RaceDriver GRID

UPDATE: Download the demo: click here

Codemasters has released the first images of Race Driver: Grid (Formerly known as Race Drive One).

It's a complete turnover of the RD-series and is focused on what's going on between the starting grid and the finish, according to Ralph Fulton (Head Games Design at Codemasters). Fulton also said that there's no place for designing race outfits and collecting cars.

Race Driver Grid will use the Colin McRae: DiRT engine with an increased damage model: "Damage as small as screws of the car that stay on the track, thus influencing the gameplay."

Gamers can race on official European circuits in cars made by Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Pagani and many more. In the cities of Detroit, Washington DC and San Francisco there are street races. Japanese cities provide the opportunity to race in neon-lighted streets.

Race Driver: Grid is being developed for PC, PS3 and XBOX360 and is planned for the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Screenshots: CLICK HERE.

[Source: Tweakers.net]

Vid: Impact slowmo

wel i got into a little accident and it just happen to be the best spot for it camera wise. here is a 2-3 second impact streched out oer 2 mins where you can see how good the collision model of race is altho i do not agree witht he cars losing there paint so easely..

Too many people say it is a good game, so they cannot all be wrong is my guess :D

By the way i have seen BurnOutParadise a few months back and that handling was also very arcade but that damage model was so good that the game itself turns out to be very good

• Mehmet Arslan

I can assure u that for us simracers this game sucks, i have tried it with my simexperience ( not that its that good :circuitzolder: ) and its just unbelievably arcadish.

yeah the game is arcadish but not everything has to be a sim.. i mainly play this cause some other RNGD guys that ive bin playing about 5 years with play it aswel.

the cars tend to be very sensitive on cornering so instead of alot of understeer like you get in sims you get oversteer..

Patch 1.2 was released as well (for PS3 fans so far), with the PC patch coming soon. The fixes include.

• Fix for errors generated on game shutdown
• Support for TrackIR
• Online experience points: more points awarded for completing longer races
• Assists on/off toggle added to session creation and browsing
• Additional championships added to event voting (event voting screen now scrolls to see additional championships)
• Fix for failure to recognise some devices in user-created action map presets, including Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.
• Fixed GRID startup issue where it appears as a process in Task Manager but fails to run.

GRID Xbox Patch Resets Ranks

The Xbox 360 GRID patch was released yesterday (5th July). It was released to fix a host of problems experienced with the original GRID. However the patch also brought some bad news. It was understood that the game initially set low track times because of glitches, but the Xbox ranks were also reset to zero. It’s easy to understand why lap times were reset, but resetting ranks is rather unfair since they did spend a good bit of time racing to get up there. Fans at the Codemasters forums don’t seem to be pleased at all, as a number of posts are coming in where users are expressing their utter displeasure for the new changes.

Check out this user's feelings towards it. >> Codemasters forum - Xbox360 Ranks reset after Patch/Update

PC Patch 1.2 Released

The Race Driver: GRID 1.2 patch has finally been posted for download. It was published in an attempt to fix the mishaps of the 1.1 Patch. The fixes include:

• Fix for sessions list overflow and missing characters in front end.
  • Fix for errors generated on game shutdown
  • Support for TrackIR
  • Online experience points: more points awarded for completing longer races
  • Assists on/off toggle added to session creation and browsing
  • All offline events (apart from head-to-heads and touge) are now available online (event voting screen now scrolls to see additional championships).
  • Fix for failure to recognise some devices in user-created action map presets, including Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.
  • Fixed GRID startup issue where it appears as a process in Task Manager but fails to run.
  • Additional experience points are awarded for not colliding with other cars whilst racing damage on or forward sessions.
You can get the Patch here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back