1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured RaceDepartment's Official GTA V Crew

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto V' started by Howard, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Howard

Staff Emeritus | F1 Engineer Premium Member

QQ0tIiM.png To welcome the release of Grand Theft Auto V on PC, we've started an Official RaceDepartment crew for everybody to join and represent RD in the state of Los Santos!

We'll be organising plenty of ingame events, meetups and races to make the most of the epic title. Now, once you've finished your enormous install and are ready to get going, you should join our crew on Rockstar Social Club by clicking here.

How pumped are you to get cruising on the streets of Los Santos? Ready for the first ever RD Los Santos meet? Tell us below!
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. wish i had the game :)
  3. Torcano

#21 MPB Clan Premium Member

What's the download size on steam? I heard it is like over 60 gigs in size... if so, then it is impossible for me to get it digitally with my data cap ridden internet and I have to order a physical copy. Sigh, more waiting to do eitherway before I can get my hands on it. xD
  4. I don't believe it. It's sacrilege discussing GTA here.
    Oh well, guess I should have expected as much. Everybody except me seems to like GTA a lot.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. You're right, it is over 60 GBs. 65 GBs in fact.
    Better still, the retail copy takes up to 7 discs. 7!!!
    But with all that aside, I am still buying it.
  6. Non Steam version is busted at the moment, everyone reporting crashes when loading any graphic assets. R* solution so far is to redownload the 60Gig again. FU!
  7. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Better idea to activate my key and download it then? I am awaiting the 7 discs :p
  8. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Just remember our racing rules... :rolleyes: Can't believe this is being thrown in with sim racing :roflmao:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Probably better to wait until it's fixed, the error is

Failed Zlib Call (wtf)

Sounds like a part of the download is corrupted hopefully this wont require a full download again!
  10. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Damn... this also applies to the disc version? :(
  11. Don't know Ricardo, there is a nice big patch to download regardless of version so it may be that, but the Steam installation can be fixed by verifying the cache. This is the price I am paying for being cheap it means no Steam and using R* own launcher, as it stands I don't think anyone knows for definite. You may be fine with the disc version and it could be just the d/l from R* own launcher which would be ironic considering they actually bloody make the game.
  12. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Ahhh well thanks any way, I'll see it when I get home :p
  13. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Joined the group. But: R* dl takes , from now , 3 days to dl. 53 kb/sec. :thumbsdown:
  14. Howard

Staff Emeritus | F1 Engineer Premium Member

Well it has pretty great arcade street racing, and it's nice to take a break from anti roll bars and tyre pressures!

Just as a warning guys, the game is a 60GB download, and unpacks to like 120GB.
  15. Si

Premium Member

Joined the group! Moorlands tis my name:)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

xBramster reporting for duty as well :)
    • Like Like x 2
  17. I "pre-downloaded" last week the 60Gb, then yesterday had another 360mb patch yesterday. Game worked for me in Story mode. The Benchmark test ran funny, not sure how its supposed to work, but I didn't need to tweak much to the graphics except rez, anti-aliasing and windowed mode.

First chance to get a car I just drove. Radio on and driving for a 1/2 hour, 24 miles. So satisfying. Went from Long Beach port to mulholland Drive, back down PCH to the SM Pier. What a game world. Cant wait to do some racing online.
    There seems to be way too many nice cars driving around. I would prefer to see more mundane cars, then when you see a Ferrari or the like, you just have to jack it. Like in Driver:SF when you come across that rare McLaren or Zonda!
  18. I hope you get your copies patched quick and get out there. My patch download bombed a couple times before it finished. Good thing I pre-downloaded. I might finally be able to delete Just Cause 2 from my HDD... NAH!
  19. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

I am downloading the last 0.12GB with 100kb/s, isn't that great? :D
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. have the game and its epic :D
    • Agree Agree x 1