks like they are still not working.
    Also shadows don't look as good as in your vids raphael
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No Prob, It's Raphael's work Thank hi- Oh wait. I just saw you did. Nevermind :p Anyway I have bad shadows as well there very rough edged with lots of jagged edges. Everybody else's shadows are smooth.
  9. Well , I don't use the lastest beta's because of a camera bug =/ . That jagged edges can be like this because of your GPU . Ati are not so compatible with open gl as nvidia is .
  10. Yep, a few people have said that the shadow could be caused by ATI. I don't use the latest beta either. I'm going to try 0.8.36 as I haven't tried that one yet.
  11. I downgradet to 8.35 and now this mod seems to be working great :)
    shadows, hdr, reflections :)
  12. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

...look at my site there is the 0.8.36...and all others too^^
  13. Thanks Alex I'm downloading 0.8.36 now. Nice site :) Will there be more cars? I can only see one. But i'm definitely using your site for tracks :D
  14. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

THX...will see...i had a lot of more cars up, but after a crash from my file hoster every thing was gone...and since racer changes so many times i have not the time to update all....
  15. Where is v0.8.38?? Can't find it!!

EDIT: Found it! Sorry! :D
  16. where is v38? i can only see v37 here in the forums
  17. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

look at my site...
  18. I have downloaded your racer 0.8.38b files but when I click to select car i get 2 errors :
    first [​IMG]
    how to fix it ?
  19. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

look in to the release tread...the 38b version is for mipmapping...i personaly use the 38a....remember you need the 37 full install and overwrite with the 38xx files....thats why i wrote LOOK IN TO RDFORUM FOR HOW TO USE^^
  20. now it works :) i revert to original .cg files and overvrited only the exe file and now it works very well :)