RaceDriver GRID

UPDATE: Download the demo: click here

Codemasters has released the first images of Race Driver: Grid (Formerly known as Race Drive One).

It's a complete turnover of the RD-series and is focused on what's going on between the starting grid and the finish, according to Ralph Fulton (Head Games Design at Codemasters). Fulton also said that there's no place for designing race outfits and collecting cars.

Race Driver Grid will use the Colin McRae: DiRT engine with an increased damage model: "Damage as small as screws of the car that stay on the track, thus influencing the gameplay."

Gamers can race on official European circuits in cars made by Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Pagani and many more. In the cities of Detroit, Washington DC and San Francisco there are street races. Japanese cities provide the opportunity to race in neon-lighted streets.

Race Driver: Grid is being developed for PC, PS3 and XBOX360 and is planned for the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Screenshots: CLICK HERE.

[Source: Tweakers.net]

Race Driver GRID

dunno where to post this and dunno where to look, been trying to google it, the game seems to hang in 2 second intervals, small hangs wich last for like 500ms in the same 2 second intervals, its constant and i have tried to tweak the game but nothing i do makes it go away... i got over 100fps so im not under spec... anyone knows?

Went to the local Blockbusters and Game, and they didn't have any pre-owned Grid.
So I am going to order a Pre-Owned version from game.co.uk tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday

Just ordered Grid and Need for Speed: Shift both pre-owned from Game.
Should have them by the end of the week.

I got Grid on Steam for the PC as well, but not installed as I use my XBox 360 for gaming now.

I got both mine today.
I did have a good car in shift and got to the world tour. But it seems I have deleted my game save from when I rented it. So need to start from fresh.

Alright well some of you may have already this in another sub forum but regardless this is probably the most appropriate place to post.

I have recently been working on a mod for GRID, mainly because it's a really fun game, i love both simulators and arcade racers, i know this game sort of blurs the line between the two, but honestly it's hard to say what it really is, because 99% of the cars are real, most of the tracks are real, the handling for each car is different, some better than others... So what is your definition of an arcade racer vs. a simulator? if your talking about actual features like a PIT, tyre wear, amount of fuel etc then ok this isn't a simulator, but if you look back at Codemasters previous titles, including games that are pure simulators like the TOCA series (which GRID's original codename was TOCA4), you will see that GRID actually has more racing features than some of their previous "sims" in the same franchise...

Anyways enough ranting, i made a mod recently to try and expand the diversity of the demolition derby mode, by adding all 48 cars and a few more tracks, i have been able to make this quite fun to play... instead of the plain old Jupiter Stock car... this actually lets you (and the AI) driver anything!
It's also not as bad as it sounds either.. the AI generally sticks to cars within the same class, with 1 or 2 of them choosing other higher class cars... Overall its awesome and hilarious to see the AI being very aggressive with very fast supercars in this mod (because the AI is coded to be more aggressive in Demolition Derby mode)

I haven't uploaded the files yet because it still needs alot of work, but if you like GRID, make sure to track this and stay tuned for more updates :)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/demolition-derby-mod
I posted a screenshot of all the cars available, to show that i'm not telling tales.

Also anyone interested in learning how to mod GRID or any other EGO Engine game for that matter, can visit the EGO Engine Modding Wiki that i have started at
http://ego-engine.wikispaces.com
I wrote and designed that entire wiki from scratch, created image tutorials for all the tools available as i was modding GRID and learning for myself. I don't own F1 2010 yet and would like to so i can dive into the game files and see how Codies latest EGO engine game ticks.
Feel free to contribute!

-Jenkins

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back