Apps RaceEssentials [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible for the app to remember if I chose delta best or delta personal?
Thanks Topuz for this great app!

One small bug: sometimes when I'm down my chosen delta time, the app correctly writes the delta (-x.yz) but the delta bar is in the negative (red) side (should be green). Maybe you're comparing corrent time against the best and not the personal (or vice-versa)?

Would it be possible for the app to remember if I chose delta best or delta personal?
Thanks Topuz for this great app!

One small bug: sometimes when I'm down my chosen delta time, the app correctly writes the delta (-x.yz) but the delta bar is in the negative (red) side (should be green). Maybe you're comparing corrent time against the best and not the personal (or vice-versa)?
Hey Blame, glad you like the app.
RaceEssentials already saves if you chose delta best or delta personal best, your choice should survive between sessions.
Regarding the delta bar, that's how it's supposed to work. It displays how quickly you're losing or gaining time at that particular moment. You might be quicker overall (the numerical value), but if your time is getting worse at that moment the bar will be red. Also, similarly, if you're slower overall, but improving at that moment, the bar will be green. That's the whole point. I know it's a bit hard to understand simply by explaining, but Stefano showed it nicely in this video, check 13:25 time.

Hey Blame, glad you like the app.
RaceEssentials already saves if you chose delta best or delta personal best, your choice should survive between sessions.
Regarding the delta bar, that's how it's supposed to work. It displays how quickly you're losing or gaining time at that particular moment. You might be quicker overall (the numerical value), but if your time is getting worse at that moment the bar will be red. Also, similarly, if you're slower overall, but improving at that moment, the bar will be green. That's the whole point. I know it's a bit hard to understand simply by explaining, but Stefano showed it nicely in this video, check 13:25 time.

Sorry, it's very clear, I had misunderstood. I thought the two things where binded and that the bar was Just a graphical rapresentation of the numeric value.
Thanks again

I tried the app once, not so long ago .... and at 1st look, I thought ....Waaaawwww !
Everything may be seen.
And it's perfectly done and imagined, Topuz ! :thumbsup:

Once in a race ... it may seem then too much as 2 choices are possible:
- keep the size as it is at the origin .... when driving, difficult to find immediately what you're looking for and rather little ( risk of loosing attention in race )
- make it bigger ... it should take too much place on screen.

That's why I propose an idea:
For some important points as ... tyre temps, tyre grip %, remaining fuel ( less than 2 laps ), maybe Kers ... make the color blink ... just to attract the attention to automatically look at the right place on the app display. ( + possibility of personal settings for this blinking )

Just an idea ... as I know nothing about how to do it and not aware of its possibility.

But I remain very positive about the app itself and surely conscious of all the work you had to put into it for the reached level of this app.
Please consider this post as positive, Topuz and surely not a critic ! ... that's the way I wished to write it.

I tried the app once, not so long ago .... and at 1st look, I thought ....Waaaawwww !
Everything may be seen.
And it's perfectly done and imagined, Topuz ! :thumbsup:

Once in a race ... it may seem then too much as 2 choices are possible:
- keep the size as it is at the origin .... when driving, difficult to find immediately what you're looking for and rather little ( risk of loosing attention in race )
- make it bigger ... it should take too much place on screen.

That's why I propose an idea:
For some important points as ... tyre temps, tyre grip %, remaining fuel ( less than 2 laps ), maybe Kers ... make the color blink ... just to attract the attention to automatically look at the right place on the app display. ( + possibility of personal settings for this blinking )

Just an idea ... as I know nothing about how to do it and not aware of its possibility.

But I remain very positive about the app itself and surely conscious of all the work you had to put into it for the reached level of this app.
Please consider this post as positive, Topuz and surely not a critic ! ... that's the way I wished to write it.
Thank you for your suggestions, I'm always looking for ways to improve the app, visibility being only one of the aspects. I'm pretty much at the point right now where I'm satisfied with the quality and reliability of displayed data and future updates will probably focus exactly on the kind of stuff you mentioned. Clarity, further polishing, performance tweaks and so on.

Could it be possible adding leds for racing flags? I use the Oculus Rift and the flags appear in a far corner where are difficult to see.
Thanks

Could it be possible adding leds for racing flags? I use the Oculus Rift and the flags appear in a far corner where are difficult to see.
Thanks
Unlikely in the near future, but not ruled out. Any other impressions from the Rift, is the data visible enough, all working properly?

Unlikely in the near future, but not ruled out. Any other impressions from the Rift, is the data visible enough, all working properly?
Everything's prefect, thanks!
It'd be nice - but I know it could be a pain - having a vertical layout. This way the app won't be visible (for me) unless I turned my head (i'd put it on the far left, opposite to the AC app selection)

Hello,

i try to add new MOD´s into the compound.ini that the colors right displayed.
i saw, the CAR-MOD is written between the "[ ]".
i saw also, letters are attached.
e.g [abarth500_st] or [abarth500_sm]

so i switch to the folder ...content/cars/ and see all Cars (there are many) , but i only found abarth500 without the attach letters (e.g. st or sm or h or m or s ...).

When i only add the directory-name of the new car-mod in the compound.ini the colors dont work.

How i find out the right name between the "[ xyz ]" to make it work ???

Last edited:
Hello,

i try to add new MOD´s into the compound.ini that the colors right displayed.
i saw, the CAR-MOD is written between the "[ ]".
i saw also, letters are attached.
e.g [abarth500_st] or [abarth500_sm]

so i switch to the folder ...content/cars/ and see all Cars (there are many) , but i only found abarth500 without the attach letters (e.g. st or sm or h or m or s ...).

When i only add the directory-name of the car-mod in the compound.ini the colors dont work.

How i find out the right name between the "[ xyz ]" to make it work ???
Whether you can make it work depends on the specific car mod and how the author decided to name the available tyre compounds. Kunos has a standard which RaceEssentials follows and expects, where each tyre has a short name between the brackets after the full name, for example SemiSlicks (SM), Soft (S), SuperSoft (SS), Street (ST) and so on... Unfortunately, many mods don't follow this naming convention and any mod that doesn't provide the short name in the brackets won't be recognized and loaded properly. If your mod does provide a short tyre name in the brackets, you need to add a section for each available tyre compound with relevant data. You can set this data to whatever you like, but if you want real data, you'll have to look in the tyres.ini, which can be tricky since data folder is often encrypted into data.acd. If that's the case, I suggest you contact the mod author to provide you with relevant data.

thanks topuz for the fast answer.

i have extract the data.acd and realized that the field "SHORT_NAME=" doesnt exist.
Only i found at first position the field "NAME=Hankook Slick"

What kind of solution i have?

thanks topuz for the fast answer.

i have extract the data.acd and realized that the field "SHORT_NAME=" doesnt exist.
Only i found at first position the field "NAME=Hankook Slick"

What kind of solution i have?
Unfortunately, I have no idea how it works beyond what I've already told you. Besides, I really don't want to encourage anyone to open data.acd archives, they're encrypted for a reason.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to change the key to switch between tyre temps/pressures? Right now its F7, but that means you can't use F7 for freecam.

Otherwise, awesome app :D

@Topuz
did i understand you correctly, that without "SHORT_NAME"-entry in tyres.ini the app cant show the colored temp?
-> because this is the index to get the values of temp and pressure (min/max)

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to change the key to switch between tyre temps/pressures? Right now its F7, but that means you can't use F7 for freecam.

Otherwise, awesome app :D
It's been discussed already, I'm looking into it. I'll probably have to resort to a key combo though, which makes it a bit unfortunate if not bound to a steering wheel button.
@Topuz
did i understand you correctly, that without "SHORT_NAME"-entry in tyres.ini the app cant show the colored temp?
-> because this is the index to get the values of temp and pressure (min/max)
Yes.

I really like this app, thank you !

Is it also possible to use in the replays ? When i load up a replay it shows up for 2-3 seconds and then just disappears.

Thanks in advance !

I really like this app, thank you !

Is it also possible to use in the replays ? When i load up a replay it shows up for 2-3 seconds and then just disappears.

Thanks in advance !
Not right now. I mean, technically there's nothing preventing it, but a lot of info the app otherwise displays is not available in replay mode. Plus, there's a lot of quirks I didn't have time to deal with, like displaying the data for the car in focus, ignoring lap records and so on. Thus I dediced to just kill it in replay mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back