RaceDepartment vs Wham! 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
LC.jpg

The annual tradition of Christmas Paranoia has started. The aim of the game is to make it to 2018 in your time zone without hearing any of the song Last Christmas by Wham! This year it will be especially tricky as it is sadly the first Christmas since George Michael's unfortunate passing Last Christmas.

Keep your wits about you, this song will be everywhere.

Rules:
  • You must make it to new year in your time zone, this is the end point.
  • The original Wham! version is the only one that eliminates you. If you hear a cover version, it doesn't count as an elimination.
  • When you hear the song, it counts as being Whammed! and you must post that you were eliminated and how.
  • No bait and trapping on this thread. Any links to the video not clearly marked on this thread mean an instant disqualification for the user linking.

• You have until 1st December to sign up, but the competition starts from when you sign up.
  • Be honest. If you have been Whammed! don't hide it.
  • This thread is a safe zone. Listening to the song on this thread doesn't count as a Whamming. Use it to check if what you heard was the original version or not.
Tips:
  • Don't trust anyone. If you tell someone you are doing this and they aren't, they will try to Wham! you.
  • If you do hear it start to play, you are out, so keep listening to see if it is the Wham! version or a cover, you could be lucky.
  • Radio stations, TV channels and shops are all danger zones, be prepared to turn it off/leave/cover your ears and go "lalalalalalala".
  • Turn the volume off before clicking links, there is no penalty for seeing the video.
  • Do not trust any other RD members. Don't blame me for a mass take-out on Teamspeak (unless I do it :sneaky:)

All in all, enjoy and don't get Whammed!

Last edited:
Signed-Up Users

Whammed Users

• 23/11: @Phil Davies, Now That's What I Call Wham!
  • 24/11: @Oscar Hardwick, George Michaelangelo
  • 25/11: @destinationriver, "And the Instagrammy for being Whammed! goes to..."
  • 28/11: @Jimlaad43, Surely as thread starter I should have immunity rights or something...
  • 29/11: @Menos, Telling people is the absolute worst thing you can do.
  • 05/12: @Rui F. Martins, if your friends want to you go to a Christmas themed event, they are not friends.
  • 09/12: @Benutzername, stop Mulled Whining
  • 10/12: @Matthew Allington, Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's some Wham!
  • 10/12: @Aidan Keranen, @Azabadaza is a legend!
  • 11/12: @TTupsi, You went to a Ski resort. The video is set in a ski resort. Do you see where you went wrong?
  • 12/12: @Meff28s, taking creative inspiration from Last Christmas is a no-no.
  • 12/12: @oldwolf, cars have AUX cords for a reason.
  • 16/12: @the_sigman, It's ridiculous, honestly, lost a game for nothing for ***** sake.
  • 16/12: @rubaru, going from turning the hair blue, to turning the air blue.
  • 23/12: @Lesley Buurlage, Oh Schip!
  • Unknown: @Bram Hengeveld, Off the Whamblebars

Last edited:
We should be safe in the US until after Thanksgiving, Nov 23. After that, all the decorations go up, the music changes, and everything smells like potpourri. Yay.

Pfff I should win easy:)
I don't like music so while I am driving I don't listen to anything, any free time that I have is spent on simracing at home I don't have a TV or radio so I am golden!
Unless RD decides to play it on one of their broadcasts
I think that every year.

And then suddelny: WHAM! The song hits you in the face in the grocery store. Asaaasrgh

I think that every year.

And then suddelny: WHAM! The song hits you in the face in the grocery store. Asaaasrgh
Exactly. You don't pay attention to it normally even if you hear but when trying to avoid it you are more prone to noticing the song. (Same goes for other things than songs too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back