RaceDriver GRID

UPDATE: Download the demo: click here

Codemasters has released the first images of Race Driver: Grid (Formerly known as Race Drive One).

It's a complete turnover of the RD-series and is focused on what's going on between the starting grid and the finish, according to Ralph Fulton (Head Games Design at Codemasters). Fulton also said that there's no place for designing race outfits and collecting cars.

Race Driver Grid will use the Colin McRae: DiRT engine with an increased damage model: "Damage as small as screws of the car that stay on the track, thus influencing the gameplay."

Gamers can race on official European circuits in cars made by Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Pagani and many more. In the cities of Detroit, Washington DC and San Francisco there are street races. Japanese cities provide the opportunity to race in neon-lighted streets.

Race Driver: Grid is being developed for PC, PS3 and XBOX360 and is planned for the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Screenshots: CLICK HERE.

[Source: Tweakers.net]

Maybe you can share some pictures and movies here. Seen this same message before already :)

Haha alright well the only interesting thing i have to post is that movie i made the other day... I do have screenshots of all the cars but they aren't very exciting...

(click images for larger version)

I will be posting more interesting images when i have the chance to take some... I've also been recording more footage since i made that video the other day, and hopefully will be able to make a more interesting showcase than the previous one lol..

Thanks again man :)

I used to love the stock car for a laugh...

Would make a great saturday night let your hair down.... sim not required......
Rd members who like the fun events in raceon... if theres enough who own this game we can do a "raceon goes on tour to another game event"....

icon1.gif
GRID Online is HERE!!! now

GRID Online is HERE!!! now. That's right NOW, here's a VERY SIMPLE way of playing GRID-ONLINE. (links below)

(1) download "Tunngle"--it's an Internet LAN service (for FREE), register and install,

(2)open up Tunngle and find Race Driver: GRID, keep open...

(3) start game and go to MULTIPLAYER, LAN, Sessions...and...and...

HOLY $#@^, ONLINE!!!!!!

Links (to show how to):
go to YouTube and search GRID and Tunngle
well, I just wanted to make sure all those 75% OFF STEAM purchasers had an MP avenue.... big thanks to Rusty who posted this on codies site.......
ENJOY, Rusty!

What platform is this for? PC, Xbox 360 or PS3?
It's a very good idea :) But how are you going to host a server? Codemasters shut down all servers for Race Driver Grid on PC and PS3 on June 19 last year. The only way to host a server is via either via Hamachi or Tunngle. Unless you are on the Xbox 360 of course. Multiplayer still works on it, although I don't own a Xbox 360.

I'm fairly sure that we will not be able to join a LAN game, since there has to be a direct connection between two or more PS3's (via a Wifi network or a cable). If you were to host a multiplayer race with several people from RaceDepartment, you would need to play via the games' multiplayer itself. Unfortunately this isn't possible since Codemasters shut down all the servers for the PS3 (and PC).

Luckily Race Driver Grid 2 is coming in the future.. we're awaiting official announcement but at least we know it exists and is being worked on.

We can not join a LAN or local game, unfortunately. There has to be a worldwide multiplayer connection so other people from around the world can join you. I'm afraid it isn't possible to set up a league on the PS3 :(
We will have to wait for Grid 2! I really hope it'll be better than the original Grid.

I used to love the stock car for a laugh...

Would make a great saturday night let your hair down.... sim not required......
Rd members who like the fun events in raceon... if theres enough who own this game we can do a "raceon goes on tour to another game event"....
after I was done doing the GT stuff yesterday, I had a lot of fun doing the demo derby lol.

World Touring Car Championship 2006
version 1.0.2013.0210

Converts the whole touring car aspect of the original game to that of the 2006 World Touring Car Championship. Now you can race against all 50 drivers, using any of the 10 cars from the season. The drivers and cars, each with unique skills and performance, have been cleverly divided up amongst all 5 touring car events in the game to ensure maximum variety, and fun!

Features
  • Official Teams -- Race against all 22 teams from the season.
  • New Cars -- Get behind the wheel of all 9 cars, each with unique handling.
  • All Drivers -- Compete against all 50 drivers, with realistic skill based on real life stats!
  • Liveries -- Completed are the N.Tech, and Chevy RML liveries.
  • BTCC Bonus Teams -- As an added bonus, the complete VX Racing, and Team Halfords teams, from the BTCC, are included, along with the Vauxhall Astra.
Credits
  • ML2166 - For painting the N.Tech liveries, and manufacturer logos.
  • RallyGamer - For making the Rob Huff livery.
  • Ryder25 - For creating everything else.
DOWNLOAD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back