1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racer and Windows 8 problems.

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by pradzio1, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hello. Last week I've installed Windows 8 PRO on my notebook, and i've noticed, that in Racer 090 RC4 there is a problem with (i don't know how do you call it) system of automatic brightness adjusting. On Win 7 after setting time to eg 23:00, night looked quite normal, but now, it becomes strangely red :( Like that:

Have you got any idea, how to fix it?
  2. KS95

RACER Moderator

Auto Exposure? If so look for auto_exposure in racer.ini and change enable=1 to 0 and see if that does the trick :)
  3. Yes, i think, it's auto exposure, but turning it off only makes, that the screen becomes red at once, not gradually.
  4. Change graphic drivers, i had same problem when using nvidia beta drivers on windows XP pro
  5. Graphics driver is the last one, i think, the first for windows 8 :/ If it could help, the version of driver is 310.70 (nVidia GTX660M)
  6. I use 306.81 and it's ok for me
  7. Thanks man ;) I've installed 306.97, and now evrything is okay :D
    • Like Like x 2
  8. So how well does Racer run on a cell phone OS? ;)
    Oh come on guys, you know you all wanted to ask!

Alex Forbin

9. Formula Truck have problems with service trusted installer, you must disable this service with msconfig under services and reboot your pc thats fix many problems with win8 ... and the game works with a normal user profil!

it is important to disable this services
    and reboot only stop the service not work!
  10. KS95

RACER Moderator

Wrong forum&thread I think ;)