RaceDepartment Skinning Competition - The Winners!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
1st 32%.jpg

Following the successful conclusion of our first RaceDepartment themed skinning competition we are pleased to confirmed the winners have been decided!

We've had an incredible response to our competition during the last month, with no less than 73 beautiful deigns submitted by our awesome community and utilising a wide variety of first and third party content currently available in Assetto Corsa today.

We asked our readers to vote for your top five designs which will then be reviewed by Kunos Simulazioni's Stefano Casillo and an overall winner chosen.

Of the 73 final submissions we received an incredible 1,356 votes, with each and every livery submitted receiving a vote in the poll. However the standout community chosen skin, and incidently the scheme chosen by Casillo as our overall winner, was the brilliant RaceDepartment Corvette C7.R by @speedyx56

1st 32%.jpg
1st 32% top.jpg

Receiving a total of 32% of the community votes and seal of approval from Casillo, the Corvette is a beautiful design and a worthy victor against such stiff competition.

"Congratulations to all submissions" said Casillo, "I have chosen the Corvette as it is the one featuring the most interesting lines, gradients, details and design that seem to transcend the actual car curves and adds interesting angles to the base shape.
A big shout out must also go to @pan-pan who ended up in the runners up position with is his awesome GTR below:

2nd .jpg
View attachment 178091

Next up in joint third position with an equal number of votes are designs from @schUPpor and @TTM75 with the FXXK and Fiat 500 respectively.

3rd.jpg
View attachment 178092
4th.jpg
View attachment 178088

@schUPpor makes yet another entry into our top five with his fifth position voted submission for the venerable BMW Z4, proving that classic GT3 machines can still keep with the latest and greatest in the world of GT racing.

5th.jpg
View attachment 178090

I'm thick and can't count... :) Please welcome the lovely Porsche from @NCIS that a more intelligent person would have seen actually amassed votes high enough to be in the initial top 5!! Congratulations @NCIS, great job fella! Lucky that @schUPpor had 2 skins in the top 5, so no harm no foul!

NICIS.jpg

Each of our top five finalists will receive a small Kunos Simulazioni goody bag containing some Assetto Corsa merchandise as a reward for their efforts, and our winner @speedyx56 will receive an additional free 12 months Premium membership at RaceDepartment.

EDIT: Because we are so impressed with the top 5 skins, everyone will get a new 12 month Premium too !

On a personal note I want to thank everyone who has taken part in the competition, either submitting a skin, voting in our poll or offering words of encouragement to our entrants. It's been the first time we have run something like this and it's not been all plain sailing I must admit, but I'm simply delighted with the response and engagement we have received. I wasn't sure how well received this event would be when I first decided to run the event... well it's gone down very well indeed! Thank you everyone! I will take on board the lessons learnt from this event and the next one will be even bigger and even better !

Congratulations everyone, simply exceptional stuff.

@speedyx56 @pan-pan @schUPpor @TTM75 please can you send me a PM so we can arrange your prizes :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years