1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racer for linux.Is it ubuntu compatible?

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Lee Knight, May 19, 2010.

1. Lee Knight

Lee Knight

Ratings:
    +242
    Is it possible to run racer on linux-ubuntu9.10?
    How do I go about making it run?
    Where do I download the latest version from?

Thanks in advance,
    BLeeK

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,047
  3. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Yeah, it does have a Linux version, but it's really far behind the Windows version. I advise you to do what I do (I'm on linux), run the windows version in Wine. Works 99% perfectly for me :)

4. twister77

twister77

Ratings:
    +10
    I second that. I am using Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 64_bit and as KS95 said, it also works 99% perfectly for me. Just make sure your hardware is able to support latest version of Racer (v0.8.8)

5. Lee Knight

Lee Knight

Ratings:
    +242
    So I can run rFactor,Bobs Track Builder & all my other xp programs on wine as well?
    Is that programs already on my xp side of the partition or do I have to do a fresh install of them all again on the linux through wine?
    Sorry,Very confused!
    It would be nice to keep all my stuff & kick Mr Gates & all his windows outta my tower.
    Plus theres a heap of free Ubuntu stuff Im already using with BTB.
    Its such a pain having to swap between the two OS's as well while working on something.
    Thanks again,BLeeK.

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,047
    Some will work better than others BLeek.

Maybe won't find BTB in the listings but take a look at the link below. People post reports about how well applications/games etc work on their distro and wine version combo. Allong with anything they needed to do to make it work.

http://appdb.winehq.org/